The Queen of the South thread

Good luck dealing with whatever family member it was who registered on here to argue that Ally Roy was a good player when he played for us and Dumbarton.

The fact he scored in the Irish Cup and played against Dinamo Minsk in the Europa League apparently meant he was decent.

6 minutes ago, Pie Of The Month said:

Good luck dealing with whatever family member it was who registered on here to argue that Ally Roy was a good player when he played for us and Dumbarton.

The fact he scored in the Irish Cup and played against Dinamo Minsk in the Europa League apparently meant he was decent.

@Rangeman

Besides being terrible at his job, he's also a snake who leaked details of the team's WhatsApp group to the press while at us; presumably in a huff because even Gary Caldwell figured out how useless he was fairly quickly and correctly left him well away from the first team.

It's hard to think of a worse signing being made in this division throughout the rest of the summer.

13 hours ago, AMMjag said:

Besides being terrible at his job, he's also a snake who leaked details of the team's WhatsApp group to the press while at us; presumably in a huff because even Gary Caldwell figured out how useless he was fairly quickly and correctly left him well away from the first team.

It's hard to think of a worse signing being made in this division throughout the rest of the summer.

This.

An absolute sh*te bag of the highest order.  I've never seen anyone pull out of as many 50/50 balls or "comings together" on the pitch.  I genuinely thought he'd be playing for Stirling Uni or Darvel this coming season.

I can't actually believe you lads have signed Ally Roy. An absolute waste of a wage for us for the last two seasons. As mentioned a couple of times already is the least committed player I've ever seen wear a diamond. Will absolutely go missing when the chips are down and will be fairly anonymous when they aren't. I would be stunned if he starts more than a handful of games this season. Baffling, baffling stuff. Just delighted he's off of our books.

I can't actually believe you lads have signed Ally Roy. An absolute waste of a wage for us for the last two seasons. As mentioned a couple of times already is the least committed player I've ever seen wear a diamond. Will absolutely go missing when the chips are down and will be fairly anonymous when they aren't. I would be stunned if he starts more than a handful of games this season. Baffling, baffling stuff. Just delighted he's off of our books.

Sounds encouraging. Can’t wait for the season to start

12 minutes ago, Steeplechat said:

Sounds encouraging. Can’t wait for the season to start

Can you tell I really didn't like him 😂 Honestly though, that's a shocker that someone in management at your club  looked at his utterly abysmal track record everywhere he's went and thought to themselves "this seems like just the fella for what will be a pure slog of a season". 

19 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Arbroath have put a challenge in for that by signing Callum Antell.

No way that statement will come back to bite you on the bum when he has a stormer against us.  To be fair,  although Antell was abysmal with us,  dropped a few clangers so his and subsequently the defence's confidence in him was shot,  I think he has improved,  although we'll get a better idea now he's moved two divisions up. I'm glad we've not signed him though. 

5 hours ago, cb_diamond said:

This is going well ...... Jags fan at work just said similar. 👍

4 hours ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

No way that statement will come back to bite you on the bum when he has a stormer against us.  To be fair,  although Antell was abysmal with us,  dropped a few clangers so his and subsequently the defence's confidence in him was shot,  I think he has improved,  although we'll get a better idea now he's moved two divisions up. I'm glad we've not signed him though. 

I am sure he was in goal when we pumped Edinburgh City 5 or 6 nil a couple of seasons ago. I don’t think there is any danger of him breaking any hearts. 

Tbf to Roy, Euan East was given the same treatment by some Albion posters last season who were gobsmacked he got a FT gig and at this level. He's not my favourite player but I think the majority of fans like him so I'll wait and see how Roy does.