The Queen of the South thread

He's only a year younger than me :lol:

Re: Milli, maybe he's just really suddenly hit amazing form and is at his peak

I was actually talking about Nizzy being a moderator mate.

Do you how sales have went at all?

No, no idea.

I say this every year, but I don't think we should include a season ticket with every entry. We should cut the price of entry a bit to reflect this - make it £350 or £300. I think this would generate more income.

When you exclude the price of the season ticket and VAT (although I'm not sure if VAT is charged on the draw entry) the cash generated from the draw in isolation isn't that much. It certainly isn't number of entrants x £400.

And if a sole trader enters the draw, it might only cost him £240 after tax relief in any case. And if he gets a season ticket thrown in, it is actually costing him next to nothing to enter.

Ok some of the season tickets might not get used by the entrant, but I bet they will find their way to somebody who will use them. Otherwise, why include them as an incentive?

I have to say, I agree. I wouldnt scrap it altogether though. I would offer a slightly cheaper non-season ticket price and a slightly more expensive entry that includes a season ticket. I have no doubt that many wouldnt enter the draw if there was no season ticket, but Im also fairly sure that those that dont need one might be more inclined to enter if the price was lower. I also wouldnt be surprised if there were those who took the cheaper draw ticket and then paid for their own season ticket, making even more money.

But thats for another year, hopefully, there have been plenty of entries and tonight goes well :)

Home top is ok, away top is rank. White and blue might've made it acceptable but the black just makes it look like an Ayr top. Also all blue home kit, is that a first?

No, we have had all blue before. The last time I think was the year D&G Constabulary won it in 98. I'm not a fan of all blue. The away kit is okay and we had a couple black and white away kits in the 80's.

Edited by qos_75

No, we have had all blue before. The last time I think was the year D&G Constabulary won it in 98. I'm not a fan of all blue. The away kit is okay and we had a couple black and white away kits in the 80's.

The D&G Constabulary one had white socks though. This one will be all blue, a colour scheme I don't recall as our regular kit at all. We did wear all blue in the Cup Final of course though.

Fantastic (no pun intended) that The Travel Club won the shirt sponsorship.They do an incredible job running buses up and down the country following the team.Well done.

Congrats to travel club and new bazaar nice advertisement for both :) just hope they keep there logos reasonable. On the strips, I quite like the all blue kit, nice...white and black is a bit random though.

Just been told from reliable source that Scott Milligan has signed for us. Sigh. Hope they are wrong but doubt it :-/

Bit strange if he's signed, would have thought AJ migh have giving him a trial or pre season first.

Not the most exciting of signings if true, but got to give him a chance imo.

I can't quote using this, so RE. FC_1919, Yes I've seen him play, super fast and has a cracking shot. Have I saw him play against a team of Div 2 standard? No. Which is my biggest concern.

RE. Puma, I'll be more than happy to tell the source they are wrong. I got no enjoyment hearing it or posting about it, I hope they are wrong. The reason I wouldn't give him a chance is because we would be relying on a 27 year old from Dalbeattie Star to score us goals. Some peoe are forgetting how poor the standard is I think. As I've said elsewhere, I know someone who follows Star and when Jack Steele was there he said he was a class above - he's got as far as Annan and IMO is better than Millie in his respective position.