The Queen of the South thread

3 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Can't see it having an impact.

Would you argue about Queens being the bigger club?  I think that's pretty self evident to be honest.  I don't say it as a boast, just as a reflection of the size of towns they're each in.  

Believe me, I've no great admiration for 'big' clubs, especially the Scottish ones.

In size sure. There is nothing big about about begging for painters and slagging when they paint ?

im hoping both clubs do well this season 

2 hours ago, annan4eva said:

In size sure. There is nothing big about about begging for painters and slagging when they paint ?

That doesn't change the fact QoS are a bigger club than Annan though. 

2 hours ago, annan4eva said:

Me too, I hope both clubs have a successful season. Regards the size chat, I think that most fans of Queens and Annan would agree that it's much better to support your local club, even if they aren't very big. Certainly more fun than following teams a hundred miles away from where you were born and raised (for me anyway).

5 hours ago, Bairn in Exile said:

WE. ARE. MASSIVE.

Tbf, I think every diddy club poster on P&B is aware of this fact - the Bairns keep reminding us of it regularly - keep up the good work lads, don't let us down!

On 13/07/2023 at 11:19, Skyline Drifter said:

Charlie Cowie joins Gretna on loan for the season with a recall option in the agreement.

http://www.qosfc.com/news-6127

No surprise. He was clearly always going out on loan to get games as we don't need a 3rd keeper sitting in the stand and he played for Gretna against us as a trialist last week. Hopefully works well for all parties. He had a great season last year.

Aye, as others have said already, hope it goes well for young Charlie.  You never know, he might turn out to be as good as another "local" keeper we had back in the day who became very much a fixture for the club and turned out over 700 times between the Palmy sticks. 👍

4 hours ago, annan4eva said:

There is nothing big about about begging for painters and slagging when they paint ?

Erm yes.  Sorry for somehow suggesting to you that I thought otherwise.  I'll clearly need to watch that in future.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

18 hours ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Any upddates on injuries to Brydon, Wilson and Gibson plus any other doubtfuls? Realise Brydon's could be a longer term but will others make it for this Cup Group games? 

We could really do with a pre match update from Marv on injuries and how close we are to signing anyone .

We miss Finlay for that  although Sandra does a good job on match day .

Think I last heard Wilson Doherty  and Gibson are close to coming back.

The main worry is Brydon he could be out for months depending how bad his hamstring injury is.

Church nobody seems to have any idea about him he never gets a mention.

57 minutes ago, Greenacres said:

Aye, the lad Dan Church is in danger of becoming something of an enigma this season ... or variations on that theme ... [dearie me, apologies in advance ...]

22 minutes ago, FrankReynolds said:

Imagine playing for Queens and getting an injury that you couldn’t prevent and reading or hearing the shite our fans are saying about you. Poor Dan. 

No, more concerned for him and interested to hear how his recovery is progressing.

16 hours ago, Riviera711 said:

Me too, I hope both clubs have a successful season. Regards the size chat, I think that most fans of Queens and Annan would agree that it's much better to support your local club, even if they aren't very big. Certainly more fun than following teams a hundred miles away from where you were born and raised (for me anyway).

It would be fantastic for both to be doing well 

15 hours ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Is annan4eva going to be the Annan supporting troll for this season? Hopefully the more sensible Annan posters, I'm sure there must be 1 or 2, will join us for some good debates. 

Im not going to be trolling anything too busy. I hope both clubs go well for sure. I was merely replying to an unkind remark ?

2 hours ago, BeeJay said:

Chima in disguise perhaps?

Just had a look and it appears Chima has signed for Cavalry FC of the Canadian Premier League and has been a regular starter, although he's missed the last two games. 

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/udoka-chima/leistungsdaten/spieler/733466

No idea of the quality of that league, but Cavalry's average attendance last year was 3,500 which would suggest it's a decent level. He's still only 21, so hopefully it works out for the lad.

2 hours ago, FrankReynolds said:

Imagine playing for Queens and getting an injury that you couldn’t prevent and reading or hearing the shite our fans are saying about you. Poor Dan. 

It is more what is the injury ? Is he okay?

When will he play for us ?.

We just have had no information on him that is the problem.

4 hours ago, Greenacres said:

We could really do with a pre match update from Marv on injuries and how close we are to signing anyone .

We miss Finlay for that  although Sandra does a good job on match day .

Think I last heard Wilson Doherty  and Gibson are close to coming back.

The main worry is Brydon he could be out for months depending how bad his hamstring injury is.

I'm really not sure how often you need to be told Finlay had nothing whatsoever to do with that sort of information. It came from Sandra and depends on her talking with the manager and what he wants to say.

47 minutes ago, Greenacres said:

It is more what is the injury ? Is he okay?

When will he play for us ?.

We just have had no information on him that is the problem.

Church had some sort of minor injury when he arrived. I've genuinely no idea what it is as I never asked. I assume he's not that far away, he's been training. He's on the pitch at Palmerston in the 'Worst Dressed" video that was clearly filmed before the Gretna game.

4 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Just 2 days until our first competitive game.  Can’t wait.

image.thumb.jpeg.514b98cf7c99751e12226341cf41936c.jpeg

Don't know if you've noticed MT ... but that sign could do with updating ... 🤔