The Queen of the South thread

53 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Quite happy with that. Winnable tie if not a moneyspinner.

We took ~600 to Forfar on Saturday. Away to Queens seems to be a popular away day with our support, if we do well in our opening games you could, if you're incredibly optimistic, be looking at around 1000, not sure if that would be a big away support for queen's or not? 

5 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

We took ~600 to Forfar on Saturday. Away to Queens seems to be a popular away day with our support, if we do well in our opening games you could, if you're incredibly optimistic, be looking at around 1000, not sure if that would be a big away support for queen's or not? 

You had just under 1000 at that Scottish Cup tie. I would be surprised if you manage quite as many for a League Cup last 16 tie, although there is the attraction of renewing friendship with Mr Dobbie. ;)

Nobody brought more than 1000 in a League game last season but Thistle had over 1000 at their Scottish Cup win.

5 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

You had just under 1000 at that Scottish Cup tie. I would be surprised if you manage quite as many for a League Cup last 16 tie, although there is the attraction of renewing friendship with Mr Dobbie. ;)

Nobody brought more than 1000 in a League game last season but Thistle had over 1000 at their Scottish Cup win.

That was a cracking visiting support, but the fact that it was the Scottish Cup and St Johnstone were holders, would have played a part.  Some would even say we should  have opened Terregles Street for them.

I can't see there being anything like as many this time, but it should still be quite an attractive tie for both sides.

11 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Yeah, as I say, 1000 is incredibly optimistic. It's hard to explain but there's a buzz about this Saints team there's hasn't been for a while, we've got a brand new young attack which seems to be firing, and there's a lot of optimism. If we can manage good results in the preceeding league games, that hype will be ramped right up, and Saints fans are a sucker for away days when they're excited. 

It'll be a decent crowd I'd imagine but when I said moneyspinner I was thinking more about Sellic or The Rangers away.

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

It's hard to explain but there's a buzz about this Saints team there's hasn't been for a while, we've got a brand new young attack which seems to be firing, and there's a lot of optimism.

Yeah, that's clear from the way you swept all before you with big, high scoring wins in your group. ;)

6 minutes ago, palmy_cammy said:

At least it should allow the two club's boards to get together and discuss the latest player we are going to take from the Saintees and turn into a huge success.

I thought the opposite in that it may prevent a loanee as I'm sure we wouldn't want a loan player for first two matches only for them to have to sit out the cup tie. After the game discussions may take place

17 minutes ago, palmy_cammy said:

At least it should allow the two club's boards to get together and discuss the latest player we are going to take from the Saintees and turn into a huge success.

What do you need? 

We've got a right back, a central midfielder, a central attacking midfielder and two strikers, who are young and likely available to be loaned. 

What do you need? 
We've got a right back, a central midfielder, a central attacking midfielder and two strikers, who are young and likely available to be loaned. 
Definitely a striker. And given Dykes and Dobbs will be our starting pair, a youngster from the top league on loan is exactly the kind of signing I'm hoping for.