The Queen of the South thread

Heard today that the directors will be meeting on Monday to discuss 'the way ahead'.

I would have hoped that the directors held regular meetings regarding everything about the club including 'the way ahead'.

The way ahead should be to sign some underachieving, overpaid mercenaries with absolutely no attachment to, feeling for, or even respect for the club or its history.

Hang on....

Nice though it would be, I'm afraid dyed-in-the-wool Queens fans who are also good footballers are hard to come by.

The way ahead should be to sign some underachieving, overpaid mercenaries with absolutely no attachment to, feeling for, or even respect for the club or its history.

Hang on....

Flash, I often enjoy - and indeed share - much of your, dare I say it, cynical outlook.

I just don't see what you're getting at here though. Our current squad has a little more local representation than previous, better ones. Obviously the idea of anyone being overpaid is subjective, but it's fair to say that the current crop are at least more poorly paid than their immediate predecessors.

In losing Burns in the summer, it's true that a last long-standing element disappeared, but again this is symptomatic of modern football at this level where short term contracts mean players take the best deal they can for as long as it lasts. I think it's harsh to call them mercenaries on this basis and I don't see how we'd house more of them than our rivals.

I suppose it might come back to the idea of a lack of effort, but I honestly don't really understand the 'no repect for the club's history' stuff. Is it an attack of sorts on what someone allegedly said at the 'Hall of Fame' night or something else - genuine enquiry.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

Monkey Tennis , you seem like a good , decent Queens. Please tell me why you would enjoy someones cynical outlook.

Well we all think we're realists, but I recognise that on the spectrum, I'm more of a 'glass half empty' type guy where Queens are concerned. That's what I mean by cynicism here.

Cynicism has a place, and I find myself more in sympathy with this outlook than that which might be characterised as 'Happy Clappy'.

Guest TOPFITTER

Ok, fair enough, thats your call

JRS, the fact this thread has dropped off the front page suggests that the apathy, that numbers at Palmerston suggest are being replicated in posts on "The South" on P&B.

I agree that there is a lot of apathy around but this site bucks the trend mate .Maybe a bit top heavy with the ' glass half empty ' brigade compared to the ' glass half full' but very interesting all the same. Plenty of Queens talk/ debate on the forthcoming and post match threads.

I have noticed that MR GOO TV is no longer posting videos on youtube, i hope he is ok.

He has been stopped by SFL policy on unofficial coverage of the games, which is a shame as he nearly always had his highlights on late in the evening of the game and his footage gave a good 'fans eye view' of the games. See the mad site for more details.

He has been stopped by SFL policy on unofficial coverage of the games, which is a shame as he nearly always had his highlights on late in the evening of the game and his footage gave a good 'fans eye view' of the games. See the mad site for more details.

Crap!

It's one of the only ways i had of following the team.

Last night Craig Dargo played for Partick in a Res game against us.He will score goals at our level surely we should be looking out for players like Dargo.

I think Gus is happy with the squad he must be when the likes of Dargo is there to sign.

We need goals Dargo will score them surely even Gus can see that.

As for the money think the trust or one of the board will pay his wages till the new year just like McMenamin last season

The way i see is we do not score goals why not give Dargo a try he has to be better than we have just now BUT as always with Queens looks like we are to late seems that Partick are going to sign him to the new year.