The Queen of the South thread

1 minute ago, paulbrucerick said:

Robinson rumoured to be coming to Ayr. Is he worth the hassle? Sure I read on this thread he was trouble.

Depends which Robbo you get, on a good day yes on a bad day, meh.

12 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Ok then here's your answers:

Derek Lyle (117 goals)

9 - Dumbarton
7 - Alloa Athletic, Falkirk, Morton
6 - Cowdenbeath, Livingston
5 - Airdrieonians, Annan Athletic, Brechin City, Ross County
4 - Albion Rovers, Arbroath, Ayr United, Hamilton Academical, Raith Rovers, Rangers, St Mirren, Stranraer
3 - Dundee, Forfar Athletic, Stenhousemuir
2 - Dundee United, Elgin City, Montrose, St Johnstone
1 - Berwick Rangers, Brora Rangers, Dunfermline Athletic, East Fife, Partick Thistle, Spartans

So Dumbarton is the answer to the question with 9 goals, 2 clear of anyone else. He has scored just one hat trick for us which came against Annan Athletic. Surprisingly his 100th goal v Dunfermline was his only one to date against them.

Stephen Dobbie (100 goals)

10 - Clyde
9 - Falkirk
7 - St Johnstone
6 - Dundee, Partick Thistle
5 - Dunfermline Athletic, Livingston, St Mirren
4 - Airdrieonians, Hamilton Academical, Morton, Stenhousemuir
3 - Ayr United, Dundee United, Montrose, Raith Rovers
2 - Alloa Athletic, Berwick Rangers, Dumbarton, Gretna, Peterhead, Ross County, Stirling Albion
1 - Albion Rovers, Cowdenbeath, Hibernian, Linfield, Linlithgow Rose

So Clyde is indeed the answer to the question currently, though it might not be next week! He hasn't played against Clyde since returning to us so he actually had 10 of the 55 goals from the first spell against the one team, and another 7 in that first spell against St Johnstone and 6 each against Dundee and Thistle. 29 of his 55 came against just 4 clubs.  We never played Falkirk in his first spell. 9 of his 45 in the 2nd spell have come against Falkirk which is comfortably the biggest since his return.

He has scored 4 hat tricks to date, three away from home to Morton, Falkirk & Dunfermline and one at Palmerston, a Clyde game he actually got 4 in.

excellent reply as always  Skyline Drifter

Will Saturday be Kane/Kerrs last game?Or do we get a few more games with them considering St Johnstone are on the winter break?
Loans ends on the 1st of January. Kerr just extended his contract with us and confirmed, again, he's returning. Still nothing official about Kane either way, he'd be, at least, fourth choice if he returned, so it's of no benefit to anyone for us to deny an extension if you want it.

56 minutes ago, Dumfries Boy(new acc) said:

So when do Kerr and Kane's loan expire then? Will Falkirk be there or are they still available for Dumbarton?

ETA:Asking as for Dumbarton we could be sitting with 3 Fit defenders

Ewan Gourlay, defender, promoted from the U20s per OS squad list.

http://www.qosfc.com/players

Robinson rumoured to be coming to Ayr. Is he worth the hassle? Sure I read on this thread he was trouble.

Agile keeper who is excellent with ball at his feet. I would have said that he was suspect at cross balls but having witnessed the much heralded Alan Martin in action I would say that he is competent by comparison.

Surprised nothing been said about the Facebook rumour, possible return of Joe Thomson?

I expect that will float around until he is tied up to a club. I'd take him back in a heartbeat.

Forgot McFadden was only signed until January. If he doesn't re-sign then I imagine it will kill off the rumour of Stirling returning to Dumbarton.

I commented the other day that McFadden is exactly the kind of player we needed in the middle of the park against St Mirren. Someone who would control the ball and look for a pass. I don't know if he'd have the legs though. It would surely be worth a punt though given Tapping was as good as no good in there.

I expect that will float around until he is tied up to a club. I'd take him back in a heartbeat.

Forgot McFadden was only signed until January. If he doesn't re-sign then I imagine it will kill off the rumour of Stirling returning to Dumbarton.

I commented the other day that McFadden is exactly the kind of player we needed in the middle of the park against St Mirren. Someone who would control the ball and look for a pass. I don't know if he'd have the legs though. It would surely be worth a punt though given Tapping was as good as no good in there.

I’d keep Stirling where he is, he’s shown enough in his run of games that he’s got something. Tapping id punt, the myth of him being a player seems to be finally disappearing.

Joe Thomson is exactly what we need

I’d keep Stirling where he is, he’s shown enough in his run of games that he’s got something. Tapping id punt, the myth of him being a player seems to be finally disappearing.

Joe Thomson is exactly what we need