The Queen of the South thread

1 hour ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Well the QPR fans dont agree with you. They are desperate for him to stay. Pretty sure they'll make a profit on him if he goes this summer.

Here’s his biggest fanboy. 

Was it 2 million they paid? I highly doubt any club would be silly enough to pay over 2 million for a striker who scored 8 goals in 40 appearances. Only 2 assists in there too before you tell us how good that part of his game is, again. 

1 hour ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Well the QPR fans dont agree with you. They are desperate for him to stay. Pretty sure they'll make a profit on him if he goes this summer.

In the last year of his contract  seems to have turned down a new deal  so Q.P.R. really have to sell.

Livi will get a cut of any fee do we still get something.

8 minutes ago, FrankReynolds said:

Here’s his biggest fanboy. 

Was it 2 million they paid? I highly doubt any club would be silly enough to pay over 2 million for a striker who scored 8 goals in 40 appearances. Only 2 assists in there too before you tell us how good that part of his game is, again. 

Think what you like. We'll see.

Hearing Livi looking at Rhori Paton.Big step up imo.Could he cut it in West Lothian Doonhamers fans.No surprise Lyndon is creating interest from both of us financially with his apparent departure from QPR.Silly money down south but would be welcome to both clubs id suspect.Thoughts Queens.

5 minutes ago, Troy.1995 said:

Hearing Livi looking at Rhori Paton.Big step up imo.Could he cut it in West Lothian Doonhamers fans.No surprise Lyndon is creating interest from both of us financially with his apparent departure from QPR.Silly money down south but would be welcome to both clubs id suspect.Thoughts Queens.

Last year or his contract. Goal scoring isn’t one of his attributes, only 2 assists in 40 appearances too. Wouldn’t hold your breath on him going for more than what QPR paid for him and getting much from the sell on clause,  his value has dropped.

18 minutes ago, Troy.1995 said:

I don't know if it would be too big a jump for him just now. I still think a season in the Scottish Championship would do him good. If he does go to Livi then he'll absolutely give it his all. His attitude is outstanding and his ability has certainly improved in the last year. Would absolutely be rooting for him if he gets such a move. 

10 minutes ago, FrankReynolds said:

Last year or his contract. Goal scoring isn’t one of his attributes, only 2 assists in 40 appearances too. Wouldn’t hold your breath on him going for more than what QPR paid for him and getting much from the sell on clause,  his value has dropped.

He's now an experienced Championship player and a regular International starter. I doubt QPR will be interested in offers under what they paid for him. 

6 minutes ago, FrankReynolds said:

You really think down south with the crazy transfer fees that Dykes would not go for over £2 million I would think his value has at least   doubled.

Hopefully Queens have again  a cut of the transfer fee .

Away from that have heard the rumour of Paton to Livi big step up for him but with his brilliant attitude I am sure he would do well.

Hopefully we will get a decent development fee for him wherever he goes . 

Cheers for you input lads.Yeh Lyndon hasn't exactly been setting the Heather on fire down there granted.But we both know how good he can be when he's on his game.Been tough fur him down there.Just hope if a move materialises for him both us and Queens benefit.Rhori is one im more interested in.Im sure Marvin and Martindale will be in dialogue as to whether he could cut it with us at a higher level.

58 minutes ago, Troy.1995 said:

Cheers for you input lads.Yeh Lyndon hasn't exactly been setting the Heather on fire down there granted.But we both know how good he can be when he's on his game.Been tough fur him down there.Just hope if a move materialises for him both us and Queens benefit.Rhori is one im more interested in.Im sure Marvin and Martindale will be in dialogue as to whether he could cut it with us at a higher level.

I'm sure a lot of Queens fans wondered if Dykes and Obileye were good enough at the time to cut it in the Premiership. Rhuari might make it with having better training and players around him. 

Having seen his stats,would agree.But if other clubs come sniffing.Prabably get more money than we can offer.Having said that, we've a habit of progressing the future of young guys to better things for their future career. We're exceptional at that.Queens have themselves to take into consideration granted.But for the lad,would be a chance to put himself in the shop window at the top table.With all due respects to Queens.Great club who's trips I've missed down at Palmerston👍.

3 hours ago, Troy.1995 said:

Queens have themselves to take into consideration granted..

Not up to us though. He's an out of contract free agent. He can go where he likes. We're due compensation but we have no input directly on where he goes.

2 hours ago, Greenacres said:

Innes Cameron has signed a new deal at Killie.

If there was one player I thought would get released it was him let's just say his loan could have gone better with us .

Innes Cameron is an excellent powerful forward with much to offer, though like Dykes, I doubt he'll ever be a very high goalscorer. His second loan spell didnt work out well, he couldnt buy a goal, but his first was decent. His last year has been ruined by a bad injury but I know Derek McInnes rates him highly. Fully expected him to get a new deal. 

8 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

His second loan spell didnt work out well, he couldnt buy a goal, 

Or to put it another way, he was mince in that spell, and Johnston and then Gibson giving him the game time that they did was a joke. Easy to say in hindsight after his exploits of the season just ended, but maybe if they'd used Paton more often and more effectively up front instead of out wide I'd hazard a guess we would have scored a few more goals. MT's a wee bit harsh blaming Cameron's ineptitude as a striker for our relegation but when you need your striker(s) to outscore the goals being conceded you expect a wee bit better return for chances created that he managed. 

On 04/06/2023 at 07:15, Fae_the_'briggs said:

MT's a wee bit harsh blaming Cameron's ineptitude as a striker for our relegation 

I didn't quite do that.

The reasons why we were again at that end of the table run much deeper than him.

However, he did miss big chances in key games late in the campaign, which would probably have made a difference to our fate, had he buried them.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

28 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I didn't quite do that.

The reasons why were again at that end of the table run much deeper than him.

However, he did miss big chances in key games late in the campaign, which would probably have made a difference to our fate, had he buried them.

He did. And its fair to say it would have made a difference. We ultimately went down by 3 points or so. There was one home game near the end of the season, cant recall who against where he played really well and battered the opposition defence but hit the post and missed a couple of sitters. I get why QoS fans would be critical but I always felt he was on the edge of getting it right in front of goal but he never did. He scored a few with Alloa though and has done well when given chances at Killie. There's definitely a player in there who could do a job for Killie.

30 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I didn't quite do that.

The reasons why were again at that end of the table run much deeper than him.

I was excited to get Cameron on loan after his spell at Alloa but his second spell was a disaster. He had all the attributes of a great centre but his finishing was dire and persisting with him was undoubtedly one of the causes of our demise. I’m similarly puzzled with Connolly. There is absolutely a player in there but injury and whatever else may have happened ( fit, formation god knows what) blunted him last year. I still wouldn’t be averse to giving him a contract this year. 

Prize money we received £185,170.

The Cups  we only got £9,500 for our early exit from the  Scottish Cup yet made £77, 000 from the Viaplay Cup.

We are only just behind Dunfermline who received £198 ,000 but Falkirk got more than double receiving over £400,000 after doing well in the Cups .

Crucial to us is obviously getting back up  the Championship .

On League placing alone we received £98,000 yet the bottom club in the Championship got £209,000 .

Edited by Greenacres

On 03/06/2023 at 09:51, QoS99 said:

Seeing a report that Dykes is off this summer, are we due any more money if he’s moved on?

On 03/06/2023 at 11:14, QoS99 said:

Blackburn and Rangers

Could be Govan bound I guess, the cockney boy Beale would have known Dykes from his spell at QPR no doubt.