The Queen of the South thread

Yep an absolute disaster for the club. Not sure how they'll recover from this. Sack the Board.

Oh wait now there is a report. Congratulations, this is wonderful. Well done to everyone. The Board are fantastic.

Am I doing this right?

Spot on, great performance swarley better than what the south offered up on Saturday.

Credit to every single one of the supporters groups who stuck to their guns and refused to pay the ridiculous £50 fee . The idea to change the format to a "ball" just didn't and won't ever work .

I wonder how many of the 'almost 300 people' who attended were actually Queens fans ? ;) From what I've heard , not very many

Works pretty well at most clubs doesn't it?

Hall of Fame nights:

2011 ticket price £27 (£25 if a queens trust member)

2013 ticket price £30

2015 ticket price £50

Thats quite a jump in price. Following and supporting Queens all year round is an expensive business.

Maybe a discount to reward the loyalty of season ticket holders might have been a good idea.

Hall of Fame nights:

2011 ticket price £27 (£25 if a queens trust member)

2013 ticket price £30

2015 ticket price £50

Thats quite a jump in price. Following and supporting Queens all year round is an expensive business.

Maybe a discount to reward the loyalty of season ticket holders might have been a good idea.

What was the difference in the previous nights out of interest?

Fireworks , Irish Dancers & a couple of prawn sandwiches ;)

Maybe some are missing my point here . When the supporters turn their back on events like these it's a worrying sign . Even the most loyal fans the Doonhamer Travel Club didn't book their usual tables because of the price and format . It was a great opportunity for fans to meet Queens heroes past and present but they were priced out of it.

Bring back the Cairndale and Des McKeown

Fireworks , Irish Dancers & a couple of prawn sandwiches ;)

Maybe some are missing my point here . When the supporters turn their back on events like these it's a worrying sign . Even the most loyal fans the Doonhamer Travel Club didn't book their usual tables because of the price and format . It was a great opportunity for fans to meet Queens heroes past and present but they were priced out of it.

Bring back the Cairndale and Des McKeown

Believe it or not, some Queens fans aren't members of the trust or the travel club.

Did previous years include a three course meal and a drink? Maybe they did but that wasn't my thinking.

Some fans who had attended previous years maybe didn't fancy the format/price this year fair do's. It was well attended though & those who went seem to have enjoyed it, success imo.

Interesting that the people moaning on the message boards are the same people that moaned about the status quo gig. It's as if they've got a personal problem with someone that's organising certain events. ;-)

The first one was sponsored and subsidised by the Trust. Second one may have been sponsored too, cant recall now, People's Project maybe?

Cost of the raffle was incorporated in the price this year instead of being done on the night. Everyone had their raffle tickets already in an envelope at their place though granted this removed the option of just not taking part in it.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

The first one was sponsored and subsidised by the Trust. Second one may have been sponsored too, cant recall now, People's Project maybe?

Cost of the raffle was incorporated in the price this year instead of being done on the night. Everyone had their raffle tickets already in an envelope at their place though granted this removed the option of just not taking part in it.

I think it was priced fairly going by what was included. I was away on business or I would most certainly have been there. I would have thought that some fans would have put money aside each week to be able to attend this? I just hope that the likes of Jim and Ross were in attendance as I couldn't imagine anything Queens happening without them being there.

Sounds fair enough IMO. For a meal, raffle and an evening with Derek Lyle at a decent venue. I wouldn't mind paying that if I was a functioning adult.

I think it's good for the players that they get a memorable evening and get them and their families dressed up. It also looks more impressive to outsiders that we are able to host events and make a success of it.

Edited by Sloop John B

A rallying message from the manager on the official site. I for one am still behind him to lead the team however a response is required. Actions on the pitch speak far louder than words

Good message from the manager though as you suggest what happens on the pitch is what matters.

http://www.qosfc.com/news-2995

Although 3 points are essential surely the performance of the players must equally rise to the occasion. I up the road next week for the Dumbarton game and I hoping these two games is where we pick up the points we play well and start fixing our leaky defence. I think flash brought up statistic on goals conceded and scored and when and both made worrying reading. It can't continue and hopefully the fightback starts on Saturday

Prior to the games V rangers and Livingston Mr. Fowler was naturally interviewed by the Press for his thoughts on the respective games. In both cases, certainly in the papers I read, he spent more time "bigging up" the opposition, barely mentioning his own team or putting any positive slant on what he expected from the games. Obviously rangers are by far the best team this season, their start to the campaign bears that out, and the papers are not slow to point this out at every opportunity, so I don't need to hear our manager telling us what we already know. I want to hear him trying to at least sound like he is taking a positive approach to the game. It was similar prior to the Livingston game, he was coming out with the old cliches about them, "bottom of the table but false position", "good players who can hurt us if we don't approach the game right" blah blah blah, with hardly a mention of his own team. Of course he has to be diplomatic but first and foremost he should be trying come across as positive in his approach to the games, talk about what he wants his own team to do, and hopefully encourage more supporters to come along. If the Manager comes across as a bit negative in the build up to games, as he sometimes sounds to me at least, it's no surprise that it seeps down to the players and ultimately the fans..

Heard Good interview by stig from Alive radio tonight, Fowler saying tapping out 2/3 month, Hilson out again 2 month fracture on foot, Dowie 4/5 week away, Brownlie might make it, Kyle Jacobs suspended for sat, Millar, kidd should be back, also mentioned on the look for a defender to come in but he has to suit the team.

He is demanding a performance on sat from his players.

Edited by SUPERSOUTH