The Queen of the South thread

I think we all know that one of the 'new' singings will be well known to us.

I think I've made it pretty clear that I know absolutely nothing... about anything really.

I take it from other posts however that you're suggesting that Willie Gibson's coming in?

If true, that would be quite exciting. I wasn't his biggest fan first time round, but he became much better after leaving and he could make a difference for us, despite the fact that his career has gone off the boil somewhat just lately.

What would others think?

I think I've made it pretty clear that I know absolutely nothing... about anything really.

I take it from other posts however that you're suggesting that Willie Gibson's coming in?

If true, that would be quite exciting. I wasn't his biggest fan first time round, but he became much better after leaving and he could make a difference for us, despite the fact that his career has gone off the boil somewhat just lately.

What would others think?

I think he would be a good addition if it was true.

What would others think?

Gibson would be a great signing.

Or was he once Cerny's No 2.

As a signing, that would underwhelm me. Nothing against Hutton, but he would not be markedly better than the 'keeper we've got and I'm pretty damned sure you're only allowed to field one goalie at a time. Robinson's position is one of the few this season in which we've not been particularly lacking at any point.

IF it is Oor wullie coming home that would be a great signing by Gus, he has learned alot played at a higher level and is much more experienced player since he left palmy. His form may have dipped slightly recently mainly due to missing home but if he takes this chance it might just re ignite his career, here's hoping.

Anyone else heard the rumour of Simmons to Annan on loan? Sounds like wishful thinking to me but the person I heard it from should be privy to the goings on in Annan.

Thank you to the manager,staff,ballboys,catering,groundstaff,pie sellers,committee,and anyone I have forgot at Annan.

Please be true.

We won't be signing anyone that we have to pay a fee for (i.e. already contracted to a club), so the transfer window is pretty irrelevant to us.

We can sign players on loan everyone else seems to sign players on loan but not us.

Most of the time you only have to pay some of the players wage.

We can sign players on loan everyone else seems to sign players on loan but not us.

Most of the time you only have to pay some of the players wage.

We have signed numerous players on loan in the past. The problem is that for every Jamie Macdonald or Robbie Neilson there are about 5 Steven Kinniburghs or Craig Sives.

The difference this season is we have plenty of our own young players knocking on the first team door, and I would much rather we blood our own youngsters than "help out" another club by giving their youths game time.

A left-midfielder is essential IMO, if our only business this season is to sign Willie Gibson I will be happy. If we can punt Simmons and/or McLaughlan and/or Campbell I would be delighted.