The Queen of the South thread

8 hours ago, cooshedder said:

No positionable sense can't won't jump and goes down very easy 

Murphy must be glad to be away from him 

Don’t quite get the Goss dislike, he’s scored more goals than our top scorer and he always looked a handful and physical which is what we need. I don’t live in the town so may have missed something thats created such a dislike.

8 hours ago, cooshedder said:

No positionable sense can't won't jump and goes down very easy 

Murphy must be glad to be away from him 

I'm not advocating signing Goss, far from it.  I think you're about the second person to say, or maybe it was you previously, that Murphy will be glad to get away from Goss which I find a strange comment considering Murphy was responsible for picking him so often to play in the Annan team. 

Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, Hisingdoon said:

https://www.falkirkfc.co.uk/2024/05/22/spfl-proposal-to-ban-artificial-pitches-in-the-scottish-premiership/
joint statement between us, hamilton, raith and QOTS about the plastic pitch vote

Absolutely cracking statement, can't fault a word of it - I've still to read through the full "Paper" but the statement is sound and shows up the Premership clubs for the greedy rabble of a cartel that they are.  If they do insist on the best level of grass pitches then they should help to fund it for the less entitled clubs, as other countries do.

Well done to Queens for getting involved and sticking their heads above the parapet here (along with Falkirk, Raith, Accies, Airdrie and Cove). 👍

Edited by Otis Blue

Posted (edited)

Harry Stone signs on loan at Ayr. Always was going to play at a higher level next season.

Edited by Otis Blue

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

It's yet again another farcical decision but one that likely will never effect us, sadly. 

Yeah, probably but it's another "10,000 seat stadium" fiasco v2.0 in the making ... they won't listen to the diddies but I'm pleased that Queens are (with others) showing leadership and standing up to the over entitled elite.

25 minutes ago, Otis Blue said:

Harry Stone signs on loan at Ayr. Always was going to play at a higher level next season.

Where you seen this?

8 minutes ago, QoS99 said:

Where you seen this?

I posted about Stone on the Ayr Championship forum as they were discussing potential keepers. An Ayr poster then messaged me back to say that they'd just signed him on loan.

3 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

It's yet again another farcical decision but one that likely will never effect us, sadly. 

I would like to think we might get to the premier league one day in the future 

1 hour ago, Otis Blue said:

Yeah, probably but it's another "10,000 seat stadium" fiasco v2.0 in the making ... they won't listen to the diddies but I'm pleased that Queens are (with others) showing leadership and standing up to the over entitled elite.

Agree. We need to stand firm against closed shop bullies otherwise what’s the point having a pyramid. 

3 hours ago, Otis Blue said:

Was always going to play at a higher level and the Championship is. No disrespect to Ayr but I thought Stone would have gone to a bigger club maybe even down south. He's a class act. Great signing for Ayr.

7 hours ago, bod said:

Was always going to play at a higher level and the Championship is. No disrespect to Ayr but I thought Stone would have gone to a bigger club maybe even down south. He's a class act. Great signing for Ayr.

I’ll be surprised if Ayr not competing at the top of that table next season. They seam to be doing the right things on and off the park.

12 hours ago, Otis Blue said:

10 hours ago, HighlandQueen said:

Good for him. Excellent keeper

People may laugh at me for this, but i'm going to say it anyway, but I genuinely think he could be "future Scotland Goalkeeper" potential.

Have watched him a number of times at Development Squad level and at Albion Rovers & QoS (even his 1 appearance for us) and honestly think he's the real deal. Haven't seen a better young Scottish Goalkeeper around than him (at the moment).

12 hours ago, Otis Blue said:

I posted about Stone on the Ayr Championship forum as they were discussing potential keepers. An Ayr poster then messaged me back to say that they'd just signed him on loan.

Not so sure about this rumour now - haven't seen it confirmed anywhere yet.

Absolutely sure he'll appear in the Championship next season though, far too good for League 1 again.

31 minutes ago, BB_Bino said:

People may laugh at me for this, but i'm going to say it anyway, but I genuinely think he could be "future Scotland Goalkeeper" potential.

Have watched him a number of times at Development Squad level and at Albion Rovers & QoS (even his 1 appearance for us) and honestly think he's the real deal. Haven't seen a better young Scottish Goalkeeper around than him (at the moment).

I think I only read once on this forum last season where Stone was questioned for a goal. And it wasn't even "he was at fault!" it was more a "I thought he could have done better". Given how shite we were it's pretty remarkable he never got criticised. As well as that there's always at least one poster* on here who doesn't like our goalkeeper but I haven't read anyone continually have a go at him. 

It'll be interesting to see how he gets on. I think the Championship is a decent move up and hopefully he's challenging for a start in the Premiership the season after (if not this season, of course). 

* That's not a specific poster. 

2 hours ago, BB_Bino said:

Callan McKenna.