The Queen of the South thread

Out of interest now that we have equaled Gretna's point tally how many points did they win the league by. Queens are now 27 points clear at the top which in itself must be close to a record

Gretna only finished 18 points ahead of Morton.

That`s what it is looking like at the moment.

Gretna 36 28 4 4 97 30 67 88

Queens 34 28 4 2 89 21 68 88

We should beat Gretna`s point record, get more wins and concede less goals then them but the one Queens will find the hardest to beat is there goals scored record.

Top league goalscorer for Gretna that season was Kenny Deuchar with 18 so Nicky Clark has easily beat that as he has currently scored 29 in the league.

Clark has 38 goals altogether so he is just 3 goals behind Queens all time record of 41 goals by Jimmy Rutherford.

So come on Queens and Clark go get as many records as possible this season.

I can assure you Roddy was charged an extra £15 to get the top signed which is shocking fair enough buying the top as the club get loads of requests from charities but charging to get it signed is poor.Especially when its a local charity organised by a Queens die hard who several years ago organised special equipment free of charge to clean the old stand during the fans clean up.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Pie & Bovril mobile app

What we can deduce from the Gretna stats is that their goals must have been shared amongst the team big time . Defenders and midfielders must have been netting to have hit that many and the leading goalscorer to ' only ' have 18.

Just had a look at the top goalscorers from that year and there are 4 players on it from them.

Kenny Deuchar 18

James Grady 16

Ryan McGuffie 13

Steve Tosh 12

That`s 59 of there 97 goals for the other 38 I don`t know.

I can assure you Roddy was charged an extra £15 to get the top signed which is shocking fair enough buying the top as the club get loads of requests from charities but charging to get it signed is poor.Especially when its a local charity organised by a Queens die hard who several years ago organised special equipment free of charge to clean the old stand during the fans clean up.

If the club are aware of the reason for the request, yet still charge £15, I find that incredible and sort of despicable.

If the club are aware of the reason for the request, yet still charge £15, I find that incredible and sort of despicable.

Not sort of despicable at all. More utterly despicable and heartless.

I'd like to know who decided to charge Rod £15 for the shirt getting signed and WHY ?

This is completely out of order and a complete embarrassment to the club

Get it sorted NOW

Brilliant PR work Queens , just brilliant :(

Good news on official site. The club is letting under 12's in FREE with a paying adult to watch the last home league game of this fantastic season & also to see the double presentation of LEAGUE trophy and Ramsdens cup after the match.

Lets hope for a bumper crowd at Palmerston to watch and cheer on one of the best teams that has graced the Palmerston turf.

Should be a great occasion, be part of it.

This will be the last official game on the famous solway turf also.

A few years ago when I sponsored a player (Steve Bowey) I bought a shirt and asked if it could be signed, paid about 50 quid in total. I wasn't too bothered as I knew the money was going to the club but I would have been annoyed if it had been for charity. That's a different kettle of fish.

No doubt there will be a "if we gave away signed shirts to every charity that asked we'd be losing money..." response if anyone brings this up on the PR disaster that is the blog on the Official site.

Clark has 38 goals altogether so he is just 3 goals behind Queens all time record of 41 goals by Jimmy Rutherford.
So come on Queens and Clark go get as many records as possible this season.

That is phenomenal. :thumsup2

A few years ago when I sponsored a player (Steve Bowey) I bought a shirt and asked if it could be signed, paid about 50 quid in total. I wasn't too bothered as I knew the money was going to the club but I would have been annoyed if it had been for charity. That's a different kettle of fish.

No doubt there will be a "if we gave away signed shirts to every charity that asked we'd be losing money..." response if anyone brings this up on the PR disaster that is the blog on the Official site.

what realy irkes and am no one for slagging the club i love. i was more than happy to buy the shirt and put money in the coffers but the charge for signing it was disapointing.anyway done with now.

bid for shirt now stands at £140.

I can understand why they need to charge for the shirt. I'd prefer they didn't, but can understand that it might get costly if there were too many requests. I'd be surprised if there were all that many to be honest, but giving away free shirts might create some sort of a costly precedent.

Charging extra to have it signed in order to raise money for charity however is outrageous, utterly outrageous and shameful. I wonder how such actions square with any notion of an ethics policy.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

Good news on official site. The club is letting under 12's in FREE with a paying adult to watch the last home league game of this fantastic season & also to see the double presentation of LEAGUE trophy and Ramsdens cup after the match.

Lets hope for a bumper crowd at Palmerston to watch and cheer on one of the best teams that has graced the Palmerston turf.

Should be a great occasion, be part of it.

This will be the last official game on the famous solway turf also.

Lets also enjoy beating Gretna's points total And hope Nicky can get get closer to the goal scoring record of 41, another hatrick would do nicely!