The Queen of the South thread

15 minutes ago, Zen Archer said:

You guys are away to Hibs this weekend.

The M74 will be closed in both directions between J4 Maryville and J5 Raith from 20:00 on Friday 18 November to 06:00 on Monday 21 November.

It is for the safe demolition of Bothwellpark Road Bridge near Hamilton.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-37761479

We're away to you guys ;)

Thanks for the info - I'd already decided not to go but if I hadnt that would probably have made my mind up

ETA - just realised, though, that the motorway isnt closed this weekend but on the 18/19th Nov. We are away to Hibs that weekend. I cant imagine the road closure will affect many travelling from Dumfries, as going via Biggar is as easy as taking the motorway

Edited by Mr X

6 minutes ago, Mr X said:

I know, I just realised that and edit my post.

Unlike the coward Hibeesbounce who made the same mistake then deleted his post

To be fair I read it without clicking the link and presumed the same as you. Albeit I wouldn't got that way to either Edinburgh or Kirkcaldy anyway so it wouldn't affect me. I don't think it will affect many of our fans heading for Edinburgh. They would mostly cut off the motorway at Abington anyway, way before the road closure. Can't imagine many would consciously go up the M74 and along the M8.

Just now, Skyline Drifter said:

To be fair I read it without clicking the link and presumed the same as you. Albeit I wouldn't got that way to either Edinburgh or Kirkcaldy anyway so it wouldn't affect me. I don't think it will affect many of our fans heading for Edinburgh. They would mostly cut off the motorway at Abington anyway, way before the road closure. Can't imagine many would consciously go up the M74 and along the M8.

We probably would have to get to Kirkcaldy, just because the M8 brings you to the right side of Edinburgh for the bridge. Certainly wouldnt to go to Easter Road though

1 hour ago, Mr X said:

We probably would have to get to Kirkcaldy, just because the M8 brings you to the right side of Edinburgh for the bridge. Certainly wouldnt to go to Easter Road though

So does my route. I hate the M8 with a passion and avoid it wherever I can. If heading for Livingston or into Fife I tend to cut off the M74 at the A71 to Lanark and then head up cross country to Livingston via Carstairs, Forth, West Calder, etc. It's country roads but other than a couple of places it's fairly straight and reasonably quiet.

I didn't realise Denny Johnstone was at Queens as a youth player before going to clubs such as Birmingham City, on loan at Greenock Morton and now at Colchester United.

I knew he is the Great Grandson of Bobby Black.

Incidentally, I was watching an old clip of East Fife in a Scottish Cup Final and noticed Black in the footage of YouTube, at Methil before Dumfries.

The DOBBIE loss of form to me is because of all the traveling he does.

It is now catching up with him and affecting his football.

He is nothing like the player that started with us.

5 games without a goal 2 points from 15  is relagation form.

Edited by Northfield 53

Can't be serious

SD has said previously that he stays with his parents in Glasgow 3 days a week. He isn't really doing that much travelling at all.

2 hours ago, Northfield 53 said:

Nonsense! the loss of Del Lyle his striking partner who he has got such a great understanding with is the difference the other lads filling in for Del aint on the same level.

Cut and pasted 'cos I cant be bothered retyping.

Dreadful stuff, in fact I'd even go as far as turgid pish!

Glad we won but tbh by half time I was praying that we'd finish with a boring 0-0 and Alba would sod off and leave this fixture alone.

Though Cuthbert was excellent but McHattie shaded it as my motm followed by Johnston.  They were easily our best three performers on the day. other than that quite a few Rovers had an off day, lets hope they are saving it all up for next week!!

On a day of little quality it was a great ball in from Skacel, at last he has done something of note, lets hope it's just the beginning.

I really couldn't understand our persistence with the high ball which was meat and drink to Queens. I think I could count the number of headers we won on 1 hand during the 90.

From top of the League to outside the play-off places in no time.

We really need to do something in these two tough games up ahead, or we could find ourselves in 7th place before long.

All a bit dispiriting really.

Only if you were ever deluded enough to think we were going to trouble the upper reaches of the league for a prolonged period. Something I very much doubt.

Otherwise its just a case of us being where we all expected to be.

Still plenty to look forward to, with a couple of cup ties on the horizon to hopefully take our mind off the league.