The Queen of the South thread

I hate to side with our BOD, but we do have a big squad (is it 27 or something like that) and if that is the case then you can understand why the BOD will say move some out before you bring others in - it's financial reality, particularly when our gates are plunging.  I had a drink with a St Mirren pal in their Members Club today pre-match and he told me that their squad this season only totals 19 (maybe they bolster that with youth squad players when necessary, not sure).  So you can see the different approach - sign quality over quantity.

We appear to be reasonably safe now (in terms of the dreaded drop to L2) so I can't see the BOD splashing any cash now either to sack Bartley or to bring in players.  Bartley will have to make do with what he has (and what he signed) to the end of the season.  Not great, but it is what it is.

56 minutes ago, Otis Blue said:

I hate to side with our BOD, but we do have a big squad (is it 27 or something like that) and if that is the case then you can understand why the BOD will say move some out before you bring others in - it's financial reality, particularly when our gates are plunging.  I had a drink with a St Mirren pal in their Members Club today pre-match and he told me that their squad this season only totals 19 (maybe they bolster that with youth squad players when necessary, not sure).  So you can see the different approach - sign quality over quantity.

We appear to be reasonably safe now (in terms of the dreaded drop to L2) so I can't see the BOD splashing any cash now either to sack Bartley or to bring in players.  Bartley will have to make do with what he has (and what he signed) to the end of the season.  Not great, but it is what it is.

No idea why we have a squad of 27 that is far to big you can understand the board saying to Marv to move players out before any come in .

On the Cup Tie we again were far to negative should always have a go . That was a very good away support of 485 it is a pity that even when we went a goal down we still never  had a go we had no plan B.

Subs should have been on straight away.but again they came in very late had no chance to change the game.

Another dissapointing defeat to what has been a very poor season .

Currently this page is as exciting as the team some of us claim to support,  I don't post often but that's me finished with this page it's all doom and gloom , and I have enough of that going on watching the team .I think some of the posters on this page are pleased we are struggling so they can run with their agenda  .

4 minutes ago, Dobbie11 said:

Currently this page is as exciting as the team some of us claim to support,  I don't post often but that's me finished with this page it's all doom and gloom , and I have enough of that going on watching the team .I think some of the posters on this page are pleased we are struggling so they can run with their agenda  .

Stop havering about agendas.

The team is poor and people are moaning about it.  It's really no more complicated than that.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

25 minutes ago, Dobbie11 said:

Other than the off field community work there is absolutely nothing at the club that merits positivity.  The Stadium is a shithole and the team/manager are useless - not sure what you expect folk to say.

40 minutes ago, Dobbie11 said:

f**k off. We have went from a team trying for promotion to the Premiership to being glad to avoid the play offs for League Two in the space of a decade, what are you expecting fans reaction to be like?

Also, it doesn’t need an “agenda” to realise our current set up off the pitch is a major reason we are struggling on the pitch.

52 minutes ago, Dobbie11 said:

Name one positive thing about our current situation please. 

59 minutes ago, Greenacres said:

... On the Cup Tie we again were far to negative should always have a go . That was a very good away support of 485 it is a pity that even when we went a goal down we still never  had a go we had no plan B ...

Yup, I could see that the players were giving their all to execute Marvin's plan for the match.  Both the guys I was with at the game said the same thing - once we conceded the goal with 19 minutes left, it should have been straight onto Plan B to try to get back into the game - so what if we'd lost another goal by going for it, at least we'd have had a go.  Very frustrating.  Bartley told the BBC that he was pleased with the performance and effort - fine, but he should've tried to get back into the match at that point, nothing to lose.  He had a big (for us) following in Paisley, many of whom don't often go to the games and it was a chance to impress even if we had ultimately lost to more illustrious opponents.  He was lacking ambition there I think.

1 hour ago, Dobbie11 said:

Aye, very good ... and where exactly are you seeing Queens fans "pleased that we are struggling"?  I think you'll find that most of the posters on here have followed Queens for decades, love their club and want things to improve.  As others have said already, we're frustrated by the current lack of ambition that has resulted in 5 years of steady decline and under-achievement.  This is the club thread, so why shouldn't genuine fans use it to express their frustration about their club?

1 hour ago, Dobbie11 said:

Wow that's quite a take.

I've no agenda other than I really want us to be better than an also ran in tier 3 of Scottish football.

The team are performing poorly and our club has been in decline for a number of seasons now. It's hardly a surprise that fans are moaning about that. To me it really is that simple.

3 hours ago, Dobbie11 said:

Thank you for your input Mr Chairman.

To be fair, you are unlikely to be the Chairman. I mean, it seems you are remotely bothered about how fans perceive the board and the club. 

10 hours ago, Greenacres said:

Subs should have been on straight away.but again they came in very late had no chance to change the game.

Another dissapointing defeat to what has been a very poor season .

Define “straight away”?

13 hours ago, qos_75 said:

Thank you for your input Mr Chairman.

To be fair, you are unlikely to be the Chairman. I mean, it seems you are remotely bothered about how fans perceive the board and the club. 

It was a bizarre post.  

He says he gets enough doom and gloom from watching the team, suggesting he's pretty unimpressed with our side as well, yet he gets thoroughly miffed if others have a grumble.

5 minutes ago, Greenacres said:

This week surly Marv will push to try and inprove the squad get players out and get quality in .

Was Marv in a surly mood?  Ah well probably understandable given all the flak aimed at him. 

32 minutes ago, Greenacres said:

This week surly Marv will push to try and inprove the squad get players out and get quality in .

Good to hear Brydon Reilly and Cochrane should be back  in the squad .

24 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Was Marv in a surly mood?  Ah well probably understandable given all the flak aimed at him. 

33 minutes ago, Greenacres said:

Good to hear Brydon Reilly and Cochrane should be back  in the squad .

We have been so unlucky this season with Mimnaugh, Houston, Brydon, Church, Cochrane, Reilly missing to a greater or lesser extent. I’ve got to believe if we had had them it would have helped. Looking forward to have the aforementioned back on Saturday. Please god 1 or 2 midfield/ attacking signings made

1 hour ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

That is me not following the game (,spelling ) plan just switch off for a second it can go all wrong .

Slightly surprised at the response to a narrow defeat at St.Mirren who seem to have established themselves in the Premier League. I wasn’t there - so happy to be corrected - but that’s a respectable result for Queens however nice it might have been to be in the next round. Bit more bothered about being first division also rans, that’s where we should really be aspiring to do better. 

On 20/01/2024 at 17:02, Distant Doonhamer said:

In isolation a 1-0 loss at St Mirren isn't a dreadful result. But again no shots on target just as was the case when we recently lost 1-0 at the Galacticos of Falkirk.

Grim.

7 minutes ago, FyldeCoastDoonhamer said:

Slightly surprised at the response to a narrow defeat at St.Mirren who seem to have established themselves in the Premier League. I wasn’t there - so happy to be corrected - but that’s a respectable result for Queens however nice it might have been to be in the next round. Bit more bothered about being first division also rans, that’s where we should really be aspiring to do better. 

DD has summed it up in a nutshell above. That isn't a terrible result given it was a decent St Mirren side two leagues above us and we're pretty shit. But I find it very depressing that we're now at a place where going to grounds and failing to have a shot on target is seen as acceptable. That's two away games in a row we've failed to test the opposition goalkeeper. Surprisingly, as well as our manager, some fans on here seem to think that's ok. And yet those who moan about those stats are being slated for being negative by the happy clappers. Irony bypass. 

Edited by 19QOS19