The Queen of the South thread

1 minute ago, palmy_cammy said:

Maybe today, but both have the capability to he a WUM when they want to. Hamill has slotted nicely into the "hated by all opposition fans" role left by Iain Russell.

Incidentally I see Beanie picked up his second red card of the season today.

I was thinking more about the scenes after May's Cup Final.

With Hamil, he's obviously an ex-Hearts player which had an impact today.  He's also reasonably well known and entirely whole hearted.  

I didn't realise Russell was already sitting on a couple of red cards.  That sounds like a lot of dives.  He could be infuriating for us, but I really liked him as a player.  How many times was he sent off while here?

22 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I was thinking more about the scenes after May's Cup Final.

With Hamil, he's obviously an ex-Hearts player which had an impact today.  He's also reasonably well known and entirely whole hearted.  

I didn't realise Russell was already sitting on a couple of red cards.  That sounds like a lot of dives.  He could be infuriating for us, but I really liked him as a player.  How many times was he sent off while here?

Hadnt realised Beanie got red today. In fact not even seen their score. His previous red was for a bad tackle though. As was his only one for us, a two footed lunge at Morton in the famous game we drew 1-1 with 9 men towards the end of the Kenny Shiels era.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

1 minute ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Hadnt realised Beanie got red today. In fact not even seen their scote. His previous red was for a bad tackle though. As was his only one for us, a two footed lunge at Morton in the famous game we drew 1-1 with 9 men towards the end of the Kenny Shiels era.

Ah, yes. 

I must admit that I couldn't think of any he'd earned while here.

Maybe today, but both have the capability to he a WUM when they want to. Hamill has slotted nicely into the "hated by all opposition fans" role left by Iain Russell.

Incidentally I see Beanie picked up his second red card of the season today.

Oh dear me.

Sent off in the cup match away to Ayr United also....

I seem to remember people complaining when English commentators began calling him Dobie, because it was clearly Dobbie. Funny how things change.

That annoyed me too. English commentators just cannot get his name pronounced properly.

I see we're down to 8-1 for the title, same as Falkirk, third favourites after Hibs (6-4on) and Dundee United. The bookies were predicting 9th for us at the start. Only 29 games to go, can we hold on.....

Wish I'd placed a bet before Dobbie signed.

With all the 'RUMOURS' of his signing round the town I reckon you have missed the boat [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Certainly would have been a good bet to back Queens to win the league at 28/1 before Dobbie signed, with Queens now at 8/1....

Latest odds from Ladbrokes for winning the Scottish Championship:

Hibernian 8/15

Dundee United 9/2

Queen of the South 5/1

Falkirk 8/1

Raith Rovers 16/1

Dunfermline Athletic 33/1

Greenock Morton 80/1

St Mirren 100/1

Ayr United 100/1

Dumbarton 150/1

I know we lost the last two times at theirs but got to be looking at a straight forward 3 points at Dumbarton this week.

Despite our vile away record and our supporters dwindling confidence our home record isn't the worst.

I'd expect Queens to win, especially with us having to deploy a left back to cover for the suspended Buchanan, but I'd be very disappointed if it was a 'straight forward' win.