The Queen of the South thread

He did preseason with St johnstone who decided not too offer him anything, so he took a short term deal with Peterhead. He becomes a free agent on Wednesday so the timing all fits.

I see. Hopefully everything works out then.

Millar was one of the best players I saw at Palmerston last season. The time Falkirk visited without him (abandoned due to wind) compared to when he returned to the team was night and day in difference of quality. He completely pulled the strings for them. I was checking up on him earlier in the season as I wondered why he wasn't at Falkirk. The reviews the Peterhead fans gave of him were nothing short of abysmal. If we do sign him I hope he can be as good as he was at Falkirk. Maybe he hasn't been as good for Peterhead due to the drop in quality around him. Would generally be happy if he were to sign.

Millar if true would be a decent signing, also they way Im listening to the gaffer on transfers sound like kev might be off on loan aswell, but he doesn't sound to confident about keeping the players here.

Hopefully I'm picking this up wrong.

Millar would be a fantastic signing for Queen of the South. Shooting, tackling, passing, great set pieces, he really is everything you would want a box to box midfielder to be.

Had we had him from the off last season, I am absolutely certain we would have won the league.

However, the fact he was punted from Dundee United for being lazy/overweight and wasn't fancied by any Premiership sides in the summer (despite trials/training with Hamilton and St Johnstone) and has made just 1 appearance for Peterhead, probably tells you where his problems lie.

I would hope he's been rusting away up there but he absolutely cruised it after being out in the cold at DU when he came back to us.

I'd be more than happy with Millar as a replacement for Kerr. We've heard it all before from other fans about player x being hopeless and they've been a success for us. Partick fans were tripping over themselves to tell us how hopeless Derek Young was, and I think it was the same fans who were telling us that Kerr was done.

Obviously every signing comes with an element of risk, but in the case of Millar it would be one very much worth taking in my opinion.

I'd be more than happy with Millar as a replacement for Kerr. We've heard it all before from other fans about player x being hopeless and they've been a success for us. Partick fans were tripping over themselves to tell us how hopeless Derek Young was, and I think it was the same fans who were telling us that Kerr was done.

Obviously every signing comes with an element of risk, but in the case of Millar it would be one very much worth taking in my opinion.

As you say , don't take everyone else's word for it , nevertheless, some interesting reading on the Mark Millar thread on League 1 chatter. Edit to add that I would like all our new signings to be as' hopeless' as Derek Young was . Edited by JRS LEFT PEG

Millar would be a fantastic signing for Queen of the South. Shooting, tackling, passing, great set pieces, he really is everything you would want a box to box midfielder to be.

Had we had him from the off last season, I am absolutely certain we would have won the league.

However, the fact he was punted from Dundee United for being lazy/overweight and wasn't fancied by any Premiership sides in the summer (despite trials/training with Hamilton and St Johnstone) and has made just 1 appearance for Peterhead, probably tells you where his problems lie.

I would hope he's been rusting away up there but he absolutely cruised it after being out in the cold at DU when he came back to us.

He's made 11 appearances for Peterhead but they seem to be saying he's only turned up once. Hopefully a spell as a part timer will have served as a kick up the backside.

I have to agree that if it is Millar then you are in luck. Strange things seem to happen over the summer. Our board offered him a deal which was still on offer while we were without a manager. He trained at a few clubs and I think we were still set to sign him when those stints proved unsuccessful. However, I think he dicked Houstie about so the offer was withdrawn.

It was Houstie that signed him for Dundee Utd so he is a fan. However, Millar just doesn't train and came back over the summer overweight. If your management are happy for him to do the business on a Saturday and cut him slack during the week you'll have a cracking player on your books.

On a mildly unrelated tangent, does anyone know why The Adams Family (formerly of Victoria Park, Dingwall) were at the game on Saturday?

I'd presume - if they were looking to land another gig together - then they'd be at Palmerston looking at things from a Livi perspective rather than anything QoS-related.

As you say , don't take everyone else's word for it , nevertheless, some interesting reading on the Mark Millar thread on League 1 chatter. Edit to add that I would like all our new signings to be as' hopeless' as Derek Young was .

So Im guessing Mark Millar is the player you have been told ;) Based on last season would be a very good signing. Remember a game when he was on for about 20 mins and Falkirk were totally bossing midfield and then he got injured and they totally lost their shape. This showed how important he was to them. Lets hope he is not a wreck now after what Peterhead fans consider to be a disastrous spell in an inferior league. He might take weeks to get up to speed but there is definitely a player in there. R.e signing Jason Scotland if Baird leaves. Tbh he has never once impressed me at Palmerston, but having seen him on tv and the great passing style Fowler is playing he should fit into our system well