The Queen of the South thread

Any Queens fans remember a game at Love Street where you ran out of keepers? Someone clattered into Barnard and the ref wouldn't delay play for treatment, so on came Colin Scott. Allan Russell then booted Scott on the leg so off he went - still in the first half!

We were already 2-0 up and I relished the chance to celebrate my 21st by watching my team score double figures. However, we completely switched off and Queens dug in and played superbly before we got a third in stoppage time/

Yep, remember it well. Barnard actually had a hole in his face having been studded in the mouth. Needed serious stitching. Scott had only been half fit to begin with and sitting on the bench for emergencies. No sooner on than Russell caught him late on the leg that was already injured and back off again. Barnard might just about have been able to carry on but Scott certainly couldn't. I think Derek Allan went in goal for the rest of the game but I'd need to double check that. I'm sure he had relatively little to do.

Yep, remember it well. Barnard actually had a hole in his face having been studded in the mouth. Needed serious stitching. Scott had only been half fit to begin with and sitting on the bench for emergencies. No sooner on than Russell caught him late on the leg that was already injured and back off again. Barnard might just about have been able to carry on but Scott certainly couldn't. I think Derek Allan went in goal for the rest of the game but I'd need to double check that. I'm sure he had relatively little to do.

David Craig I think.

What would you think about giving Ross Hyslop a chance to go the bench or even play rather than rotting in the reserves for the past 4/5 years. I personally haven't seen him play (no one apart from the youth team coaches) but if he signed for Motherwell earlier in his career then maybe he has some talent to play at this level. It would be a risk given his inexperience and McKenzie's shiteness but if he could perform to a high standard it would be a very good economic decision.

He only came back to us last season after time at Motherwell/Scunthorpe/Motherwell and he then got injured, hardly "rotting in the reserves for the past 4/5 years".

He is on trial at Airdrie I believe.

Apart from that bad injury 0 games for 3 clubs in 4 years is slightly mystifying.

Edited by midtable obscurity

I was at that game, and am 99% sure that it was Brian Reid who went in goals.

Well you're 100% wrong :P

As stated, it was definately David Craig. He made an absolutely superb save to his right hand side, any goalie would have been proud of it. The ball went out for a corner and St Mirren scored from it :(. Bit of a kick in the goolies for the big man.

Edited by 19QOS19

Well you're 100% wrong :P

As stated, it was definately David Craig. He made an absolutely superb save to his right hand side, any goalie would have been proud of it. The ball went out for a corner and St Mirren scored from it :(. Bit of a kick in the goolies for the big man.

Funny you see it like that - the view of me, my dad and brother sitting behind that goal was a regular keeper would have saved it without it going for a corner.

Is it just me who is getting a feeling of quiet optimism about the coming season after all the negativity of recent months?

We have a decent manager who can work within tight budgets, and players signing now as well.

Is there any word on what is happening with wee Bob yet?

My mother's pal who knows wee Ken whos sister knows someone who works in the QOS office says that she overheard Gus say that he thought Messi was better than Ronaldo. So it looks like Messi is on his way to Palmerston.

I had heard Chris Higgins earlier this week and Mark McCusker late last week.

Thats whats on MAD as well

Derek Holmes apparently played in a closed doors game for airdrie last night. Do a job in the 2nd?

Yes. As long as he has someone up front with a bit of pace/workrate around him, who can play off him