The Queen of the South thread

I doubt if any stick they get will be based on how they performed for us it will be the method in which they apparently engineered their release. I would say the opposite to you that Kerr, who I confess not to be a great fan of anyway, deserves more stick that Baird. At least Baird seems to have left on a reasonably amicable fashion, asking for his release when he realised he was not going to be guaranteed a starting place. Plus Kerr referred to JT (allegedly) as a "non-football person". Quite agree that those dishing out the stick should be able to take it as well without chucking the toys out of the pram.

Think the chairman would be the non football person!!

Id say that more so if they are getting abuse.....Carl Finnigan was getting a fair bit of stick from our support and when he scored for Dundee, he didnt....

I cant think of any other ex player who didnt celebrate against us when scoring tho.....

A lot of our ex players get abuse after they leave, some are fairly quiet murmurs but Lee Miller and Mark Kerr got their fair share of it, of which I dunno why.....

I can understand if you've been at a club for a very long time. But if you have an indifferent spell or have played for a ridiculous number of clubs it looks stupid. Seeing as every player does it now it just makes players look like their trying to make it all about them rather than celebrate with your current teammates and current employers supporters.

There isn't too many ex players at current apart from Nicky Clark who a got a fair bit for club that he chose, most of the dross have sank like a stone. Jamie McDonald is pretty highly thought of as is Cammy Bell from his brief loan spell. These two are the first proper acrimonious split for a long time. Maybe Willie 'Lets get out of this shithole' McLaren is the last one.

Edited by Sloop John B

I doubt if any stick they get will be based on how they performed for us it will be the method in which they apparently engineered their release. I would say the opposite to you that Kerr, who I confess not to be a great fan of anyway, deserves more stick that Baird. At least Baird seems to have left on a reasonably amicable fashion, asking for his release when he realised he was not going to be guaranteed a starting place. Plus Kerr referred to JT (allegedly) as a "non-football person". Quite agree that those dishing out the stick should be able to take it as well without chucking the toys out of the pram.

How they apparently engineered their release is based on what? Apart from your own poisonous imagination? And 'heed the baw' should not be allowed anywhere near the bench or our young players!

Will Millar go straight into the starting 11 ?

I think for him to work, he needs to be given a bit space and leeway in which he got under Elvis and Holt.

Houstie is perhaps old school and is probably why it never worked under him

Millar will get a good reception on the 17th.... On reverse I somehow dont think Kerr or Baird will

Is he a grafter ?

How they apparently engineered their release is based on what? Apart from your own poisonous imagination? And 'heed the baw' should not be allowed anywhere near the bench or our young players!

Agree with all of that. I can understand why Baird was got rid of though Kerr was a totally different situation. People seem to be convinced it was engineered by him & slag him off but they are really missing the point of what happened and why. At the end of the day Fowler had to take a side & rightly or wrongly for his reasons he chose not to take Kerr's.

Agree with all of that. I can understand why Baird was got rid of though Kerr was a totally different situation. People seem to be convinced it was engineered by him & slag him off but they are really missing the point of what happened and why. At the end of the day Fowler had to take a side & rightly or wrongly for his reasons he chose not to take Kerr's.

What point are we missing?

What point are we missing?

The reason how & why it happened & the resulting departure. These things go on at training grounds & in changing rooms up & down the country all the time but they never normally end in a player having to leave the club.

The reason how & why it happened & the resulting departure. These things go on at training grounds & in changing rooms up & down the country all the time but they never normally end in a player having to leave the club.

Can we not put the subject to bed o think the manager has after listening to him live in sportsound last night.

Can we not put the subject to bed o think the manager has after listening to him live in sportsound last night.

I listened to it also & he's had no choice but to put it to bed. And just for the record I do like Fowler & think he's a good manager that will get better if allowed to do things his way.

Guest Back Post Misses

I`d imagine what will happen is that both will get stick. If either react to it in any way some of our fans will complain bitterly despite dishing out the stick in the 1st place,

I bet they are quaking in their boots

Is he a grafter ?

He isnt a headless chicken type but for me has good positional sense in which he doesnt have to be

It may take him time to up his fitness, quick glance is that he started only 9 games at Peterhead and only did a full 90mins on 4 occasions

The impact he had last season for us was unreal, 11 league games undefeated and the game we lost was against your mob, when he went off injured in the first 15 mins

I still think it will be down to how he is managed tho

He wasn't when he was with United. Barely broke into a jog and looked terribly unfit. Most peculiar. You would think that having worked so hard to get back into the top flight he'd bust a gut to stay there but he genuinely looked like he couldn't be arsed.

Very strange indeed . You would have to be on the top of your game to get a start at Dundee United and he couldn't be bothered. Yet he must have sorted himself back at Falkirk only to slip back to slumber at Peterhead.

Maybe it's the coaching, I'd imagine old school managers like Jim Mcinally and Houston weren't the best fits personality wise whilst Holt and Pressley managed to coax a player out of his head. It's a risk that perhaps has more upside than Mark Kerr but the floor is certainly a lot lower.

Maybe it's the coaching, I'd imagine old school managers like Jim Mcinally and Houston weren't the best fits personality wise whilst Holt and Pressley managed to coax a player out of his head. It's a risk that perhaps has more upside than Mark Kerr but the floor is certainly a lot lower.

If it is a risk, though, I guess its one worth taking when we've got Burns and McKenna due back from injury shortly.

If it is a risk, though, I guess its one worth taking when we've got Burns and McKenna due back from injury shortly.

Short term contract is ideal then . If it doesn't work out then it will not cost us too much but if it does, then we can talk about extending it . Regarding his signing , I can't believe the impatience shown by some Queens fans . Its a far different thing in guessing or having a tip off that a player is signing than actually having him signed and properly registered . Folk should cut the club some slack as these things take time and they certainly don't want things scuppered at the last minute after putting in the work to bring somebody in.