The Queen of the South thread

Nout wrong with Heffernan. Proven scorer at all clubs he has been at (except Hibs) at a far higher level. Dobbie never succeed at Hibs and look how that turned out. Fowler will know him well from his highly succesful time at Killie. We should bite Bairds hand off if hes wanting released. Was actually gutted at the thought of him being one of our highest earners and on a 2 year contract so if he wants out then get him out. Loads of strikers out there to be looked at. Especially loans. McHugh? Rubbish for the most part but came good at the end. Kris Doolan? Would be top notch and probably not that much more costly than Baird

Nout wrong with Heffernan. Proven scorer at all clubs he has been at (except Hibs) at a far higher level. Dobbie never succeed at Hibs and look how that turned out. Fowler will know him well from his highly succesful time at Killie. We should bite Bairds hand off if hes wanting released. Was actually gutted at the thought of him being one of our highest earners and on a 2 year contract so if he wants out then get him out. Loads of strikers out there to be looked at. Especially loans. McHugh? Rubbish for the most part but came good at the end. Kris Doolan? Would be top notch and probably not that much more costly than Baird

The Kris Doolan that has made 20 appearances for Partick Thistle in the first half of the season, and looks to be firmly in their plans? Have a word with yourself.

I would seriously struggle to pick which of those is the worst. None would be anywhere near the level of Baird and none would be available.

Heffernan proven goalscorer at a higher level than we play at and Fowler will know him from his Killie days.

Heffernan proven goalscorer at a higher level than we play at and Fowler will know him from his Killie days.

Heffernan has averaged a goal every 3 or 4 games throughout his career, which is really nothing to get excited about. No thanks on that one, would rather take a young unproven premiership striker on loan.

Guest TOPFITTER

Queens if they have to need only look at Stranraer FC for a couple of strikers who could do a job, Jamie Longworth and Craig Malcolm. Would they leave a League 1 promotion push for a Championship one ???? An ex-Queens player there too who is pulling the creative strings ;)

Queens if they have to need only look at Stranraer FC for a couple of strikers who could do a job, Jamie Longworth and Craig Malcolm. Would they leave a League 1 promotion push for a Championship one ???? An ex-Queens player there too who is pulling the creative strings ;)

3 good names but noticed the ex player HASNT featured the last few matches?

Christ the rest of the championship promotion chasers will be quaking in their boots.

We`ve already got 3 strikers better than that with Reilly, Lyle and Russell so thanks but no thanks.

Still waiting for someone to come up with a credible replacement for Baird.

Edited by Distant Doonhamer

Baird's departure on an individual level wouldn't trouble me too much. I was delighted when we signed him, but he's disappointed. If he really is a relatively high earner, then it gets yet easier to accept. I envisaged him as a starting player alongside Reilly, allowing Lyle cameos from the bench. The reality is though that he's not justified even the number of starts he's had.

The concern though is that unlike Kerr, he really will need to be directly replaced as we've fewer attacking options than midfield ones as injured players return. There are some youngsters and of course there's Russell, but I'm guessing that some incoming transfer activity must surely be earmarked.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

Ok, so he wants wants a transfer. That's fair enough, he still has year and a half left.

So how much do we want for him? At least the rest of his contract and perhaps 10% on top of that too.

If somebody comes up with that so be it, if not get your head down Bairdy, leave the sausage rolls alone and take your chance when it comes.

Ok, so he wants wants a transfer. That's fair enough, he still has year and a half left.

So how much do we want for him? At least the rest of his contract and perhaps 10% on top of that too.

If somebody comes up with that so be it, if not get your head down Bairdy, leave the sausage rolls alone and take your chance when it comes.

This

Guest TOPFITTER

Thanks for the selective quote.... helpful.

Do you think any of them are better than Reilly, Lyle or Russell., or Baird for that matter.

The thread was talking about potentially Baird leaving,,,I was suggesting potential options, what's got you lit up ???

The Kris Doolan that has made 20 appearances for Partick Thistle in the first half of the season, and looks to be firmly in their plans? Have a word with yourself.

Aye but half of them have been off the bench and he has only scored 1 premier goal this season and not started since nov 23. Plenty of players have dropped down a league in search of becoming a regular starter. Have a word with yourself!

The thread was talking about potentially Baird leaving,,,I was suggesting potential options, what's got you lit up ???

I`m not lit up. Just thought responding in a similar manner to yourself would aid what seems to be a healthy debate.

I would assume we would want to improve our squad if we have to replace Baird. I don`t think your suggestions would do so. Just trying to continue that debate.

No offence intended, apologies if it appeared otherwise.

Aye but half of them have been off the bench and he has only scored 1 premier goal this season and not started since nov 23. Plenty of players have dropped down a league in search of becoming a regular starter. Have a word with yourself!

A very fair point. Doolan would be an excellent addition.