The Queen of the South thread

The place is fair enough it's just some of the Neanderthals that frequent it that are the problem, along with the stewards and polis that do the square route of hee haw when fluids etc are throw at the away support.

I know that people had different experiences, but I'd say that when we visited in September, the stewards I encountered were actually among the most helpful and polite I've met.

The circumstances tomorrow might place an extra onus on them, but it's a pretty thankless task.

Guest Flash

Agree with this comment - cant believe that after so many modest years and run of the mill fixtures we get a match that is almost of a similar stature to a Cup Final and we struggle to sell our allocation of 950.

Must admit thought that there would be a scramble for a coveted place but obviously not.

For us to play in front of c.50k is some occasion but not everybody sees it that way.

Strange but true!!!!

It isn't really almost of similar stature to a cup final because if we win there are still another 4 games to play before any prize.

We could also win the game over 90 minutes and lose the tie which wouldn't happen in a cup final.

I'm trying to think if we have lost the first leg of a cup tie and then gone through. There haven't been many ties played over 2 games recently apart from Falkirk where we won the first game and went out and Nordsjaelland where we lost both legs. Would probably have to go back to when League Cup ties were over 2 legs, but I can't think of one where we lost the first leg and still won overall.

I can think of many Cup Finals which have singularly failed to attract a crowd anywhere near the 50k figure.

Times have certainly changed - it wasnt that long ago that we took around 2500 fans to Fir Park for a cup tie against Moherwell on a horrible cold day with snow nearly causing an abandonment.

Yes we are one goal down and normally trying to reverse a deficit against Rangers at Ibrox would be mission impossible but this is a Rangers team that is little better than we are. Hopefully the team aren't as defeatist as some of the supporters.

Guest Flash

Were there not 4,000 Queens fans at the Diddy Cup Final in Livingston 2 seasons ago? This would be a much bigger game at a closer venue so, yes, I think we would easily take more than 2,500.

Were there not 4,000 Queens fans at the Diddy Cup Final in Livingston 2 seasons ago? This would be a much bigger game at a closer venue so, yes, I think we would easily take more than 2,500.

According to the official attendance last weekend at home to rangers we managed a massive 2300 give or take maybe a hundred.

Guest Flash

According to the official attendance last weekend at home to rangers we managed a massive 2300 give or take maybe a hundred.

Yes, interesting one that.

There looked about equal numbers of Queens and Rangers fans in the East Stand. Rangers didn't have any fans in the old stand. So Rangers had 600 more fans on the terracing than Queens had in the old stand and terracing combined. As I say, interesting. It is possible that some Rangers fans with tickets didn't show up.

Anyway, it was a quarter final fisrt leg. How many home fans were there against Dundee in the cup quarter final? About 4,000? And how many were at the final? About 15,000?

If we play Motherwell, it will be in the play-off final. There will be far more people at that than attended the quarter final.

Unlucky Queens. From a selfish point of view I'm glad as it means two "home" games for me and I'm hopeful of not having to face those Sevco p***ks next season, however would have been great to see you go up.

Edited by Stu

wonder if Hibs ( or was it Dundee) will be so keen on Reilly now after the last 2 games? Def could do with another season in the championship for his development. Smith looks like a worthy successor if he does go.