The Queen of the South thread

I don't think even Ian Black likes himself very much. He's basically spent three years away from football, but there are plenty of dicks in football who are able to get a look in especially after leaving an Old Firm team and being so high profile.

I suspect that like previous Edinburgh based players who got a big move (Riordan, O'Connor) and fell off the face of the earth. That there are probably other issues at work if nobody is touching him with a barge pole

Edited by Sloop John B

I suspect that like previous Edinburgh based players who got a big move (Riordan, O'Connor) and fell off the face of the earth. That there are probably other issues at work if nobody is touching him with a barge pole

The difference between them pair and Black, is that they had talent in abundance. Riordan especially, is the epitome of what could have been. Immense footballer, plagued with the common sense of a coconut. As a result, his career went into a downward spiral, and nobody will ever know how good he could have been.

The difference between them pair and Black, is that they had talent in abundance. Riordan especially, is the epitome of what could have been. Immense footballer, plagued with the common sense of a coconut. As a result, his career went into a downward spiral, and nobody will ever know how good he could have been.

Black is light years from them but he should be about a lower end Scottish Premiership player if he hadn't joined Rangers seeing as he's only 30. He is by no stretch of the imagination gifted but he was effective at what he did. Giving a limited player and moron like him the money that Rangers did was only going to end horrifically.

Falkirk rumoured to be signing a striker on loan from chelsea today, surely we can get a good young striker on loan to strengthen our forward line.

Apparently Queens are signing a striker on loan from Man Utd.

There you go now we're even with Falkirk! :P

I actually thought he did ok. Clearly, he was a pretty dreadful person, but in his appearances for us, I didn't really get why he came to be regarded as hopeless.

He did ok. His best game was probably his first one. He was a wee bit unlucky in that Chisholm brought him in and quite liked him but Brannigan didn't rate him at all. When Chisholm left Knight never even got as far as the bench for the rest of the season. His Queens career was effectively finished by Chisholm's decision to go to Dundee. However, his track record is such that he'd most likely have caused some sort of problem sooner or later if he'd stayed longer.

He did ok. His best game was probably his first one. He was a wee bit unlucky in that Chisholm brought him in and quite liked him but Brannigan didn't rate him at all. When Chisholm left Knight never even got as far as the bench for the rest of the season. His Queens career was effectively finished by Chisholm's decision to go to Dundee. However, his track record is such that he'd most likely have caused some sort of problem sooner or later if he'd stayed longer.

Knight and Mark Kerr in dressing room could have been tasty

Yeah Knight wasn't the worst we've had, nor was he a world beater. I was really using him to highlight the fact that just because someone has played for a big club doesn't automatically make them a great player.

We already have plenty of young strikers on the books so I'm not particularly desperate for us to sign another on loan just so we can participate in a willy-waving exercise with Falkirk.

I hope we sign Ian Black. I look forward to watching his partnership with Dowie flourish.

Aye they would be certainly able to stamp their authority on this league!

Edited by Hawk

Lewis Guy no longer on trial been signed up elsewhere.

thank God for that . Another non scoring forward moves on. Hugely difficult position for a team like ourselves to improve on but a quick look at Guy's and Gross's playing stats -goals gives you a very good indication of what you will get and it wasn't much. Time for a Gavin Reilly style elevation for Aidan Smith would be nice . Edited by JRS LEFT PEG

Lewis Guy reminded me of Stewart Kean. Horrendous first touch, always offside, scores sod all goals (aside from at the start of his time with us).

EDIT: He was a player ahead of his time though - he told Tommy Craig to f**k off about 18 months before the rest of us.

Loved that player ahead of his time quote.

thank God for that . Another non scoring forward moves on. Hugely difficult position for a team like ourselves to improve on but a quick look at Guy's and Gross's playing stats -goals gives you a very good indication of what you will get and it wasn't much. Time for a Gavin Reilly style elevation for Aidan Smith would be nice .

Without putting undue pressure on a lad who is only 18, I think he has the potential to be as good, if not better, than Reilly. From the little I have seen of him he seems to have a very similar style to Reilly, with an additional mean-streak that I think you need to have to succeed as a striker.

I'd much prefer to see him given game time than some journeyman, or a young loan player of similar experience whose development is only going to benefit another club.

Falkirk rumoured to be signing a striker on loan from chelsea today, surely we can get a good young striker on loan to strengthen our forward line.

The Falkirk fan behind this rumour now admits that he made it up to amuse himself when bored.