The Queen of the South thread

6 minutes ago, Homer Thompson said:

Thats only half the story. It was suggested that he used official channels rather than personal social media, so that more fans could know whats going on. Pretty sure there was a Q&A on the website for a while

I can only speak for QoS Mad (used to frequent it at the time) where he rocked up and was very engaging before he had to stop. Was quite refreshing at the time and quite disappointing it stopped. 

I'm not convinced that the fan consultation of that period is particularly worth lauding, given that on the biggest issue to hit Scottish football in ages, fan opinion was eagerly sought, then roundly ignored.

3 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I'm not convinced that the fan consultation of that period is particularly worth lauding, given that on the biggest issue to hit Scottish football in ages, fan opinion was eagerly sought, then roundly ignored.

That's true. It was nice to have a wee bit of communication from our BoD though. A rarity as a QoS I'm sure you can agree. 

16 hours ago, Slipmat said:

Aye, I think when Mark Robertson became a director it was during a close season and can't recall there being an EGM at the time.

There is a name for a board member. 

When Mark Robertson  came in he certainly sorted a few things out that is the type we need.

On 06/03/2024 at 17:53, QoS99 said:

In my opinion, I don’t think Bartley will be here next season. It’s the biggest open goal the BoD have in terms of getting fans on side right away. 

I wonder if there is a clause in his contract stating that any change of baord would then trigger a discussion/open a gateway for a mutual termination of MB's contract?

13 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

I can only speak for QoS Mad (used to frequent it at the time) where he rocked up and was very engaging before he had to stop. Was quite refreshing at the time and quite disappointing it stopped. 

I can understand why there's no Official input on places like P&B, MAD etc. Skyline Drifter, although not "Official", was certainly an insider and one of the best posters on P&B in my opinion, yet was constantly receiving abuse from (a small minority) of posters. I don't know if he decided to leave or was told to, but I wouldn't have blamed him if it was his decision. I myself no longer even look on MAD after receiving what I considered to be unreasonable abuse for what I thought was a perfectly reasonable post. Albertz11, while I didn't always agree with him, he tried to keep the board going, yet some people criticised every post he made.

I don't agree with everything I see posted on here, but I respect everyone's right to an opinion and have hopefully never posted a "that's a load of rubbish" reply (someone will probably dig one out now😀).

Having said all that, I don't even bother looking at The Official Site anymore, which is were the club should be communicating with the fans!

1 hour ago, Greenacres said:

There is a name for a board member. 

When Mark Robertson  came in he certainly sorted a few things out that is the type we need.

Yes capable guy and good communicator. Should be a clue to what’s needed

5 hours ago, Biblemaster said:

Albertz11, while I didn't always agree with him, he tried to keep the board going, yet some people criticised every post he made.

The said Albertz11 was the main reason why I stopped using the QOS mad site.

He did get abuse from some but it wasn't a one way street.

8 hours ago, Greenacres said:

7 hours ago, HighlandQueen said:

Yes capable guy and good communicator. Should be a clue to what’s needed

Seriously? 

7 hours ago, Biblemaster said:

..... Skyline Drifter, although not "Official", was certainly an insider and one of the best posters on P&B in my opinion, yet was constantly receiving abuse from (a small minority) of posters. I don't know if he decided to leave or was told to, but I wouldn't have blamed him if it was his decision .....

Skyline's still occasionally around on P&B, he just doesn't post on our club thread anymore.  I've had some discussion with him a wee while back on one of the other forums, can't quite recall the subject of the thread though.  I always really appreciated his insights into the administrative aspects of the game where he was clearly and obviously much more informed than most of us on here - and I think fans of other clubs used to welcome his informed input too.  That said, I don't think he coped particularly well with opposing points of view and I got the impression that his version mostly had to prevail (although to be fair he usually was right).  Did he receive abuse on here?  Not sure I read any, although I know that he could come across as a bit over pedantic to some posters (particularly of other clubs).  I guess we'll never know if he decided to avoid our club thread of his own volition, or if he was instructed to do so by the board.  Personally, I hope he returns to our club thread as I miss his input.

36 minutes ago, Homer Thompson said:

Voting is open for next seasons 3rd kit. 

Some cracking designs 

http://www.qosfc.com/kitvote

Always said an away kit should be a bit mental so the third one should be right out there for me. Some of them are absolutely disgusting so meet the criteria :lol: 

Ended up going for Troqueer 2. Though it was between that and Lochmaben. As long as it's not the 'safe' yellow option. 

I went for Moffat.  The black third kit of a couple of seasons ago was a thing of beauty.  Moffat came closest to reproducing it.

If they stuck a sponsor on this year's training top for next season I'd buy it. I think it's fantastic. But I'm not paying £40 odd for a tshirt. 

4 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Seriously? 

Have to agree with Monkey Tennis here. I, and I'm sure many others, will never forget the irony of a Rangers-supporting interloper on the Palmerston board castigating lifelong Queens’ fans for not being ‘true supporters’, after many of us expressed disenchantment with the club following the Ranger vote debacle.

Back in the days when I thought nothing of jumping in a taxi to Berwick from Edinburgh because I’d missed the train down to some inconsequential midweek fixture in the depths of the then second division, if someone had suggested that an Ibrox season ticket-holder would join the Queens’ board and have the brass neck to pass judgement on which of us were ‘proper fans’ (because we didn’t support our board’s inexcusable vote to give the reincarnation of his club a free pass to the upper echelons of the league structure), I’d have dismissed it as either the ravings of a madman, or a surreal flourish worthy of Joseph Heller.

Edited by Frankie S

9 minutes ago, Frankie S said:

Have to agree with Monkey Tennis here. I, and I'm sure many others, will never forget the irony of a Rangers-supporting interloper on the Palmerston board castigating lifelong Queens’ fans for not being ‘true supporters’, after many of us expressed disenchantment with the club following the Ranger vote debacle.

Back in the days when I thought nothing of jumping in a taxi to Berwick from Edinburgh because I’d missed the train down to some inconsequential midweek fixture in the depths of the then second division, if someone had suggested that an Ibrox season ticket-holder would join the Queens’ board and have the brass neck to pass judgement on which of us were ‘proper fans’ (because we didn’t support our board’s inexcusable vote to give the reincarnation of his club a free pass to the upper echelons of the league structure), I’d have dismissed it as either the ravings of a madman, or a surreal flourish worthy of Joseph Heller.