The Queen of the South thread

I think it's a good move. Even if we do end up going down, I don't think there is anyone I'd rather have in charge as we try to get back up. He had to totally rebuild the squad this year and we do have better players than expected. If we stay up then I think he has the conacts to build on this year and get us back towards mid-table.

Talking of programs. On the back of this year’s should the full squad not be listed? The team is picked each week from the squad and all the players have been sponsored by various businesses, groups or individuals who have paid good money and therefore I’m sure would be pleased to see their players listed.

It’s not as if we have a massive squad that wouldn’t all fit onto the back page!

Literally tripped over an old Queens prog in the loft the other day .Picked it up and started reading . It was the Palmerston Scottish Cup game from 1985 against Dundee Utd . The United squad was something else McAlpine , Narey , Milne , Sturrock , Bannon , Dodds , Kirkwood and others .This must be one of the finest - if not the best - opposition side I have seen at Palmerston. I remember Pat McCluskey had a great game for us as we went down 3-0. Anyone else have reminisces of this game ?

I remember this one too and I'm sure Milne ran us ragged. We got our picture taken with Jim McLean and Maurice Malpas after the game. They spent 10 minutes or so talking away to us before they boarded the bus back up the road. Good guys.

I think we also played them at Palmerston a season or two later and the beat us 2-1 in the Skol Cup. George Cloy brought it back to 1-1 with a penalty with 10 minutes to play but they scored at the death.

MacPherson is doing a fine job, he'll keep you in the league this season, and have you higher next season, plus you'll have a decent bit of cash from the Scottish Cup run too.

I admire your optimism but the league table shows he is doing a shit job, on current form he'll get us relegated, therefore have us lower next season and we'll piss any cash from the Scottish Cup run against the wall (from previous experience).

post-101-0-88548900-1330214403_thumb.png

In majority of cases, sitting bottom of the table means you are doing a shit job.

But that also depends on the quality of football which is on display also, if the club looks to be heading in the right direction with the current crop of players, stability through to next season could be a good thing.

In majority of cases, sitting bottom of the table means you are doing a shit job.

But that also depends on the quality of football which is on display also, if the club looks to be heading in the right direction with the current crop of players, stability through to next season could be a good thing.

Agree with what you say, the trouble is that I don't think we have a squad that could get us out of the 2nd straight away. With the exception of a few players division 2 is probably the level of our squad, but in a mid-table team!

Who do we think would do doing a better job given the current budget constraints?

As it happens I would expect us to be one of the favourites to come straight back up if we did go down. Ayr (twice),Stirling and Cowdenbeath have been promoted with with squads of a similar/poorer quality to ours. That said, I think we will stay up and I am happy to give Gus another shot.

MacPherson is doing a fine job, he'll keep you in the league this season, and have you higher next season, plus you'll have a decent bit of cash from the Scottish Cup run too.

March is a big month for Queens and Gus. What the recent mini run in the cup? Not much cash will have been made there.