The Queen of the South thread

Out for the majority of last season apart from the run in and potentially out for the rest of this one.

IF true, The club have backed him plenty. Cant afford to have someone like that on the sqaud constantly injured.

2 minutes ago, QosLoyal said:

IF true, The club have backed him plenty. Cant afford to have someone like that on the sqaud constantly injured.

Yes, but if we offered him a contract that wasn't based solely on appearances, then obviously we're legally - as well as morally - obliged to honour its terms.

Surely with him being out for so long last season, when he was offered a new contract we would put something in it to cut his time short other than having to pay a player a wage yet another season for the best part of a few months actually playing

Have noticed that a few people have been having a go at pickard and miller over the last few weeks, if I had to pick anyone that's been poor for me it's grant anderson, after a good start he's been very poor of late and would rather start brotherston ahead of him

Have noticed that a few people have been having a go at pickard and miller over the last few weeks, if I had to pick anyone that's been poor for me it's grant anderson, after a good start he's been very poor of late and would rather start brotherston ahead of him

Anderson has been poor going forward of late but he doesn't neglect his defensive duties so he can be cut some slack. Something that can't be said about Millar.

Anderson has been poor going forward of late but he doesn't neglect his defensive duties so he can be cut some slack. Something that can't be said about Millar.

Does anyone see Carmichael playing wide left midfield and Anderson still wide right?

Let's hope Jacobs is available on Saturday.

I can see your point. I hope that Hilson is back to form when he returns if out for 3 months. Hilson was looking the best player just before his most recent injury.

No player is going to sign a contract that their club could terminate should they get an injury. The end of the day Tapping has got his injury playing for us whether it was in a match or in training, he is entitled to his pay.

Tapping told me at Dumbarton that he was injured at training.

Jordan McMillan (right back) previously linked with Queens is currently training with Dunfermline his drug ban is up on 17th Nov. Had hoped we might have got him signed till end of the season to bolster the squad.

I was thinking that myself, after he was sitting with Lyle and his father at Dumbarton. Previously with the Pars and on loan at Queens. Heard he'd been training with Queens recently. Johnston always seems to be after who Queens are after.

36 minutes ago, RUSTY1111 said:

I was thinking that myself, after he was sitting with Lyle and his father at Dumbarton. Previously with the Pars and on loan at Queens. Heard he'd been training with Queens recently. Johnston always seems to be after who Queens are after.

Johnston says he only training with the Pars no intention of signing him he has a big enough squad.

1 hour ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Jordan McMillan (right back) previously linked with Queens is currently training with Dunfermline his drug ban is up on 17th Nov. Had hoped we might have got him signed till end of the season to bolster the squad.

Did McMillan not play in midfield too, possibly before becoming a more regular right back?

If he could do a job in midfield, Id sign him, but we dont need a right back

3 hours ago, Doonhamer doon south said:

I'm sure he will be doing work behind the scenes. Contributing to the club without playing games.

What on earth do you base this on?  What sort of vital work do you imagine that he's providing?

I feel very sorry for the guy.  His career as a footballer would be appear to be under real threat, given his injury record.  Obviously, I'd expect that we'll meet all contractual obligations to him and that that'll happen without being any kind of issue.

Quite what else, other than playing football, we'd be looking for the poor sod to do however, I've no idea.