The Queen of the South thread

18 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Names for Ballot for season ticket holders wishing to attend next week's game V Queens Park now being taken. (OS) 

Also seems Kirk Broadfoot is linked with Inverness CT. 

We will not get anywhere near what Inverness are offering Broadfoot .

He has the experience we need but he is  38 in August  surely his best years are long gone .

Yet to find a Killie fan who has a good word to say about him .

Watched a couple of videos of Ruben Soares Jr as I haven’t caught any of games yet. He seems to have something about him, definitely skill and bit of the cuff but I think he’ll be as frustrating as he is excellent at times, probably need a bit of patience as he develops. Gets good write ups from a few Billericay fans on twitter.

Another 6/7 still needed. Not writing off what’s been signed as could be absolutely fine but at this level majority of our squad, don’t have a lot of games at this level, guess there quality can’t be judged as of yet. Still think we need -

Goalkeeper
Centre half
Left back
Centre mid x2
Winger
Striker

Obviously we’ve had Kirk Broadfoot in, I’m not against bringing him in like some. Giving our lack of experience I think he’s probably exactly what we’re needing. The other defender on trial id like us to sign also as he’s done fine at centre half and right back but pure greed from me rather than necessity. I hope this week some loans can kick in this week.

Was always quietly impressed with Calvin McGrory last season, could see he had something so I’m it’s great to hear from a few that he did well in a deeper role. Be interesting to see if we keep him in there and allow him to develop. East coming on at left back and doing reasonably ok is just another string to his bow, he’s going to be one of them jack of all trades type, which is probably good for us although i did like him on the wing last year, always thought we had a better balance about us with him there.
Still a RB too for me if we can for back up.

1 hour ago, Northfield said:

He has the experience we need but he is  38 in August  surely his best years are long gone .

I've quoted you on the Inverness thread but I'll ask the same thing here,  what figures do you think Queens can offer compared to what Inverness can offer or will you admit you just have no actual clue. 

An experienced player like Broadfoot is exactly what we need on and off the park to help the youngsters…..

11 minutes ago, Steeplechat said:

An experienced player like Broadfoot is exactly what we need on and off the park to help the youngsters…..

You can't just sign an experienced player to help the youngsters if that player isn't able to do a decent job on the park,  Broadfoot would be a risky signing in that respect imo.  Besides we've got Willie Gibson as the voice of experience in defence and he's proved he can do a job. 

You can't just sign an experienced player to help the youngsters if that player isn't able to do a decent job on the park,  Broadfoot would be a risky signing in that respect imo.  Besides we've got Willie Gibson as the voice of experience in defence and he's proved he can do a job. 

Gibson was risky and look how that turned out. Personally think his experience will be invaluable especially at moment when were way short

He’s also 36, thanks for playing

36 minutes ago, Steeplechat said:

It’s really not at all. I’m sure KB would be a good signing for a League One club hoping to stay up next season or a League 2 or lower team. But for a club in the Championship I don’t see how it will work.

As for his experience - I’m sure that Stuart Findlay would probably give Broadfoot some credit for his development but KB was also responsible for a lot of the problems behind the scenes at Rugby Park and I don’t know if he would be the greatest guy to have around.

9 minutes ago, qos1990 said:

Gibson was risky and look how that turned out. Personally think his experience will be invaluable especially at moment when were way short

Gibson has fitness, a bit of pace and ability on his side so wasn't a risky signing in that context. The risk was playing him in a position he wasn't used to, and which he probably wasn't expected to be playing at regularly, it proved to be a good decision in the end. Broadfoot has neither pace or fitness any more imo.

1 hour ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Gibson has fitness, a bit of pace and ability on his side so wasn't a risky signing in that context. The risk was playing him in a position he wasn't used to, and which he probably wasn't expected to be playing at regularly, it proved to be a good decision in the end. Broadfoot has neither pace or fitness any more imo.

Oh he has a decent fitness level, just not the legs or the brain to play at this level.

Talking of brains, he's not the kind of guy you probably want around your club, unless your prepared to deal with the fallout of him spouting off without engaging his first. Just ask any St Mirren or Killie fan.

You'll have dodged a bullet if he ends up elsewhere......

Did you let a bunch of nine year olds design that by a committee process?

'Can't decide between the tinpot sticker, or a banner, or a crest, or an image of the ground? Och just stick the lot on it then.'