Lowland League General Discussion

FairWeatherFan

9 hours ago, Derry Pele said:

Also telling that Threave went down, were largely a top two side in the South, but can’t get out of West Division 3

Isn't it Threave's first season in Division 3? The fixtures are fairly kind to them in the run in, so it's not done yet.

5 minutes ago, morrison said:

Isn't it Threave's first season in Division 3? The fixtures are fairly kind to them in the run in, so it's not done yet.

Threave might yet get out of WOSFL Div 3 they have games in hands over the teams above them

3 hours ago, PossilYM said:

If you Google multi universe theory and take it from there.

The scary part is in the old West Junior world this is real.

A league set up to run parallel with the LL.

I don't think they even want to play the the LL winners in a play off.

They'll probably except a play off with Club 42 although not Bonnyrigg Rose because BR belong in the East in some sort of wormhole where there is no Junior Cup.

Nobel Peace Prize up for grabs is you can figure this one out.

You are on fire 🔥 today, brother.

Ave a few more 😆😆😆😆😆😆

HL/LL Playoff binned because Buckie has been refused a Bronze Licence.

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/news/scottish-fa-statement-pyramid-play-off-tie/?rid=13929

Thursday 25 April 2024

The Scottish FA regrets to announce that Buckie Thistle FC will not be eligible to participate in the Pyramid Play-Off tie between the champions of the Scottish Highland and Lowland Football Leagues this weekend.

Under Pyramid Play-Off Rules, it is a prerequisite for participants to comply with SPFL Membership Criteria, specifically in this instance a Bronze-level club licence award from the Scottish FA.

Buckie Thistle does not comply with this criterion following its failure to obtain an award by the Licensing Committee yesterday.

Consequently, the match will no longer take place and East Kilbride FC, who were granted a bronze licence by the committee, will proceed to the cinch League Two play-off final against eventual Club 42.

Scottish FA spokesperson: “The Licensing Committee considered a range of eligibility criteria in respect of Buckie Thistle’s application. Unfortunately, the submission did not meet the requirements for the award of a Bronze licence.

“All SHFL and SLFL clubs were written to in December last year to advise that the audit process would be accelerated for those clubs with a chance of promotion, in light of the SPFL’s updated membership criteria requirements.

"The Scottish FA’s club licensing department has been in regular dialogue with Buckie Thistle since then to notify the club of, and provide ample time to address, issues highlighted in their Club Licensing Report.

“Unfortunately, these issues were not addressed by the club prior to yesterday’s licensing committee decision.”

SPFL spokesperson: “Every club was made aware in summer last year of the need to have a Scottish FA Bronze Licence to participate in the SPFL. Regrettably, Buckie Thistle failed to respond to any of the three subsequent follow-up letters sent in October, February and March.

“They are not compliant with SPFL Rules and failed to apply for a period of grace by the 31 March 2024 deadline. The SPFL Board has huge sympathy for Buckie and their fans, but has no option but to enforce our Rules.”

15 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

HL/LL Playoff binned because Buckie has been refused a Bronze Licence.

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/news/scottish-fa-statement-pyramid-play-off-tie/?rid=13929

Thursday 25 April 2024

The Scottish FA regrets to announce that Buckie Thistle FC will not be eligible to participate in the Pyramid Play-Off tie between the champions of the Scottish Highland and Lowland Football Leagues this weekend.

Under Pyramid Play-Off Rules, it is a prerequisite for participants to comply with SPFL Membership Criteria, specifically in this instance a Bronze-level club licence award from the Scottish FA.

Buckie Thistle does not comply with this criterion following its failure to obtain an award by the Licensing Committee yesterday.

Consequently, the match will no longer take place and East Kilbride FC, who were granted a bronze licence by the committee, will proceed to the cinch League Two play-off final against eventual Club 42.

Scottish FA spokesperson: “The Licensing Committee considered a range of eligibility criteria in respect of Buckie Thistle’s application. Unfortunately, the submission did not meet the requirements for the award of a Bronze licence.

“All SHFL and SLFL clubs were written to in December last year to advise that the audit process would be accelerated for those clubs with a chance of promotion, in light of the SPFL’s updated membership criteria requirements.

"The Scottish FA’s club licensing department has been in regular dialogue with Buckie Thistle since then to notify the club of, and provide ample time to address, issues highlighted in their Club Licensing Report.

“Unfortunately, these issues were not addressed by the club prior to yesterday’s licensing committee decision.”

SPFL spokesperson: “Every club was made aware in summer last year of the need to have a Scottish FA Bronze Licence to participate in the SPFL. Regrettably, Buckie Thistle failed to respond to any of the three subsequent follow-up letters sent in October, February and March.

“They are not compliant with SPFL Rules and failed to apply for a period of grace by the 31 March 2024 deadline. The SPFL Board has huge sympathy for Buckie and their fans, but has no option but to enforce our Rules.”

FFS, thought this was a wind up, what a shambles. Sorry for the clubs and fans who were geared up for the two games, a lot of revenue lost.

I guess Buckie f’d up big style though at the end of the day?

I suppose it gives EK time to rest up, never sure if that’s great or not to have a longish gap now.

Edited by Cowdenleith

Here's a list of the licensing status published yesterday.

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/media/11752/240424-club-licensing-awards.pdf

Strangely, Airdrie, Cove, Kelty, Edinburgh City and Peterhead still don't have a Bronze licence.

I note that Beith still doesn't have a licence, so cannot participate in the LL Playoff with the EOS and SOS champions, should they win the WOS Premiership.

I warned months ago that this would happen, and it was called scaremongering.  Thankfully no reason could be found to exclude EK so hopefully they go on to pump whoever they play.

6 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

I warned months ago that this would happen, and it was called scaremongering.  Thankfully no reason could be found to exclude EK so hopefully they go on to pump whoever they play.

And so did I - bronze license is quite difficult for many clubs.  

25 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

FFS, thought this was a wind up, what a shambles. Sorry for the clubs and fans who were geared up for the two games, a lot of revenue lost.

I guess Buckie f’d up big style though at the end of the day?

I suppose it gives EK time to rest up, never sure if that’s great or not to have a longish gap now.

Maybe Buckie thought they had no chance of reaching bronze licence status.  You won’t get waivers for things that aren’t in place  if they won’t be rectified in very short order.  

2 minutes ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

Maybe Buckie thought they had no chance of reaching bronze licence status.  You won’t get waivers for things that aren’t in place  if they won’t be rectified in very short order.  

That’s a fair point. You would think SFA might have announced this on perhaps Sunday before East Kilbride printed and sold all the tickets, fans probably booked buses to come down etc.  Very odd timing.

Absolute farce from the SFA!

They have a deadline, knew it wasn’t licensed by then and knew that they didn’t apply for a period of grace by 31st March.

Buckie may have made an error, but the sheer incompetence is with the SFA who should have announced this the very next day!

It literally reads like they’ve only just discovered this loophole!

What an absolute shambles! 

46 minutes ago, Bundesliga Boy said:

Absolute farce from the SFA!

They have a deadline, knew it wasn’t licensed by then and knew that they didn’t apply for a period of grace by 31st March.

Buckie may have made an error, but the sheer incompetence is with the SFA who should have announced this the very next day!

It literally reads like they’ve only just discovered this loophole!

What an absolute shambles! 

EK only got approved at the license committee yesterday, so Buckie had until then to sort it out, then they could have been approved at the same time. I think the SFA have been generous in giving them to the last minute to sort it, Buckie didn’t, it’s on them.

44 minutes ago, To B or not B said:

EK only got approved at the license committee yesterday, so Buckie had until then to sort it out, then they could have been approved at the same time. I think the SFA have been generous in giving them to the last minute to sort it, Buckie didn’t, it’s on them.

While the spirit of it might be nice, I don't think I agree.

Plans have been made. Money taken.

image.thumb.png.faf1278343f6f3d161599625b9ed3223.png

Everyone going through the motions. Only to cancel days before is poor.

7 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

While the spirit of it might be nice, I don't think I agree.

Plans have been made. Money taken.

image.thumb.png.faf1278343f6f3d161599625b9ed3223.png

Everyone going through the motions. Only to cancel days before is poor.

The SFA couldn’t have been seen to be pre-judging the decision of the licensing committee, so plans had to be in place on the chance Buckie were approved.