The Queen of the South thread

Sounds as though the Stone to Ayr rumour was false.  Now looks as though he's heading to Falkirk and @Skyline Drifter thinks this might be the case too.  Makes sense given that McGlynn will have good contacts at Tynecastle from his history with the club.  Good move for both Stone and Falkirk if it happens.

1 hour ago, cooshedder said:

Benji and one other on the way 

Was told the other day Benji was signing and another had been approached. Be happy enough with Benji but not as keen on the other one, though I'll likely be in the minority. 

Just now, 19QOS19 said:

Was told the other day Benji was signing and another had been approached. Be happy enough with Benji but not as keen on the other one, though I'll likely be in the minority. 

Fancy sharing who you got told the other was?

1 minute ago, QoS99 said:

Fancy sharing who you got told the other was?

An ex-QoS player 😜 IMO it'd be a silly move for them if they have a decent job outside the game. 

4 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

An ex-QoS player 😜 IMO it'd be a silly move for them if they have a decent job outside the game. 

Smith then I’m guessing, you’ve made the odd comment suggesting you aren’t keen on him.

2 minutes ago, QoS99 said:

Smith then I’m guessing, you’ve made the odd comment suggesting you aren’t keen on him.

Tbf, Benji would be the only ex player I'd be happy to see come back. 

44 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Doesnt look like you're plastering his name all over the place then. 

15 hours ago, QoS99 said:

You’ve guessed wrong. 
It is not Smith 🤔

20 hours ago, Otis Blue said:

Sounds as though the Stone to Ayr rumour was false.  Now looks as though he's heading to Falkirk and @Skyline Drifter thinks this might be the case too.  Makes sense given that McGlynn will have good contacts at Tynecastle from his history with the club.  Good move for both Stone and Falkirk if it happens.

If he does come to Falkirk, I know you rate him but how would you describe him in terms of strengths and weaknesses? I think the two goalies we rotated this season are decent shot stoppers and young enough with time to get better, however, for me they both didn't command their 6-8 yard space well enough and a lot of the goals we lost were from crosses into that space. How is Stone in this department?

1 minute ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

If he does come to Falkirk, I know you rate him but how would you describe him in terms of strengths and weaknesses? I think the two goalies we rotated this season are decent shot stoppers and young enough with time to get better, however, for me they both didn't command their 6-8 yard space well enough and a lot of the goals we lost were from crosses into that space. How is Stone in this department?

A very good all rounder I would say.

Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Doesnt look like you're plastering his name all over the place then. 

I think I'd be getting plastered if we re-signed Goss.  And I don't even drink.  It would be that bad.

Edited by Slipmat