The Queen of the South thread

Any chance Doddsy might take assistant manager role?
No chance

Doddsy has his radio job which he would not leave to be assistant.

He does not take a wage from Queens so best to leave the Doddsy thing the way it is.

Jamie Fowler might be worth a go as. player coach he can be a replacement for McKenma who is going to be out for a few month,s

Does anyone know if the Terregles Street end is going to be open for away fans throughout the season?

After it got opened for Rangers' visit last season, I kind of hoped it would be open for the visits of other sides such as Falkirk and Dundee. The idea of being able to stand or sit would be quite attractive for visitors this season. I hope it's not just a possibility for the big 3.

Does anyone know if the Terregles Street end is going to be open for away fans throughout the season?

After it got opened for Rangers' visit last season, I kind of hoped it would be open for the visits of other sides such as Falkirk and Dundee. The idea of being able to stand or sit would be quite attractive for visitors this season. I hope it's not just a possibility for the big 3.

I think the intention is for it to be open for the big 3 only. Really unless the away crowd is likely to be more than 1100ish (half of the East stand) then there is no need to open the Terregles St. terrace, although I do agree it would be good to have the option of standing. The final capacity of the Terregles Street will be in the region of 1800 so realistically only Hibs, Hearts and Rangers are going to need about 2,900 away tickets.

I think the intention is for it to be open for the big 3 only. Really unless the away crowd is likely to be more than 1100ish (half of the East stand) then there is no need to open the Terregles St. terrace, although I do agree it would be good to have the option of standing. The final capacity of the Terregles Street will be in the region of 1800 so realistically only Hibs, Hearts and Rangers are going to need about 2,900 away tickets.

Yes, I'm sure you're right, but it's not just a question of need. The expense will surely all be involved right now in making it fit to accommodate the bigger crowds. I wouldn't imagine that opening it on match days would cost much more that not doing so, even for smaller guests, but I might be wrong on this.

I just think being able to offer a choice of areas for away fans would be fairly novel in our league and I also have a weird fixation with grounds properly having four sides.

I like the idea of keeping half the new stand for the home support when the big 3 come to town but I honestly can't see us selling out the main stand, Portland road end plus half the new stand (approx 5k)!!

What's the point in having large gaps on the home terrace when we could probably near sell out the games if the big 3 were allocated the whole of the new stand plus the Terregles end? (Approx 4k)

Thoughts?

I like the idea of keeping half the new stand for the home support when the big 3 come to town but I honestly can't see us selling out the main stand, Portland road end plus half the new stand (approx 5k)!!

What's the point in having large gaps on the home terrace when we could probably near sell out the games if the big 3 were allocated the whole of the new stand plus the Terregles end? (Approx 4k)

Thoughts?

I see your logic here, but are Hearts and Hibs really likely to require such large allocations?