The Queen of the South thread

By f**k , winning the Ramsdens Cup was so, so sweet and has got even sweeter again in the last five minutes after reading that . Talking about levels . On the evidence I seen , Thistle will be returning to their level come May. Sent from my GT-S5839i using Pie & Bovril mobile app

Ooft, aren't you hurting? :lol: I'd have thought Queens fans would be acclimatised to the feeling of losing average managers to bigger clubs after the whole Ian McCall to Thistle scenario. It appears not.

It's a tad lame to begrudge a man for leaving a club of Queens' size for a far bigger club at a far bigger level. Get real.

Most Thistle fans are ok, guess you're the spacker who is the exception to the rule!

What's your problem? Somebody from Dumfries shag your girlfriend?

I await the next time the buckets are out up Firhill way. I may not be so generous the next time!

Ooft, aren't you hurting? :lol:  I'd have thought Queens fans would be acclimatised to the feeling of losing average managers to bigger clubs after the whole Ian McCall to Thistle scenario. It appears not.

I was wondering why a Thistle fan would feel the need to comment on a Queens manager moving on . Would not feel compelled to do the same if yours moved on . For the record , we are an attractive job to whoever gets it . A good side , club and debt free. ( and yeh, you will struggle big time ).

Sent from my GT-S5839i using Pie & Bovril mobile app

Queens fans saying he should stay as it was in his best interests are deluded. Look at Colin Cameron (great example). Won the 2nd with us and his stock was extremely high. He was touted for a lot of jobs. An almost disastrous second season saved on the last day has meant that his stock is non existent. He isn't mentioned for any jobs that come up anymore. AJ might never get offered another SPL deal again, he just had to take it such is the cut neck world of football.

Chortle. So when do the deluded Queens fans attempt the inevitable reverse ferret: claiming that their players will make the difference between their last failure at this level and not the manager?

If queens had a poor season this season then he probably would of felt he'd missed a chance to manage in the SPL. He's looking after himself IMO and I won't criticise him for that. On the other hand there may be another reason for him leaving which we may not hear about. Haha I reckon we will hear about it about tomorrow about 5pm...

Most Thistle fans are ok, guess you're the spacker who is the exception to the rule!

What's your problem? Somebody from Dumfries shag your girlfriend?

I await the next time the buckets are out up Firhill way. I may not be so generous the next time!

I was wondering why a Thistle fan would feel the need to comment on a Queens manager moving on . Would not feel compelled to do the same if yours moved on . For the record , we are an attractive job to whoever gets it . A good side , club and debt free. ( and yeh, you will struggle big time ).

made_in_trollhattan_by_trolls-thumb-240x

Now move along.

Messi finally got a bite, the phrase trying too hard comes to mind.

Was he really good enough to merit these embarrassing sobs? The original point stands, to criticise Johnston for showing a 'lack of loyalty' to Queens when a bigger, better offer at a bigger, better club is on the table is stupid. Why wouldn't he take it?

Edited by messi's nightmare

Chortle. So when do the deluded Queens fans attempt the inevitable reverse ferret: claiming that their players will make the difference between their last failure at this level and not the manager? 

Talking of deluded c***s , here he is . His massive team of gates of 1500. Move on will you ?

I'm trying to stay philosophical about it. I'd accepted we'd lose him at some stage this season, and as soon as he spoke to Kilmarnock I was pretty resigned to losing him now.

He leaves us in good stead on and off the pitch, although with a record of 2 good managers in 19 years of following Queens I don't hold out much hope of us finding a replacement of equal quality.

Others will no doubt argue, but under Johnston I had us as genuine title contenders. I'll settle now for league survival.

100% glad JessieField isn't on the board, Reid would be a horrid, hopefully he joins Gus in never getting a managers job ever again.

We are always going to hear stuff like this from either the other club or journo's trying to get people to buy their paper on Twittter, hardly surprising the club losing the manager is last to comment as when they gave permission for him to speak to Killie they had their last action in the saga.

He had to go for his own sake, if he had a poor season this year he may never have got another shot at the SPL.

I am not arguing about anyone wanting to manage at a higher level. Think this is the wrong time for him . The counter argument ( and mine ) could well be that he jumps too quickly into a bigger team weighed down with problems and his reputation sinks when failing . A more stable and yes , bigger team in a years time would have been more suitable and far easier to manage. As for us , we are an attractive proposition for most and don't forget that

Edited by JrsLeftPeg70

If I was a Kilmarnock fan I wouldn't be happy that a manager of a lower level club needed so much time to think it over. Hardly a massive endorsement of the lure of Killie is it.

That said I can see the reasons for staying and going.

Stay with Queens finish 8th or above and his stock remains high-ish and he's got a comfortable job for another year at least. (It takes a lot for us to sack a manager - Gus)

Option two goes to Killie, they get bought over and he's shown the door or they bring in a Joe Kinnear in the shape of Shiels to "help" the manager. I read on another thread that Killie have the 7th biggest budget in the spl but 9th might not be enough to keep his job.

To be honest I'm resigned to him going I'm more worried about who he'll come back for as we won't be hard to deal with given the whole squad could sign per contracts in January.

Taking a whole week to decide is bordering on farce and not fair on either club.

Pre-season hasn't even started yet.

A week is actually relatively quick for a man to make a big career decision.

Assuming he goes and of course not confirmed yet then all good luck to him.
Despite their troubles Kilmarnock are a bigger club than us and playing at a higher level. It`s naïve in my view to imagine he wouldn`t go when an offer like this came along. No guarantee another offer would come further down the line. Fantastic season last year which will live long in the memory. I`d imagine the QOS job will attract a great deal of interest. Big decision lies ahead for the board. Some urgency to move quickly yet crucial to get the right man.

Edited by Distant Doonhamer