The Queen of the South thread

24 minutes ago, QoS99 said:

I guess we will (likely next week) find out soon whether the rumours are true about the reduced compensation when we finish outside the play offs.

Rumours are not true to get rid of Bartley we will have to sack him and pay him the remaining year of his contract he cannot lose.

The only losers are Queens on and off the pitch 

3 minutes ago, Artemis said:

If there is something in his contract saying compensation is reduced if Queens don’t get to the play-offs, could they not just give him a month’s wages to cover the period until it is mathematically confirmed? Even Bartley must know there is zero chance of Queens finishing fourth, so there shouldn’t be any argument, apart from the actual timing and it will probably be less than a month anyway.
They could then announce it as him leaving by mutual consent.

Never mind this mutual consent pish, I want him sacked NOW.

47 minutes ago, QoS99 said:

I guess we will (likely next week) find out soon whether the rumours are true about the reduced compensation when we finish outside the play offs.

I wouldn't bet on it, can't see it being the case.

4 hours ago, Slipmat said:

I'm starting to wonder when exactly the BOD reached their decision to collectively walk away en masse.   It's extremely unlikely that they would only have first considered and discussed this option and made their minds up over the weekend prior to the AGM.  Looking in from the outside there seems to have been no attempt made to identify successors, nor to replace a failing manager who, let's face it, should have been dismissed in October/November if the season was to be rescued and a top-four / secure mid-table place secured. 

We're now at the stage where if they were to sack Bartley, any incoming manager would have maybe 3 or 4 matches at most to turn things around given that the recruitment and installation of a new manager usually takes 3-4 weeks, so it's far too late to do anything about Bartley now.

The whole situation reeks of them having washed their hands of the club in the autumn / early winter period, and the longer they have let a shambolic situation continue the less attractive the club are becoming to new investors, or potential managers for that matter.  This season has gravitated from a position of optimism, to one of disappointment, then frustration, and now downright worry, but still they appear to be sitting on their hands doing nothing except counting down the days until they depart.  For example, what is the contingency plan if, say in six weeks or so, no new board is in place

Allowing the club to potentially slide down two divisions in three seasons and not replacing dud manager(s) is a clear dereliction of duty to both shareholders and fans.  And yet they have the nerve to call themselves "fans" too...

Just had to get that off my chest. 😡

^^^ 100% this.

14 hours ago, Slipmat said:

I'm starting to wonder when exactly the BOD reached their decision to collectively walk away en masse.   It's extremely unlikely that they would only have first considered and discussed this option and made their minds up over the weekend prior to the AGM.  Looking in from the outside there seems to have been no attempt made to identify successors, nor to replace a failing manager who, let's face it, should have been dismissed in October/November if the season was to be rescued and a top-four / secure mid-table place secured. 

We're now at the stage where if they were to sack Bartley, any incoming manager would have maybe 3 or 4 matches at most to turn things around given that the recruitment and installation of a new manager usually takes 3-4 weeks, so it's far too late to do anything about Bartley now.

The whole situation reeks of them having washed their hands of the club in the autumn / early winter period, and the longer they have let a shambolic situation continue the less attractive the club are becoming to new investors, or potential managers for that matter.  This season has gravitated from a position of optimism, to one of disappointment, then frustration, and now downright worry, but still they appear to be sitting on their hands doing nothing except counting down the days until they depart.  For example, what is the contingency plan if, say in six weeks or so, no new board is in place

Allowing the club to potentially slide down two divisions in three seasons and not replacing dud manager(s) is a clear dereliction of duty to both shareholders and fans.  And yet they have the nerve to call themselves "fans" too...

Just had to get that off my chest. 😡

Seemingly this decision was extremely close to the AGM that they would all go. I am hoping (crossing everything) that the new board coming in triggers some sort of clause in MB's contract for it to be null and voided... however from his post game chat with Sandra, It seems to be aparrent that he's going no where which beggars belief....... In all walks of life, you should have a plan B... the board should ALWAYS have a list of potential suitors and would love to see MB sacked immediately, which new manager replacing him until the end of the summer.  New Board then comes in and their first fresh task is to then assemble a clean slate top to bottom.... 

Talking new board... have we heard of any interest?? I have heard a couple of rumours of a few local business owners putting their plans to the baord but haven't heard anything official??

2 hours ago, Mon_The_South said:

Seemingly this decision was extremely close to the AGM that they would all go. I am hoping (crossing everything) that the new board coming in triggers some sort of clause in MB's contract for it to be null and voided...
Talking new board... have we heard of any interest?? I have heard a couple of rumours of a few local business owners putting their plans to the baord but haven't heard anything official??

Hearing rumours of an announcement today/this week... Glasgow based business man mentioned amongst others. 

2 hours ago, Mon_The_South said:

Seemingly this decision was extremely close to the AGM that they would all go. I am hoping (crossing everything) that the new board coming in triggers some sort of clause in MB's contract for it to be null and voided... however from his post game chat with Sandra, It seems to be aparrent that he's going no where which beggars belief....... In all walks of life, you should have a plan B... the board should ALWAYS have a list of potential suitors and would love to see MB sacked immediately, which new manager replacing him until the end of the summer.  New Board then comes in and their first fresh task is to then assemble a clean slate top to bottom.... 

Just like yourself, only heard a few names of people local. Probably the same people. Don’t know if I’m being extremely naive but they surely can’t do a worst job than the current BOD are doing.

1 hour ago, Mon_The_South said:

Would be great to hear some sort of news surrounding our future.  Its all doom and gloom and we need some positivity!

Unfortunately sound doesn't travel in a vacuum ...

As I already said. I want to hear that Bartley has been relieved of his duties with immediate effect (aka gardening leave) or preferably, that his contract has been terminated with immediate effect (paid off) anything that makes it clear he has been a major disaster, and not sugar coating it with "mutual consent" pish.

Ray McKinnon is the manager for the job, he's currently leading the very grateful forfar athletic on an absolutely incredible 10 game unbeaten run whilst playing some unbelievably...[insert adjective] football what's not to love am I right guys....guys? 

Up until our board collectively abandoned ship, I thought we had (just) enough about us to avoid relegation. Now we’re a rudderless vessel drifting helplessly towards the rocks, and given our collective lack of appetite for the challenge, I really can’t see us prevailing against the likes of Spartans, Dumbarton or Peterhead in a play off, if we do finish 9th. Brydon’s latest setback, after only recently coming back from injury, hasn’t helped, as he’s one of a handful of players we have that isn’t a complete waste of space, but overall, this is the most hapless collection of imposters masquerading as a football team that I’ve seen representing the club in many years. Bartley is clearly delusional and out of his depth, but he’s effectively been left with the keys to the asylum. What an utter dereliction of duty by the board to head for the lifeboats just as the iceberg looms into view. Nevertheless, the club needs cleared out from top to bottom - board, management, players. Hopefully that will happen in the summer, after our new board (whoever that is) takes charge. Sadly, it looks increasingly likely that their unenviable task of rebuilding the club from the wreckage will begin in League Two.

1 hour ago, Frankie S said:

Up until our board collectively abandoned ship, I thought we had (just) enough about us to avoid relegation. Now we’re a rudderless vessel drifting helplessly towards the rocks, and given our collective lack of appetite for the challenge, I really can’t see us prevailing against the likes of Spartans, Dumbarton or Peterhead in a play off, if we do finish 9th. Brydon’s latest setback, after only recently coming back from injury, hasn’t helped, as he’s one of a handful of players we have that isn’t a complete waste of space, but overall, this is the most hapless collection of imposters masquerading as a football team that I’ve seen representing the club in many years. Bartley is clearly delusional and out of his depth, but he’s effectively been left with the keys to the asylum. What an utter dereliction of duty by the board to head for the lifeboats just as the iceberg looms into view. Nevertheless, the club needs cleared out from top to bottom - board, management, players. Hopefully that will happen in the summer, after our new board (whoever that is) takes charge. Sadly, it looks increasingly likely that their unenviable task of rebuilding the club from the wreckage will begin in League Two.

^^^ Bang on, can't fault a word of that.

2 hours ago, ScottishLoon said:

Ray McKinnon is the manager for the job, he's currently leading the very grateful forfar athletic on an absolutely incredible 10 game unbeaten run whilst playing some unbelievably...[insert adjective] football what's not to love am I right guys....guys? 

Just ask any Morton fan what they think of him…

19 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I honestly can't see Bartley resigning at any point.  Remember - none of it is his fault.

If he was going to fall on his sword, he's had ample opportunity before now.   To be honest, I don't really blame him for that bit.  He's clutching a contract with another year on it after this season.

He needs to be sacked.

I had the fear when he said in his interview that he would drag us out of this and rebuild for next season. If we survive he will dig in. If not will run away with excuses. 

18 hours ago, Greenacres said:

Rumours are not true to get rid of Bartley we will have to sack him and pay him the remaining year of his contract he cannot lose.

The only losers are Queens on and off the pitch 

I can’t see there being a reduced compensation clause. Remember that he looked a hot ticket when appointed him so he will have struck a good deal. 

15 hours ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Neither Ferguson or Mackay should be anywhere near the starting 11... 

Get Reilly playing upfront with Mumbongo 442 system..

Couldn’t agree more. For me…

Stone

Houston Brydon Efe Kilsby

Gibson Cochrane Todd Connolly

Reilly Mumbongo