The Queen of the South thread

1 hour ago, Manwithnoball said:

... If the right manager comes in and we start to win games the crowds will increase with that I have no doubt. 

You could be onto something there! ..... (apologies in advance).

Keen to get a new manager in for the bounce/optimism it typically generates (however briefly) and while always important to get the appointment right it feels extra crucial this time given where we are and how the season has gone.

An extra week or two to get someone in that gives us a shot at the playoffs or just some hope of heading in the right direction for the rest of the season is fine.

Giving it to Grant Murray would send all the wrong messages of where the Board see the season - and waiting weeks to do it would be an extra kick in the teeth.

We are fortunate to have been so poor so far this season yet remain enough in touch with fourth place. 

I've written off the season a few times already but this feels like last chance sliding doors opportunity.

Sat is a big six pointer in that middle group so great chance to keep amongst the pack - obvs want a win but fear it strengthens the case for board to take the easy option of Murray.

I've largely ignored the rumour mill around new managers as hardly anyone ever really itk and it attracts idiots like that Dud guy. 

As is typically the case Ive got a much longer list of people I wouldn't want us to go for then those I would. It's also hard to gauge the attractiveness of our position to out of work managers - wouldn't be unhappy at all if it ends up being McCann. 

13 minutes ago, DoonhamerDon said:

I've largely ignored the rumour mill around new managers as hardly anyone ever really itk and it attracts idiots like that Dud guy. 

As is typically the case Ive got a much longer list of people I wouldn't want us to go for then those I would. It's also hard to gauge the attractiveness of our position to out of work managers - wouldn't be unhappy at all if it ends up being McCann. 

I've enjoyed the rumour mill, and somewhat enjoyed the Dud nonsense.

I think McCann is a better shout than utter jobbers like Yogi Hughes and Peter Grant.

The mention of Stuart Taylor was intriguing and bit out of the box.

Murray would be the continuity appointment and continuity is the last thing we need...

As others have said, it's mad - and completely frustrating - how shit we've been this season yet find ourselves within reach of the playoffs.

The board need to get this appointment right and give the new manager time to bring in whatever reinforcements he's able to in this window.

Whilst I suspect my tenner bet on us to win the league won't come in, we could still make the playoffs.

Have it on good authority that the delay is due to securing international clearance.

Apparently Ronaldo has had second thoughts about Saudi Arabia. Thinks it's too hot. Says he's interested in moving to Dumfries. Said he thought the transfer budget was pretty good. 

1 hour ago, Swarley said:

Have it on good authority that the delay is due to securing international clearance.

Apparently Ronaldo has had second thoughts about Saudi Arabia. Thinks it's too hot. Says he's interested in moving to Dumfries. Said he thought the transfer budget was pretty good. 

Yes I heard the same story so must be true.

PS what time of day do you take your tablets and is this with or without alcohol?