The Queen of the South thread

5 minutes ago, Scosha said:

That’s us signed Shug Wilson until 2025. He’s been brilliant ever since he regained fitness and we probably wouldn’t have gained so many points over the last few weeks without his input. 

So frustrating he’s fell out with MB as he’d be our best player. Questions need ask the fact he was allowed to leave in the first place.

Edited by QoS99

15 minutes ago, Scosha said:

That’s us signed Shug Wilson until 2025. He’s been brilliant ever since he regained fitness and we probably wouldn’t have gained so many points over the last few weeks without his input. 

Hopefully stays fit for you. It should free up some of our wage bill as well. Would rather he stayed with us tbh but given our injury record this season he's probably best avoiding the place...

21 minutes ago, Scosha said:

That alone should be a stackable offence for Bartley! 😒

Good luck at Mortin Mr Wilson, their gain is a huge loss to us.

46 minutes ago, QoS99 said:

So frustrating he’s fell out with MB as he’d be our best player. Questions need ask the fact he was allowed to leave in the first place.

How do you know he fell out with MB? Maybe he just thinks hes better than QOS. Good riddance to him

Edited by Queens1919

1 minute ago, Queens1919 said:

How do you know he fell out with MB? Maybe he just thinks hes better than QOS. Good ridence to him

Great player but never fit and was intent on working his ticket out of Palmerston when we missed promotion last year. I can’t forgive him for being on the sick and the minute he signed for Morton he miraculously recovered. Miss his skill and not his attitude. 

Imagine a parallel universe where ...

Wilson - hadn't left (for whatever reason)

Cochrane - could stay fit for more than 2 games 

Mimnaugh - hadn't done his ACL

Add in Todd, and we could arguably have had a decent midfield this season.

41 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Hopefully stays fit for you. It should free up some of our wage bill as well. Would rather he stayed with us tbh but given our injury record this season he's probably best avoiding the place...

I'd assumed his wage would already have been freed up given his loan was due to run to the end of his contract. Presumed Morton would already be covering his wages. I could be wrong though.

8 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

I'd assumed his wage would already have been freed up given his loan was due to run to the end of his contract. Presumed Morton would already be covering his wages. I could be wrong though.

I can’t pretend to be an expert, but my understanding is that with most loans the ‘parent club’ covers at least some of the players wages. Obviously the Wilson loan wasn’t a typical one though.

No idea why we’d agree to a contract termination if it wasn’t in our financial interest to do so. 

1 hour ago, QoS99 said:

He has a clause written in his contract allowing him to move on if we didn’t win promotion last season. 

34 minutes ago, the_palmy_pie said:

He has a clause written in his contract allowing him to move on if we didn’t win promotion last season. 

If that’s the case why did he join Morton on loan rather than join them permanently in the summer?

1 hour ago, HighlandQueen said:

Great player but never fit and was intent on working his ticket out of Palmerston when we missed promotion last year. I can’t forgive him for being on the sick and the minute he signed for Morton he miraculously recovered. Miss his skill and not his attitude. 

Are you seriously suggesting he was faking? There was nothing wrong with his attitude on the park. And off it, I'd say it was petty from both Wilson and Bartley, certainly not a one way street. 

1 hour ago, HighlandQueen said:

Just as well you've got guid, honest players who simply give their all for the jersey* like Gavin Reilly then. That's why you're doing so well. 

FPSo5m9XMAgRYFE.jpg.0e233b06bca3e910ff073eb5bcf5c1fa.jpg

* rather than a stack of money to drop a tier to play against pub teams 

44 minutes ago, QoS99 said:

If that’s the case why did he join Morton on loan rather than join them permanently in the summer?

Would the loan suit Morton make sure he was fit enough to get a new contract if not then we would have got him back .

Surely they paid all his wages every loan set is different but clubs usually  only pay part of the wages if you are developing the player like we are doing with our loans .

On 14/01/2024 at 11:26, bod said:

I kind of felt for Hutchinson yesterday with the lack of service but he doesn't help himself with his lack of movement. Also on a number of occasions his second touch was a tackle. That said I didn't like to hear the booing when he came off.

He has scored a fair few goals...

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

Are you seriously suggesting he was faking? There was nothing wrong with his attitude on the park. And off it, I'd say it was petty from both Wilson and Bartley, certainly not a one way street. 

Yes