The Queen of the South thread

1 hour ago, Nithsdale Wanderer said:

What evidence do you have for such a definite response ?

A player told me what happened. I'm obviously not going to say what exactly it was but I can say with certainty it wasn't a case of just "Bartley pushing him out the door" as was originally stated. 

7 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

A player told me what happened. I'm obviously not going to say what exactly it was but I can say with certainty it wasn't a case of just "Bartley pushing him out the door" as was originally stated. 

Wow!  Never realised you had contacts ' on the inside ' .  Naughty player though, for telling tales ' out of school '.

Wow!  Never realised you had contacts ' on the inside ' .  Naughty player though, for telling tales ' out of school '.

Not really contacts tbh, just speak to someone from time to time and they told me what happened. I've not disclosed what happened and won't but think it's only fair to say it wasn't all one way. But like I say, some folk have an agenda and won't let the truth get in the way of spewing nonsense. 

10 hours ago, Nithsdale Wanderer said:

What evidence do you have for such a definite response ?

Noticed you haven't asked the poster who put Wilson's departure squarely at Bartley's door what evidence he has for claiming that was the case, or do you think it was all down to Bartley. 

Edited by Fae_the_'briggs
Spelin

1 hour ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Noticed you haven't asked the poster who put Wilson's departure squarely at Bartley's door what evidence he has for claiming that was the case, or do you think it was all down to Bartley. 

I don't have evidence either way , just an opinion.

I think it was Derek Johnstone I first heard coin the phrase  " It's all about opinions" on Super Scoreboard.

I don't have evidence either way , just an opinion.

I think it was Derek Johnstone I first heard coin the phrase  " It's all about opinions" on Super Scoreboard.

And as long as yours agree with his, then they will be aired on Super Scoreboard.

6 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Not really contacts tbh, just speak to someone from time to time and they told me what happened. I've not disclosed what happened and won't but think it's only fair to say it wasn't all one way. But like I say, some folk have an agenda and won't let the truth get in the way of spewing nonsense. 

So, if I was to claim I’d spoken to someone and what they said totally contradicts what you are claiming, is it you who is spewing total nonsense?

21 minutes ago, bod said:

So, if I was to claim I’d spoken to someone and what they said totally contradicts what you are claiming, is it you who is spewing total nonsense?

I couldn't care what you claim, I'm not getting into a pissing contest. The guy who told me this has told me stuff in the past that then happened so I've no reason to doubt him now. If you know the story then you should know it wasn't a one way street like you suggested. 

1 hour ago, QoS99 said:

Heard a rumour that Bartley offered his resignation three weeks ago and the club refused, anyone else heard this?

Not heard anything but my guess is nonsense tbh. Not sure the club could really stand in his way given they've let players leave before their contract ends. And if their justification was they didn't want players there who didn't want to be then it surely makes sense to let a manager go who doesn't want to be there. 

15 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Not heard anything but my guess is nonsense tbh. Not sure the club could really stand in his way given they've let players leave before their contract ends. And if their justification was they didn't want players there who didn't want to be then it surely makes sense to let a manager go who doesn't want to be there. 

Nobody could be prevented from leaving their job if they wanted to. 

Edited by Monkey Tennis

52 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

I take it if Marvin offered to resign that no compensation would be due as he's basically terminated his contract. I think if we're still struggling at the halfway point they'll look at it again. 

Never in a million years would Marvin offer to resign.

He would just forget about the 18 months left on his contract tell Queens he did not want any compensation .

Have read some mad posts on here some by me but this beats everything .

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

Yeah my thoughts as well, was just wondering whether this rumour had done the rounds.

I have no idea if it's true or not, but worth pointing out that it wouldn't necessarily mean they stood in his way, rather he might have offered to leave without compensation if they wanted him to, and they declined.

As I say, no idea if it's true or not, first I've heard of it is on here.

Edited by Priti priti priti Patel

4 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Nobody could be prevented from leaving their job if they wanted to. 

True, but he might be contracted to give an advance notice period to the club of his intention to resign. Not sure they could enforce it effectively though ...