The Big Queen's Park FC Thread

34 minutes ago, SpiderFromMars said:

Shouldn't we be looking at moving to Lochinch and selling Lesser to the SFA?

Wouldn't we be far better building a stadium there than picking up the crumbles from the FA? Lesser is better suited as a training ground than a stadium, from my point of view.

Lochinch is in the middle of a quiet and beautiful country park in Glasgow.  So leaving aside the sacrilege that it would be to build a stadium in such a lovely spot there is no infrastructure to support a stadium (i.e. nearby car parking, decent access roads or public transport links). There are also no nearby pubs, cafe's etc so wouldn't be the greatest day out for many adult fans.

1 hour ago, SpiderFromMars said:

Wouldn't we be far better building a stadium there than picking up the crumbles from the FA? Lesser is better suited as a training ground than a stadium, from my point of view.

I can't lie, I've had that same thought today but logistically it looks very very unlikely: access for one. 

I cycled past lochinch a few months ago with my brother and stopped to see what was going on. There was a youth game on and I noticed a sign for coffee. We nipped in to the coffee shop (passing Charlie Fox and Grant Savoury who were just leaving) and got some bacon rolls and tea and watched a bit of the football though the large windows. The girls running the place were delighted with the extra custom. I would recommend it.

4 hours ago, SpiderFromMars said:

No. Lochinch is a good facility but it's not suitable for qp's home ground. For us qp fans without cars it would be very difficult to get to, and I can't imagine it's much easier for those with cars due to poor infrastructure.

Lesser would be great if it wasn't so tiny, central location, right in our 'spiritual home'

Thanks for the explanation about Lochinch, ufortunatelly I'm a bit far off Scotland to see it in person... great to hear that it's such a beautiful place.

Nontheless we still need a stadium and, in my opinion, it will never be Lesser. We are just wasting time there.

For what I can see, the comitee wants to rent Hampden and loan Lesser as a training ground for the SFA - which is, imo, a mistake. Even if it brings a bit more money.

A club needs it's own stadium to move forward. A club like QP needs it even more.

Edited by SpiderFromMars

seeing as us Edinburgh City fans are used to playing in a soulless dump with one stand for the fans which replaced a far grander edifice I'll be treating my visit to the new Lesser Hampden as a home match... 

11 hours ago, tamthebam said:

seeing as us Edinburgh City fans are used to playing in a soulless dump with one stand for the fans which replaced a far grander edifice I'll be treating my visit to the new Lesser Hampden as a home match... 

You're barred.

Well... I'm looking at the teams left in the cup and I think on paper any team against Morton would not be wanting to draw us. 

Assuming we can dispatch Edinburgh city, which I would hope we can, there might be a wee run on here

Especially with CD in charge!

Happy to be through but that was a tough watch.

We looked a much poorer team without Shaun Welsh and if that was Liam Mcleish auditioning for more first team minutes then I’m sorry to say he failed spectacularly against a struggling league 2 team.

Rudden listed as a sub but nowhere to be seen?

Feel for McLeish, as pinging high balls at him, like Davidson wants really isn’t his game. He clearly has pace although should’ve at least hit the target in his 1-on-1. 

I get the feeling he has to have a man playing beside him. *Cough* Austin Samuels *cough*

The Rudden situation today was odd.

Was he warming up at all? 

Were they not bad actually, or were we rubbish?

I was quite impressed by them, I had to double check they were League 2. I remember us and our opposition being much worse in League 2.

I thought EC were a tidy wee unit, and certainly weren't outclassed by us.