The Queen of the South thread

I've watched quite a few Queens games since I moved down here a few years ago. Got to say I'm really surprised by the response to Kerr's departure. He didn't play in many of the games I watched but on every occasion I saw him I was struck by how terrible he was. Slow, uninterested and lazy. You are much better off without him.

Pelosi was a controversial figure mainly because he had been involved in a leg break incident prior to signing for Queens . The guy actually sued him and won. He was another that got a lot of stick off Queens fans. Graham Robertson I seem to recall also.

Ah now, Graeme Robertson was an interesting one. He really was pretty hopeless at first and got a hard time.

One season though, he came back from the summer and was suddenly a comfortable, solid, reliable player who later went on to play in the Premier Division with Dunfermline. I'd liken it to McShane' s recent metamorphosis.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

Ah now, Graeme Robertson was an interesting one. He really was pretty hopeless at first and got a hard time.

One season though, he came back from the summer and was suddenly a comfortable, solid, reliable player who later went on to play in the Premier Division with Dunfermline. I'd liken it to McShane' s recent metamorphosis.

Do you remember how Graeme Robertson could go onto the muddiest pitch imaginable and come off ninety minutes later like something out of a persil ad ?

Do you remember how Graeme Robertson could go onto the muddiest pitch imaginable and come off ninety minutes later like something out of a persil ad ?

Yes.

White shorts and white hair gleaming.

Do you also remember him suddenly turning into a good player overnight as I described, or is my my memory playing tricks?

Yes.White shorts and white hair gleaming.Do you also remember him suddenly turning into a good player overnight as I described, or is my my memory playing tricks?

He certainly turned into a good right back. As you say, he went to play in the PL with the Pars and wouldnt have unless he was able. Have to say though, if I was thinking about the best Qos right back , I would rate Eric Paton better in that position than Graeme .-------- I am sure that Graeme was working with the Dunfermline and Livingston youths at one time but don't know of his whereabouts now. Edited by JRS LEFT PEG

He certainly turned into a good right back. As you say, he went to play in the PL with the Pars and wouldnt have unless he was able. Have to say though, if I was thinking about the best Qos right back , I would rate Eric Paton better in that position than Graeme .-------- I am sure that Graeme was working with the Dunfermline and Livingston youths at one time but don't know of his whereabouts now.

http://www.stenhousemuirfc.com/youth/development/

Rumours on facebook of holty to Hibs this window from a hibee...

Hope not, would think maybe pre contract for the summer is the more likely freedom of contract, but at least QoS would be due a large development fee for him. Same as if not more that Dun utd had to pay Gers!

I can state quite categorically that Kerr was not interested in being No.2 to Fowler so that theory about him being knocked back by the boss regarding this role is plain wrong . Kerr was only interested in playing . You will have to trust me on this one . Its 100% true.

Edited by JRS LEFT PEG

Do you also remember him suddenly turning into a good player overnight as I described, or is my my memory playing tricks?

That's how I remember him. Although given that I am even older than you my memory is maybe totally gaga? :(

Was he not nicknamed " Diesel " ?

I can state quite categorically that Kerr was not interested in being No.2 to Fowler so that theory about him being knocked back by the boss regarding this role is plain wrong . Kerr was only interested in playing . You will have to trust me on this one . Its 100% true.

Think it's time to put Kerr on the back burner well at least until the 17th!

That's how I remember him. Although given that I am even older than you my memory is maybe totally gaga? :(

Was he not nicknamed " Diesel " ?

Don't ever remember him having that nickname. Graeme Dalziel was the only football playing "Diesel" I know. (same age group as Graeme Robertson)

The only nickname I remember for Graeme Robertson was less than complimentary and a reference to female genitalia.