The Queen of the South thread

1 hour ago, Mr X said:

There is a review of the first quarter on the website, including updates from the physio on all the current injuries

clicky

The physio bit doesn't make for great reading.  The Lyle one seems to have been especially bad for us and the idea of being without him for another month is not a jolly one.

It's a useful round - up though.  The work now being done in the community is really quite impressive.

31 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

The physio bit doesn't make for great reading.  The Lyle one seems to have been especially bad for us and the idea of being without him for another month is not a jolly one.

It's a useful round - up though.  The work now being done in the community is really quite impressive.

Soke to Lyle he hoping to be back next sat.

5 hours ago, Doonhamer doon south said:

I'm sure he will be doing work behind the scenes. Contributing to the club without playing games.

Are you talking about Tapping or Millar?

What on earth do you base this on?  What sort of vital work do you imagine that he's providing?

I feel very sorry for the guy.  His career as a footballer would be appear to be under real threat, given his injury record.  Obviously, I'd expect that we'll meet all contractual obligations to him and that that'll happen without being any kind of issue.

Quite what else, other than playing football, we'd be looking for the poor sod to do however, I've no idea.

Well I would imagine he would be going round the schools or helping to promote the club as well as his rehabilitation work. If the guy is concerned about his playing career then he might be looking at coaching badges etc. I don't know I was only making a comment cos a few people said get rid of him. I think he can still be of value to the club even if he can't as a player.

I agree with you on feeling for the guy. I hope this is his last injury and he can come back for the club

Did McMillan not play in midfield too, possibly before becoming a more regular right back?

If he could do a job in midfield, Id sign him, but we dont need a right back

Could be worth a shot in midfield and cover defensively.

Good to get update from Physio on QOS site.  

It makes dire reading and what makes matters worse is 4 serious injuries incurred in training and one in a warm up!!!!!!

Honestly you could hardly make that up. 

Encouraging to hear that we are looking for renforcements because we desperately need them but as Mark Blount rightly says there is no point in signing bodies for the sake of it - they have to be materially better than the young players that we have at our disposal. 

16 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

As I said on the other thread, the cowshed one is a terrific photograph.  Where did you discover it?

A Doonhamer pal had it on Facebook. 

17 minutes ago, Swarley said:

That's beautiful. When I started supporting QoS I stood in the Cowshed. Thanks for sharing.

Can't have been much of a game. The guy against the wall is engrossed in his book :lol:

Right enough looks like it was the days the fans could swap ends at half time, so not necessary a home fan.

5 hours ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Ah the cowshed. Cramped,uneven leaky roof and a strong reek of pish. 

Happy days :lol:

A photo of what passed for the toilets behind the cowshed, would be a step too far, even for my nostalgia obsession.

A rootless structure comprised of corrugated metal and moss.  I'm guessing it was chiefly responsible for said strong reek.