The Queen of the South thread

2 minutes ago, Doonhamer doon south said:

Match thread I think said 1100 away tickets sold and there still time so yes and could be quite a big crowd

Over 1200 sold now and yes obviously the away terrace will be open. It has been for all the weekend Hibs games in the last three seasons.

I have heard various "rumours" around town about Dobbies wages, from him coming back and picking up minimal wages for his love of the club to the Peter Houston 2k quote to his wage whatever it may me being paid by "supporters" and not the club. I really don't care less what or who pays his wages, I think the board should be congratulated for pulling it off whatever and am pretty sure they won't have put the future of the club financially at stake !!!

I have heard various "rumours" around town about Dobbies wages, from him coming back and picking up minimal wages for his love of the club to the Peter Houston 2k quote to his wage whatever it may me being paid by "supporters" and not the club. I really don't care less what or who pays his wages, I think the board should be congratulated for pulling it off whatever and am pretty sure they won't have put the future of the club financially at stake !!!

Are the directors not financing Dobbie's deal? Well, that's what I was led to believe...

If you don't win promotion, he's not worth that.

If he picks up a season ending injury at the weekend.. Then you're paying a player £2K a week whilst getting nothing from him in return..

Yep...worth it.

^^^ Hasn't watched Dobbie on a regular basis type post.

Hoping for a crowd of 3500 plus tommorrow. Go back 10 -12 years ago and this game would possibly be hitting the 4k mark and thats before you include a sizeable away support. Hopefully Dumfries gets out and supports the team tommorrow. Pretty depressing if they dont.

Wonder if he travels up with the gaffer as sure I heard on Bt sports he lives in Appleby. 

I was wondering the same thing. Dobbie may travel from Lytham St Annes to Appleby, then up with Skelton. I've been told that he leaves home at 5:45 am.

Just now, RUSTY1111 said:

I was wondering the same thing. Dobbie may travel from Lytham St Annes to Appleby, then up with Skelton. I've been told that he leaves home at 5:45 am.

Dobbie does not travel with Skelton. As he said in an interview during Tuesday's coverage, Gavin travels up to meet Ross Goodwin somewhere on the M74 near Annan and they travel together from then. Dobbie stays up in Glasgow with his parents for part of the week.

Dobbie does not travel with Skelton. As he said in an interview during Tuesday's coverage, Gavin travels up to meet Ross Goodwin somewhere on the M74 near Annan and they travel together from then. Dobbie stays up in Glasgow with his parents for part of the week.

That sounds better. Didn't expect him to travel daily for the four days of training (with Wednesdays off) from Lytham St Annes to Cumbernauld and back.

26 minutes ago, SuperTon said:

Andy Murdoch adjust signed for us. How was he last season?

26 minutes ago, SuperTon said:

Didn't play much Fowler brought him in but didn't give him much game time, looks a tidy player tho.

2 hours ago, SuperTon said:

Certainly wouldn't have been disappointed had he returned, he played a fair bit of his game time at right back. Also scored the winner v hibs with a lovely strike.