The Queen of the South thread

1 hour ago, annan4eva said:

That is exactly my point the four clubs need to finish top four for full time status to be justified surely? If not achieved then pointless. As you mention other clubs compete capably.

Don't see why it's pointless if not achieved. It's a sporting competition so success isn't guaranteed for a certain level of commitment ... just ask Falkirk for instance. I don't see ambition and endeavour as pointless though - being FT in the third tier should be an advantage, but it's certainly not the be all and end all.

I am sure that, like a few Pars fans this season, Queens will be my other team on a Saturday. Surely, given how well Marv did in the second half of the season with players he inherited he should do well this season now that he knows them all and can get a couple of his own in?

3 hours ago, Biblemaster said:

If I was on the board, I think I'd be tempted to walk away with comments like this! As I've said before, I don't know Billy Hewitson, but Craig and Mark are two of the most diehard Queens fans I know. They are also sensible, experienced business men!

If they didn’t walk away when they were getting it in the ear over the past two seasons, I doubt they would do so in response to a comment on P&B..

They navigated the choppy waters of relegation and a poor first half of 2022/23, without too much damage to their standing. 

43 minutes ago, qos_75 said:

If they didn’t walk away when they were getting it in the ear over the past two seasons, I doubt they would do so in response to a comment on P&B..

They navigated the choppy waters of relegation and a poor first half of 2022/23, without too much damage to their standing. 

It would really annoy me to keep hearing that there are "no fans on the board" (and not just on P&B).  There are at least 2 (I suspect 3) fans on the board. They may be open to criticism for other things, but not for "not being fans".

Edited by Biblemaster
Added the last sentence.

57 minutes ago, qos_75 said:

Did they really get it in the ear though? Any comments about them are kept to on here or social media. A few boos here and there at games is about as tough as it gets for them. There’s no link between the fans and the board especially since they’ve not replaced the SLO. “The recruitment of a new SLO will begin shortly” was what they said in their update... 18 months ago. They do well to keep a divide between the board and fans and I don’t believe for one minute it’s because there wasn’t adequate applications for the SLO roll after the last SLO members stepped down. 

19 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Aye, fair enough. So it's rubbish then! 😂 (I know it's not your rubbish). The data is clearly nonsense. If you feed nonsense in you'll get nonsense out. Cochrane's goal threat is massively exaggerated there and his creative passing is under-rated. Todd's goal threat is significantly under-rated there.

As I've said before, I've no idea what a Hudl Focus Camera is. We have a special pitch panorama camera thing we use sometimes (though rarely at matches I think, more at training) but as far as I know the footage from that is for our own use, not shared. There's a Pixellot camera in the stadium from our Championship days but as far as I know it's not recorded a match since we were relegated. We film our own games but don't always publish the highlights, depends what time @MOTD Wannabee has. As far as I know the footage is shared to whatever profiles it needs to be though.

Have my season ticket renewal which is good but under 16 not free this season.

Away from that how many loans can you have at the one time.

Edited by Greenacres

51 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Am I making it up or does the English market open today? Maybe misread it somewhere. Kind of expecting a couple of signings from doon the road. 

The window opened today. Here too. All thats been announced up to today by everyclub are renewals and pre-contracts.

48 minutes ago, Greenacres said:

Have my season ticket renewal which is good but under 16 not free this season .

Not sure what relevance is to the post you quoted? 

We had a sponsor paying for the last two years through the Community Trust. They are now focussing on a different promotion with the Trust. 

Edited by Skyline Drifter

1 minute ago, Skyline Drifter said:

The window opened today. Hete too. All thats been announced up to today by everyclub are renewals and pee-contracts.

Not sure whst relevance is to the post you quoted? 

We had a sponsor paying for the last two years through the Community Trust. They are now focussing on a different promotion with the Trust. 

Is pee contracts for the toilet cleaners jobs? 

See you just signed Kyle McClelland from Hibs. He was on season long loan with us last season. Not often i have much of a bad word to say about many players but we returned him to Hibs early. He was completely and utterly out of his depth. Not strong enough to play centre back, positionally all over the place and decision making was poor. Definitely not a midfielder either.

Hope Marv can get something out of him but can't see him being a regular for you

1 minute ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

See you just signed Kyle McClelland from Hibs. He was on season long loan with us last season. Not often i have much of a bad word to say about many players but we returned him to Hibs early. He was completely and utterly out of his depth. Not strong enough to play centre back, positionally all over the place and decision making was poor. Definitely not a midfielder either.

Hope Marv can get something out of him but can't see him being a regular for you

Ffs, sounds promising. 

1 minute ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

So that's a striker and defender signed that have less than positive reviews from previous clubs. I really hope Bartley knows what he's doing. 

2 hours ago, Otis Blue said:

Don't see why it's pointless if not achieved. It's a sporting competition so success isn't guaranteed for a certain level of commitment ... just ask Falkirk for instance. I don't see ambition and endeavour as pointless though - being FT in the third tier should be an advantage, but it's certainly not the be all and end all.

Ok. QOS as Annan in a few weeks will be as ready as they can be to embark on a fresh season. Good luck to both and I sincerely hope the do the South of Scotland proud. 

5 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Was only 17/18 years old when he was at us but the above is exactly how I would have described him.

Started against us for Hibs in our cup game last season and was hooked at half time(not the only one right enough) as Gary Oliver had him & Bushiri on toast.