The Queen of the South thread

On a mildly unrelated tangent, does anyone know why The Adams Family (formerly of Victoria Park, Dingwall) were at the game on Saturday?

I'd presume - if they were looking to land another gig together - then they'd be at Palmerston looking at things from a Livi perspective rather than anything QoS-related.

Derek Adams wasn't there.

Guest Back Post Misses

I'm disappointed about losing Kerr. I'd have driven Baird up there myself, an absolute wage thief.

He was pretty decent when we lost 3-0 down at your place.

Yep. It looked petty then and still does.

Think the club have been remarkably accommodating in ripping up a 2 year contract and letting him go as soon as they have, especially as it looks likely that he'll be going to a divisional rival. I doubt the absence of a ringing endorsement will trouble him unduly. Saw him at Easter Road and he looked hopeless.

Cheers for Kerr and Baird guys.

I'll ask you at the end of the season if you're still thankful. Like others I'm disappointed Kerr is gone. When he's on form he's a great player. As for Baird, not so much. I'm not going to rant about his performances as it might come across as bitter. I don't think he'll be great for Falkirk though and in serious honesty, I'm pretty pleased it's Baird that they've signed; it could have been a far better striker and it will hopefully help our play-off push in an indirect way. Although, an on form Kerr could have the opposite effect for us!

I don't tend to boo former players or agree with it for that matter. But considering Baird's conduct in the last week or so I can't say I would blame our fans for giving the wee so n so pelters.

Only time will tell if this is a good decision or not. Largely dependent on who we get in to replace him. I was quite happy when we signed him as I thought he would offer something different to our existing attacking players, and in the main he did. He's not going to be a huge loss, certainly less so than Kerr, but it's revisionism to suggest he won't be missed at all.

We've just got to hope that the club are as swift and decisive in the signing of their replacements as they were in getting rid of these "bad eggs". We've had a fairly settled group for the last 3 seasons now so I have to commend the quick way the club have removed possible disruptive influences. Ultimately it has left us down two players though.

I could be mistaken, but I assumed the Falkirk fans linking him with them were at the wind-up? Raith is a much more likely destination where he has cult hero status.

So it appears contracts aren't worth the paper there written on. Why bother with them at all.

Not sure how you came to that conclusion, surely it's always been for years that if two parties want to exit a contract they can.

I always felt that Baird got a hard time from supporters as he didn't run about like a headless chicken. But he did have his moments and his link up play was good. However I don't think he was ever fit and looked out of shape for the entirety of his time here. Better to can him rather than having him stink out the place with a Willie McLaren-esque attitude.

Think the club have been remarkably accommodating in ripping up a 2 year contract and letting him go as soon as they have, especially as it looks likely that he'll be going to a divisional rival. I doubt the absence of a ringing endorsement will trouble him unduly. Saw him at Easter Road and he looked hopeless.

I wouldn`t have let him go so promptly but having done so IMHO it shows a lack of class not to acknowledge his efforts while at the club. I felt the same about the statement re Kerr leaving.

Edited by Distant Doonhamer

Only time will tell if this is a good decision or not. Largely dependent on who we get in to replace him. I was quite happy when we signed him as I thought he would offer something different to our existing attacking players, and in the main he did. He's not going to be a huge loss, certainly less so than Kerr, but it's revisionism to suggest he won't be missed at all.

We've just got to hope that the club are as swift and decisive in the signing of their replacements as they were in getting rid of these "bad eggs". We've had a fairly settled group for the last 3 seasons now so I have to commend the quick way the club have removed possible disruptive influences. Ultimately it has left us down two players though.

I could be mistaken, but I assumed the Falkirk fans linking him with them were at the wind-up? Raith is a much more likely destination where he has cult hero status.

Really dim to release him this week if that is the case. I`d have kept both players beyond the next 2 games TBH.