The Queen of the South thread

42 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Just did.

It didn't look to me as if Paxman conducted that one either.

Compared to the usual AJ one it was night and day. Details of young players, reserves and injuries with questions from a few people. I don't expect Paxman just relevant questions explaining decisions made that picked that team  Just my view others may disagree or even agree. 

On 21/01/2020 at 08:05, Monkey Tennis said:

It gives their promising young goalkeeper experience at a higher level for if they plan to keep him.  It gives him increased exposure if they don't.

If he is to be their number one, it also means that Livingston will field a stronger side against every other club than they will against Rangers.

Increased exposure it has certainly given McCrorie! He was badly at fault for Hamilton's 2nd goal yesterday. 

Sorry to see him go, but probably for the best after Saturday.

AJ being very positive about pushing for the play offs, assume he means the top four! Hope fully we'll see a couple of quality players in this week.

Onwards and upwards #believe

This move has been in the works clearly, hence the loan signing of Devine. His attitude and commitment in his last game was an absolute joke. The club stood by him through his injury and for him to down tools like that is very poor indeed. This move is the best for all concerned as we get a bit of cash to bolster our midfield. 

At the start of the season hearing we had Semple back and signing Kilday, I hoped it was Brownlie that would drop out. Semple's fitness (or lack of) and injury problems meant he was a non starter and to be fair to Brownlie he had proved me wrong with mostly good performances.  He has always been prone to mistakes though and on Saturday he looked to have saved a lot up to use in that game.  Probably the timing of his poorest ever performance after signing a PCA would be highlighted even if it just happened to be by coincidence. Good luck to him but I don't think he's the answer to Partick Thistles defensive problems, or I hope not anyway. 

59 minutes ago, ALOREBURNE said:

This move has been in the works clearly, hence the loan signing of Devine. His attitude and commitment in his last game was an absolute joke. The club stood by him through his injury and for him to down tools like that is very poor indeed. This move is the best for all concerned as we get a bit of cash to bolster our midfield. 

We will probs sign another CB.

10 minutes ago, ALOREBURNE said:

A winger and a creative central midfielder is priority for me. I think we could get by with what we have just now at the back. 

What's the betting we go in for McShane?

1 minute ago, Benji said:

What's the betting we go in for McShane?

It’s been mentioned and I wouldn’t be surprised tbh. Djorkaeff also been mentioned and AJ had him training with us plus he played in the bounce game against Rangers. Nothing has came of that one so maybe not pursuing that deal. 

1 minute ago, Benji said:

And Berra

Would probably be a coup with regards to his experience and leadership on the field but do we really need him? I’d rather use our resources on the midfield which is the weakest part of the team. 

13 minutes ago, ALOREBURNE said:

It’s been mentioned and I wouldn’t be surprised tbh. Djorkaeff also been mentioned and AJ had him training with us plus he played in the bounce game against Rangers. Nothing has came of that one so maybe not pursuing that deal. 

Would probably be a coup with regards to his experience and leadership on the field but do we really need him? I’d rather use our resources on the midfield which is the weakest part of the team. 

I liked McShane first time round, not getting rave reviews just now, so could be worth a punt.

I get the reasoning behind possibly bringing Berra in, but, if he's fit, I'd like to see Semple given a run alongside Kilday. Berra would be a very short term fix, Semple is, hopefully, going to be here a long time.