The Queen of the South thread

When do the loans for Kerr and Kane end.

When does McFadden contract end surely worth a extension till the end of the season 

On 16/12/2017 at 21:40, Skyline Drifter said:

It will depend on St Mirrens advance sales though at this moment it doesnt look likely to sell out so unsold tickets will likely be available pre match. Need to see if there is a rush this week though. With the size of away support St Mirren have carried this season they might sell out the stand so they were sent all the tickets for it. Presuming they return unsold tickets they will be available on the day but we will know more towards the end of the week.

Skyline is there a new rule that when you get treatment on the pitch you can stay on .

Always thought after

Losing Kerr and to a lesser extent Kane would be a blow in so far as it would leave another two positions to fill in addition to the 2 or 3 we could already do with adding.  Is it just me that doesn't think Kerr is that good though?  He's clearly a very good player with a very bright future in the game, but has he stood out any more than Fordyce or Brownlie?  Not for me he hasn't, and I can't imagine there would be the same disappointed reaction if we were going to lose either of those two to St Johnstone in the January window.  In the case of Brownlie I'd imagine there are still people out there who would be happy to see him go!

Losing Kerr and to a lesser extent Kane would be a blow in so far as it would leave another two positions to fill in addition to the 2 or 3 we could already do with adding.  Is it just me that doesn't think Kerr is that good though?  He's clearly a very good player with a very bright future in the game, but has he stood out any more than Fordyce or Brownlie?  Not for me he hasn't, and I can't imagine there would be the same disappointed reaction if we were going to lose either of those two to St Johnstone in the January window.  In the case of Brownlie I'd imagine there are still people out there who would be happy to see him go!

I think that generally is the quality of the three centre halfs we have. For me, I’d be gutted if any of them were to leave. Darren Brownlies game has came on so much since he first came, when being honest he was probably viewed as a stop gap but managers have obviously seen something in him, and it’s been proving to be the correct decision, still think he has odd moment in him though. Callum Fordyce is probably my favourite player at the moment, someone i fancied us to try sign after last game of last season, he does a sterling job out of position at Full Back but think when he plays centre half we look a lot stronger, talks his way through games and seems to appreciate chance he’s got. I’d be gutted to lose either but for me Jason Kerr is best, I think if we had someone Naysmith was genuinely confident with at right back it’d probably be Fordyce and Kerr centre half, maybe a tad harsh on Brownlie. We’d go from being quite comfortable regardless of who plays, to struggling if ones out injured unless we find someone of equal quality to Kerr which could be the difficult thing.

IF Kerr does leave,  which I hope he doesn't,  would Rooney not be a candidate to step in at central defence.  Was he not signed as a RB/central defender? I've never seen him play there so have no idea what he would be like.  Fordyce and Brownlie should be 1st choice in there when fit obviously.  

1 hour ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

IF Kerr does leave,  which I hope he doesn't,  would Rooney not be a candidate to step in at central defence.  Was he not signed as a RB/central defender? I've never seen him play there so have no idea what he would be like.  Fordyce and Brownlie should be 1st choice in there when fit obviously.  

He might be. But we would then have only 5 defenders, one of whom is currently injured. So that means possibly only 4 available at the beginning of January. So, what happens if another one gets injured? Or suspended? The squad is thin enough as it is. If we lose Kerr, we need a replacement.

4 hours ago, palmy_cammy said:

I just assumed everyone thought he was class:lol: I'd be gutted if he left in January which was always a possibility. Just shows the difference in peoples opinions. 

Edited by spacekid84

Don't worry guys we got Scott Mercer whatever happens. I'm being harsh I have only seen highlights and his sub appearance against TNS but he is our stop gap guy. Was it not mentioned few weeks back that ST Johnston would be happy for both players to stay to get regular football. Or is that my opinion. 

Don't worry guys we got Scott Mercer whatever happens. I'm being harsh I have only seen highlights and his sub appearance against TNS but he is our stop gap guy. Was it not mentioned few weeks back that ST Johnston would be happy for both players to stay to get regular football. Or is that my opinion. 

We said that about Kane, but not about Kerr.

I see on the Falkirk thread you are linked with Nathan Austin, would make sense with Naysmith having him at East Fife. If Kane is staying then that is some amount of options you would have up front.

If Falkirk got rid of him I'd expect us to at least be sniffing about given his previous connections with GN. I'd prefer him up front to Dykes certainly.

I'm in the same boat as palmy_cammy tbh. He's done well but I don't see this excellent defender the majority of our fans do.

My biggest concern with him leaving is the fact Rooney or Mercer will feature more regularly at RB. I think if we had a solid RB then Kerr wouldn't have been brought in in the first place.

On 20/12/2017 at 20:50, Dougie Mills said:

Player can now stay on after treatment if the player penalized for the foul is carded.

It is at the discretion of the Ref as Jack Ross found out in the Livi St Mirren game when he was sent to the stand for arguing with Craig Thomson after Thomson insisted Stelios leave the field after being fouled and the the Livi player being booked. 

2 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

This.

He's been fine - that's all.

Presumably he is being sent back then because we are bringing in somebody better. Good news.

Kerr will be a massive loss imo. Never in my time supporting Qos have I seen a guy so dominant in the air. His timing of the jump is immaculate and he gets great distance on his headers. His reading of the game is also second to none. His passing is probably his worst asset but even that has improved alot during his time with us. Wouldn't be at all surprised if we get his team mate Liam Gordon in as a replacement. He seems to be in a similar situation and would relish regular first team football. Have also heard we are one of a few teams after Callumn Morrison who has been a revelation at Stirling on loan from Hearts. The press today states that Nathan Austin is going to Livi. If we ended up getting Gordon, Morrison and Thomson from Celtic I would be happy. Would also be happy to see Kane stay on.