The Queen of the South thread

The cynic in me thinks that 'personal reasons' is a mutual attempt to make both Skelton and the board come out of this looking okay. Admitting it was a sacking would make the Queens board look nuts, and give Skelton a sacking on his CV, personal reasons is suitably ambiguous enough for no-one to really point any blame and for everyone to pretend it never happened. 

Edited by Diamonds are Forever

Fitting that his departure is following the similar clusterfuck manner of his appointment.

I didn't think he should have been appointed in the first place, but having given him the gig the board should probably have backed him for a bit longer.

You have to wonder how attractive a proposition we'll be seen by prospective managers after the harsh treatment of Fowler and Skelton.

Happily take a defeat on Saturday now if it stops Thomson getting the job.

Wow. That's a bit of a shocker. I'd say Skelton clearly wasn't happy and he's made the decision to walk away. No part of me thinks he has been asked to leave given our history of not sacking managers. Look how long it took them to get rid of Iain Scott.

Genuinely hope Gav finds work quickly and I'm sure he will.

From our point of view I hope whatever is going on is dealt with. Manager's don't just give up a salary for no good reason.

35 minutes ago, die hard doonhamer said:

So much this. The whole one thread for every club and f**k all else approach taken to this board is infuriating.

Agreed.  It's stupid when something big like this happens, that it gets hidden away in a place only the interested will look in.  It kind of defeats the multi-club idea of the place.

5 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Wow. That's a bit of a shocker. I'd say Skelton clearly wasn't happy and he's made the decision to walk away. No part of me thinks he has been asked to leave given our history of not sacking managers. Look how long it took them to get rid of Iain Scott.

Genuinely hope Gav finds work quickly and I'm sure he will.

From our point of view I hope whatever is going on is dealt with. Manager's don't just give up a salary for no good reason.

Yes, it really doesn't sound like a sacking, even the face saving disguised type we're all familiar with.

I liked Skelton and wish him well.

37 minutes ago, Jimmy85 said:

Why on earth has the original thread been merged into here? It quite clearly merits a thread of its own. 

Aye, I wouldn't even have known it happened had it not been for a separate thread being created in the first instance. There are countless worthwhile discussions that would get valid contributions from supporters of different clubs being missed out on through being whacked into one giant club specific thread. Fans of other clubs don't generally enter as no one gives a f**k about under-19 results or awards for long serving pie stall staff at other clubs, whereas everyone cares about managerial changes or financial meltdowns which are clearly worthy of their own threads.

Anyway, Skelton. Bizarre stuff. With 'personal reasons' being used in the official statement you don't want to speculate about what those might be, but there is the suggestion from some places - Gibson - that personal reasons aren't actually anything to do with it.

*insert obligatory Jim McInally/James Grady/Jimmy Calderwood/Rowan Alexander picture here*