The Queen of the South thread

If somebody wants to buy him fair enough. If not we review it in the summer.

Nobody is going to pay money for him. I can't see any positive reason for keeping a player that doesn't want to be here.

Monkman - I am not doubting you about any situation with Baird pal. His non- appearance at half time in warming up suggests there could be a problem. I take it you found out from a good source that he was wanting away ?

Yeah mate. He asked to have his contract terminated.

By the looks of it, Fowler sees Paton as a forward rather than a winger. In that case, and with Paton looking fit again, I wouldnt keep Baird - if indeed he does want to go

I think today showed that we definitely need to replace Kerr though, unless McKenna or Burns are going to be back any time soon.

With Kilties loan finished, it looks like we might need to bring a couple of players in during January. Lets hope one of them doesnt need to be a goalkeeper

Nobody is going to pay money for him. I can't see any positive reason for keeping a player that doesn't want to be here.

Yeah mate. He asked to have his contract terminated.

To rock up at Raith? Unless we were to get somebody to take his place during this window he can just warm to bench until the summer.

That said , he could just do what others have done in the past and fight for his place.

It makes for a tricky situation.

When clubs offer players contracts, there needs to be something in it for the club too. If Baird got injured, Queens would be obliged to keep paying him.

He shouldn't be able to just walk because he's fed up, without the club receiving something in return for committing to him.

The fact that he'd be likely to crop up for a direct rival means we maybe shouldn't look to be too accommodating here.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

When clubs offer players contracts, there needs to be something in it for the club too. If Baird got injured, Queens would be obliged to keep paying him.

He shouldn't be able to just walk because he's fed up, without the club receiving something in return for committing to him.

The fact that he'd be likely to crop up for a direct rival means we maybe shouldn't look to be too accommodating here.

If he was desperate to go I would say " on you go but the contract gets ripped up and we pay you not a penny more " If he agrees to that then fine . We could look elsewhere and not keep spending valuable funds on someone who is not interested in being here. Lyle is twice the player of him anyway . Pity he is reaching 'grandad stage ' in footballing terms Edited by JRS LEFT PEG

Spot on.

We were a bit too quick to fall for Kerr's trap. He really should have been sent to train with the youths for a month or two to cool his heals. Instead he rocks up to Falkirk and could end up biting our arse. Let us not make the same mistake with Baird.

Edited by qos_75

Peter Houston on the radio saying we're signing an experienced striker early next week.

2+2=?

I suppose if Falkirk made an official approach (this time) then we would be happy to sell him.

However, Houston said your striker is coming from Sweden.

I suppose if Falkirk made an official approach (this time) then we would be happy to sell him.

However, Houston said your striker is coming from Sweden.

Houston has named the 6ft 3 striker from Sweden but also said he was hoping to get another exp striker in also, maybe Jason Scotland?

Spot on.

the youths/ were a bit to quick to fall for Kerr's trap. He really should have been sent to train with the youths for a month or two to cool his heals. Instead he rocks up to Falkirk and could end up biting our arse. Let us not make the same mistake with Baird.

He's our player for the next 18 months. Send him to train and play for the youths/20s for a month. Don' let him go for nothing to one of our rivals.

He's our player for the next 18 months. Send him to train and play for the youths/20s for a month. Don' let him go for nothing to one of our rivals.

Looked as tho the rest of the players were more or less ignoring him before the game.

An experienced assistant manager would have worked away quietly in the background .Thompson has upset more than a few with his billy big time attitude .

That's both the Thomson's upsetting people & fans at Palmerston then ;)

All well and good keeping hold of him until queens get some cash, but his wages would be much better spent on a replacement thats going to give 100%. I'd guess him and Kerr were two of the highest paid players in the squad