The Queen of the South thread

What was the team?
Six of the bench started from last night against Motherwell. Leighfield, Bell, Murray, Tremble, Watson and Harvey. Also playing was Exley. Queens just shaded it in the first half, but after the break Mids dominated and scored twice before Queens equalised in the last few minutes.
Going by this performance, they definitely need to get a few in to strengthen the squad.

13 minutes ago, Toshson said:

Six of the bench started from last night against Motherwell. Leighfield, Bell, Murray, Tremble, Watson and Harvey. Also playing was Exley. Queens just shaded it in the first half, but after the break Mids dominated and scored twice before Queens equalised in the last few minutes.
Going by this performance, they definitely need to get a few in to strengthen the squad.

Exley still not eligible for us. He will have been a Trialist tonight. International clearance has been applied for now he has turned 18. Hopefully cleared by the weekend albeit as we havent a game now for over a week there is no panic.

7 hours ago, Dumfries Boy(new acc) said:

What was the team?

Apologies .I presumed it would be kids .For  seven on the verge of the first team to be drawing with an amateur side is poor .The new Mid Annandale manager is highly regarded.

Its not a very good indication of our bench for the season ahead .

Apologies in advance if I am behind the times !! Was just thinking how nice it would be if Alan Ball’s funeral cortège passed down terregles street, the traditional home end at a given time so supporters could pay their final respects to such a wonderful servant of Queen of the South and Dumfries.

Ever the optimist when it comes to Queens.

This is not to be taken to seriously as it is very  unlikely but if Motherwell failed to win on Saturday and we topped the group, then we could still be seeded. There is no way we can beat Group E so we would need 4 of the other 6 points below to happen.

Group A – Ross County beat Alloa by less than 8 goals , or they draw with Ross C winning  on penalties

Group B – Forfar beat St Johnstone or a draw with Forfar winning on penalties

Group C – Hearts beat Inverness 1 0.

Group D – Dundee fail to beat Brechin and Stirling beat Dunfermline 3 0. If Dunfermline score it would  have to be a Stirling win by 4 clear goals as     Dunfermline  have the better away goals record.

Group E – As I have mentioned no way we can beat the top placed team in this group as Ayr play Partick T and both are currently on 9 points

Group F – If Airdrie fail to beat Hamilton and Berwick beat or draw with Livingston and win on penalties

Group H – If Kilmarnock fail to beat Queens Park and St Mirren score less than 8 goals against Dumbarton.

SD or someone can correct me if I am wrong

10 minutes ago, jakeyman said:

Ever the optimist when it comes to Queens.

This is not to be taken to seriously as it is very  unlikely but if Motherwell failed to win on Saturday and we topped the group, then we could still be seeded. There is no way we can beat Group E so we would need 4 of the other 6 points below to happen.

Group A – Ross County beat Alloa by less than 8 goals , or they draw with Ross C winning  on penalties

Group B – Forfar beat St Johnstone or a draw with Forfar winning on penalties

Group C – Hearts beat Inverness 1 0.

Group D – Dundee fail to beat Brechin and Stirling beat Dunfermline 3 0. If Dunfermline score it would  have to be a Stirling win by 4 clear goals as     Dunfermline  have the better away goals record.

Group E – As I have mentioned no way we can beat the top placed team in this group as Ayr play Partick T and both are currently on 9 points

Group F – If Airdrie fail to beat Hamilton and Berwick beat or draw with Livingston and win on penalties

Group H – If Kilmarnock fail to beat Queens Park and St Mirren score less than 8 goals against Dumbarton.

SD or someone can correct me if I am wrong

Yes it's technically accurate (subject to Hearts beating Inverness 2-1 or 3-2 would be fine too).

It's not going to happen though. In the unlikely event of Motherwell not winning, I don't see any more than a couple of those happening. Hearts may well beat Inverness by a goal. Ross County may well beat Alloa. Forfar beating St Johnstone, Berwick beating Livingston and Queens Park getting points off Kilmarnock might happen but they are all long shots. And I'll eat my hat if Dunfermline lose to Stirling Albion by three goals! :lol:

6 hours ago, kleinfaethetoon said:

Apologies in advance if I am behind the times !! Was just thinking how nice it would be if Alan Ball’s funeral cortège passed down terregles street, the traditional home end at a given time so supporters could pay their final respects to such a wonderful servant of Queen of the South and Dumfries.

Good idea but unless the Club has been asked to have input into the funeral arrangements, where this  could possibly be mentioned,  then it is obviously up to the Alan's family to arrange the funeral as they or he  wished.   I don't know which Funeral Director is doing it but if it's Jardine's,   who are situated in Terregles St,  then the cortege may possibly be on that route anyway.  Whatever the arrangements I'm sure there will be a large turnout of fans. 

8 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Yes it's technically accurate (subject to Hearts beating Inverness 2-1 or 3-2 would be fine too).

It's not going to happen though. In the unlikely event of Motherwell not winning, I don't see any more than a couple of those happening. Hearts may well beat Inverness by a goal. Ross County may well beat Alloa. Forfar beating St Johnstone, Berwick beating Livingston and Queens Park getting points off Kilmarnock might happen but they are all long shots. And I'll eat my hat if Dunfermline lose to Stirling Albion by three goals! :lol:

So, at risk of sounding thick, you mean that you think we’re likely to go through?

Edited by louisxiv

16 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

The quote was about whether we might win the group and even be one of the seeds. Thats not going to happen. We are near certain to go through.

Thanks SD.