The Queen of the South thread

1 hour ago, blackjack said:

Well I think Rigg did well when he came on against Raith, I would give Lyle a couple of games rest, and Dykes is too good a young player to use as a a sub.

I would have Dykes in for Hilson but i read it like you wanted to play Dykes upfront. 

Dobbie must start every game  when fit and needed. 

Exactly what we don't need right now is any knee jerk reactions! I think Lyle and Dobbie have been playing so well that they deserved to both start against Rangers. Was Dykes not injured anyway hence why he hasn't started last two? And all 3 would be too attack minded surely.

I think we just need to put it behind us and bear in mind that Rangers really wanted the victory. They probably see it as their best chance for silverware and fair play to them as they were very good. Queens at their best would still have lost. Actually it was really nice sitting at 5-0 down thinking "don't really care that much about this game."

Of course it would have been wonderful to get a result but Saturday is far bigger for me, and I said so before Tuesday night.

Exactly what we don't need right now is any knee jerk reactions! I think Lyle and Dobbie have been playing so well that they deserved to both start against Rangers. Was Dykes not injured anyway hence why he hasn't started last two? And all 3 would be too attack minded surely.

I think we just need to put it behind us and bear in mind that Rangers really wanted the victory. They probably see it as their best chance for silverware and fair play to them as they were very good. Queens at their best would still have lost. Actually it was really nice sitting at 5-0 down thinking "don't really care that much about this game."

Of course it would have been wonderful to get a result but Saturday is far bigger for me, and I said so before Tuesday night.

Dykes had been injured since the Dunfermline match and only returned as a sub last weekend in the Raith game.

3 hours ago, BIGdavieT said:

Some merit in that as they have done brilliantly recently but IMHO a lack of pace up front really hurt us on Tuesday. It would have been a tough call but as one or 2 others have also said it might have been better to go with Hilson or Dykes up top rather than Lyle. Lack of pace up front for us made it very easy for Rangers to press high up the pitch which was one of the reasons we struggled in my view. Suspect we`d have lost in any case though as I thought Rangers did play well.

I don't think anyone wants mass changes here. I think it's to be expected one or two changes. Dobbie if fit would play he not only best player in the squad but probably the league.

Tan man although very fit will be playing 3 games in 7 days. We also have to consider the opposition.

No one has said we need to make lots of changes. Everyone has an opinion and are airing their views on here. For me I would like to see dobbie and rigg and bring Lyle on as a sub against hibs

Versus Hibs? ...

Robinson

Higgins  Dowie Brownlie

Hamill                                             Marshall

Anderson  Jacobs   Millar    Dykes

Rigg

It Would give Higgins and Rigg a chance to play, keep things tight, and on the counter attack with pace plus opportunity to bring on Lyle and Dobbie for second half : )

Versus Hibs? ...

Robinson

Higgins  Dowie Brownlie

Hamill                                             Marshall

Anderson  Jacobs   Millar    Dykes

Rigg

It Would give Higgins and Rigg a chance to play, keep things tight, and on the counter attack with pace plus opportunity to bring on Lyle and Dobbie for second half : )

Dobbie on bench? Behave.

12 minutes ago, QosLoyal said:

Dobbie on bench? Behave.

Dobbie is God. I hear you : )  but after Tuesday's exertions maybe a bit tired. 1st halves tend to be one of caution and containment. Dobbie and Lyle would be fresh to bring on second half when the game becomes stretched and opportunities are more likely.

On 03/08/2016 at 21:38, Skyline Drifter said:

Incidentally, Dobs needs 9 more goals for Queens to reach our top 20 of goalscorers. He currently has 55.

On 03/08/2016 at 21:48, Swarley said:

So by September he'll be in the Top 20.

Came across this on looking back through the thread. He was there by September 17th. Good shout Swarley. :thumsup2