Spartans Season 22-23

Hoofhearted

1 hour ago, tamthebam said:

I'm not sure about the break being particularly beneficial Hoofy. Maybe good to give the players a rest, especially if there's niggling injuries, but sometimes you lose momentum.

I have a vague memory of Gary arranging a friendly for City when we were between games going into the play-offs.

Anyway get it up thae mutton molester league winners

Aye City did play a closed door game remember reading about it in the programme.

Just out of interest on my way to Montrose yesterday passed a coach heading north that had THE SPARTANS showing in the destination box on it, could not think why it was heading up the road, any explanations? Congratulations on winning your league.

Edited by peternapper

47 minutes ago, peternapper said:

Just out of interest on my way to Montrose yesterday passed a coach heading north that had THE SPARTANS showing in the destination box on it, could not think why it was heading up the road, any explanations? Congratulations on winning your league.

Blyth on a magical mystery tour? 

8 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

Blyth on a magical mystery tour? 

Did wonder if it was a ladies team as there are so many of them now. As i was driving did not really get a look who was onboard just the name caught my eye, maybe driver training for the play-offs

8 minutes ago, peternapper said:

Did wonder if it was a ladies team as there are so many of them now. As i was driving did not really get a look who was onboard just the name caught my eye, maybe driver training for the play-offs

It would have been the Spartans Girls under 16 NAP (National Academy Programme) team, which is the elite level at that age group, they were playing away to Aberdeen yesterday.

Belated congrats to Spartans for their Lowland title victory!

Ordered tickets online tonight for the home leg of the play off v Highland champions - should be a cracker!

Much as I vehemently disagree with the convoluted play-off system with the mere hope of ending up in the SPFL, it doesn't half make for some excellent play off matches both between HL and LL champs, and again between winner of that match-up and Club 42.  (tho longer term I do hope this is resolved).

Edited by Bundesliga Boy

41 minutes ago, Pyramid Watcher said:

Great result in the circumstances, not sure how the Brechin keeper stayed on the park to be honest.

I wasn't at the game but a mate who was there described it to me.  Hopefully we will see it in any highlights package.

When the keeper gets involved in a DOGSO incident, refs sometimes overlook the fact that there is no longer a keeper left defending the goal, as there generally is if it is a defender who is judged to be the "last man".

5 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

I wasn't at the game but a mate who was there described it to me.  Hopefully we will see it in any highlights package.

When the keeper gets involved in a DOGSO incident, refs sometimes overlook the fact that there is no longer a keeper left defending the goal, as there generally is if it is a defender who is judged to be the "last man".

Stayed on as there was a couple of defenders back but the rule should be looked at as I think it's a different situation when the keeper comes out of the box and takes out the player who was going around him. He would have had a good goal scoring opportunity with no goalkeeper to beat. Overall a deserved win for Spartans - Brechin were very poor, apart from a long range shot again the crossbar they created nothing even against 10 men for a hour. 

I can see why the Brechin keeper was not sent off for denying a goal scoring opportunity as he was not the last man but the challenge itself was reckless and could easily been a red card offence. 

1 hour ago, Jute said:

I can see why the Brechin keeper was not sent off for denying a goal scoring opportunity as he was not the last man but the challenge itself was reckless and could easily been a red card offence. 

Red card every day of the week. Fulfils both DOGSO and serious foul play criteria.

May be an image of 2 people, people playing American football, people playing football and text

May be an image of 3 people, people playing football, people playing American football and text