The Queen of the South thread

As long as we avoid Dundee Utd, Dunfermline or Hibs first up.

Dundee Utd away would be good, mind you I will be on holiday and miss it, so on that basis Morton at home.

Really bizarre signing. I can only assume Skelton doesn't rate Thomson or Atkinson as Robinson surely isn't coming to be a back-up.

If I had to guess I imagine he doesn't rate Thomson. You have to imagine either Atkinson or Thomson will be gone soon? 3 'keepers at a club our size isn't required.

We've had 4 keepers the last 2 years :lol:

We won't get him with our budget. This is going to be a "nightmare on Terregles Street" season going on the players we have so far.

Still another 3/4 signings at the minimum required. Will judge afterwards. Hoping for some positive football and maybe a cup run this season.

We won't get him with our budget. This is going to be a "nightmare on Terregles Street" season going on the players we have so far.

Come on don't think the signings so far have been that bad add another 2 or 3 when loans become available and we will have a good squad, we are Never going to compete with the likes of Hibs, Dundee United, St Mirren or many other clubs in the league financially so the manager has to get the best in he can with money available and I think he has done pretty well so far.

I can only assume the opportunity to sign Robinson became available to us, rather than him being someone we actively chased.  He's an improvement on Thomson, but not by a huge amount.

Ideally Atkinson would be loaned out to get much needed game time and Thomson would stay as deputy to Robinson.  That would mean three goalies on the books though.  I'd imagine what is more likely is Thomson will be released and Atkinson will continue bench-warming duties.

Hopefully our League Cup match with Thistle goes to penalties.

If you are going to play United it's probably better when they haven't yet gelled, they can easily be another St Mirren and struggle this season looking at the level of turnover in their squad and the competitive season starting earlier than usual.

Edited by Sloop John B