The Queen of the South thread

I thought it was said a couple of pages back although haven't looked again also talk of it at today's game.

I thought that too, when I read it, which is why I thought it would be Dierzawski.

I thought that too, when I read it, which is why I thought it would be Dierzawski.

Maybe he's pissed off that the time he has been with the Club most fans still don't know how to spell his name or in most cases don't even bother trying.

(I include myself in that)

Edited by Fae_the_'briggs

I thought it was said a couple of pages back although haven't looked again also talk of it at today's game.

A Falkirk fan said he'd heard "another" player wanted away. Its still to be confirmed whether he was referring to Baird or another player.

I will raise you Peter Sermanni.

He's a town planner down Swarley's neck of the woods now.

Really? I must meet up with him for a beer, we have history.

When I was a bit younger I was waiting outside the home dressing room at Palmerston for my programme to be signed by the players. I think it was after a midweek 5-1 demolition of Meadowbank. Anyways, one of the players was stood opposite me so I says "That was a great performance George" and he immediately snapped back "I'm no George Rowe, I'm Peter Sermanni". :oops

Really? I must meet up with him for a beer, we have history.

When I was a bit younger I was waiting outside the home dressing room at Palmerston for my programme to be signed by the players. I think it was after a midweek 5-1 demolition of Meadowbank. Anyways, one of the players was stood opposite me so I says "That was a great performance George" and he immediately snapped back "I'm no George Rowe, I'm Peter Sermanni". :oops

They could hardly be mistaken for identical twins to be fair. :rolleyes:

2/3 weeks, good chance for jim who did very well yesterday. If it is 2/3 weeks then that'd have Zander return for Cowdenbeath, I'd probably keep Jim in as he'll be back in the week after in Scottish cup. He deserves a run of games, to show what he's got.

That doesnt sound to bad! Probs be weeks rather than months he will be out then. Wonder what happened with Burnsy? This injury seems to be a major concern as it has kept him out for some time and seems to keep coming back

Burns absence yesterday was unconnected to the knee problem which has kept him out all season to date. Minor niggle picked up in training.

2/3 weeks, good chance for jim who did very well yesterday. If it is 2/3 weeks then that'd have Zander return for Cowdenbeath, I'd probably keep Jim in as he'll be back in the week after in Scottish cup. He deserves a run of games, to show what he's got.

I agree with this, he should now play at least to the cup game. If he does well then I struggle to see an argument for Zander coming back in.

I agree with this, he should now play at least to the cup game. If he does well then I struggle to see an argument for Zander coming back in.

It's unfair to draw comparisons, based on such a snapshot, but I'm doing it anyway.

Atkinson fills me with far more confidence when dealing with crosses than does Clark, and his distribution yesterday was terrific. I'm less convinced by Atkinson with the ball at his feet though.

If Atkinson gets more of a run this time, we'll be better placed to judge though.

It's unfair to draw comparisons, based on such a snapshot, but I'm doing it anyway. Atkinson fills me with far more confidence when dealing with crosses than does Clark, and his distribution yesterday was terrific. I'm less convinced by Atkinson with the ball at his feet though. If Atkinson gets more of a run this time, we'll be better placed to judge though.

Really? I would have said that was an area he was clearly better than Clark. Watching Atkinson during the warm ups it almost looks like he could play outfield.

He delivered an excellent long pass with his feet to Holt, which launched the attack from which Lyle scored.

Twice though, he was put under pressure by pass backs and struggled. One of them saw him smother the kick low, and get away with it as it fell kindly in midfield. The other one hit the onrushing attacker and could easily have rebounded back goalwards.

As I said, basing a view of someone's strengths and weaknesses on scant evidence is a bit pointless, but I thought the above were the only flaws evident from Atkinson yesterday.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

Looking forward to seeing Atkinson get a run in the team. He's been around the first team squad for a long time and deserves his chance.

Only someone who seriously had it in for Clark would try and claim he is better at crosses after a 20 minute cameo. Particularly when during that cameo the defence had a game of head tennis with the Livi attack on the 6 yard line, and Atkinson made no attempt to come off his line and claim it.

What height is he? It wouldn't surprise me if he's told to leave crosses to his defenders.

Agree about his distribution though. He seems very comfortable with the ball at his feet, as well as looking for quick throws to start counter attacks.

Only someone who seriously had it in for Clark would try and claim he is better at crosses after a 20 minute cameo. Particularly when during that cameo the defence had a game of head tennis with the Livi attack on the 6 yard line, and Atkinson made no attempt to come off his line and claim it.

What height is he? It wouldn't surprise me if he's told to leave crosses to his defenders.

Well if so, he defied orders at least a couple of times in coming to confidently claim crosses.

Clark is weak when the ball's in the air, despite his physical stature.

We've all surely seen evidence of that. Indeed even yesterday, he sclaffed a punch in the first half, putting us in trouble when it should have been comfortable.