The Queen of the South thread

11 minutes ago, The rocket man said:

The other is that most current supporters in town change  their attitude and encourage their friends and family to come along to games, which obviously swells the crowds and financially benefits the club,  which will have a big impact on player morale, budgets and so on. 

Yes, the small crowds are definitely the fault of the fans who do attend games.

55 minutes ago, HighlandQueen said:

I thought McIntyre was excellent today as his opponent was outstanding. 

MacIntyre had one of his best games so far it has to be said.  It was also great seeing Connelly looking a lot more like his old self - amazing what a run of starts can do confidence-wise for a player like him.  As for MOTM though it has to be Stone who made 1 or 10 crucial saves.

Thats a tremendous result, tremendous. Well done to all involved. Hope this accident in the car park isn't as serious as it sounds.

Anyone any idea why tweets from the Club don't have any actual links to the stories? I'm presuming its an "Elon has f#cked things up" situation, rather than someone forgetting? 

10 hours ago, Swarley said:

Thats a tremendous result, tremendous. Well done to all involved. Hope this accident in the car park isn't as serious as it sounds.

Anyone any idea why tweets from the Club don't have any actual links to the stories? I'm presuming its an "Elon has f#cked things up" situation, rather than someone forgetting? 

We switched to a new integration after Elons fun and games. It wasnt picking up the link, but should be now.

Just have to get round it throttling the tweets around 4:40 every Saturday :thumbsdown

Having watched those highlights which clearly shows Fotheringham used his arm to control the ball for his second goal but prior to that when McMann passed it down the line both McGuffie and Logan who are both tight to the line, claim the ball's out of play. I thought only two of the officials had stinkers but looks like I was wrong and all three did.

Thankfully justice prevailed.

1 hour ago, bod said:

Having watched those highlights which clearly shows Fotheringham used his arm to control the ball for his second goal but prior to that when McMann passed it down the line both McGuffie and Logan who are both tight to the line, claim the ball's out of play. I thought only two of the officials had stinkers but looks like I was wrong and all three did.

Thankfully justice prevailed.

Did hear them complaining but I don't think the video clears it up. And tbh, I quite like the idea there was a linesman who knew what "full ball" means. Fed up of linesmen on that side giving throw-ins when the ball crosses the line slightly. If you wouldn't give a goal then you shouldn't be giving a throw-in. 

I'm guessing the handball was a lot clearer from the other side? I've watched that video a few times and haven't been convinced otherwise that it hits his chest. There's a cringey Utd vlog of the game on YouTube and he misses the initial contact as well. Worth a watch for the very end of the video alone :lol:

36 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Did hear them complaining but I don't think the video clears it up. And tbh, I quite like the idea there was a linesman who knew what "full ball" means. Fed up of linesmen on that side giving throw-ins when the ball crosses the line slightly. If you wouldn't give a goal then you shouldn't be giving a throw-in. 

I'm guessing the handball was a lot clearer from the other side? I've watched that video a few times and haven't been convinced otherwise that it hits his chest. There's a cringey Utd vlog of the game on YouTube and he misses the initial contact as well. Worth a watch for the very end of the video alone :lol:

I think even that angle shows that It's handball.  It's not nearly as clear as from the old stand which is why I can forgive the ref.  However, when you look closely you can see that it's bounced up and past Fotheringham.  Only his arm can bring it back into his path.  It wasn't actually even his upper arm.  

It was that blatant that I'm struggling to see how the linesman could possibly have missed it.  He's a little behind it, but his view seems unimpeded.  Crazy.

6 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I think even that angle shows that It's handball.  It's not nearly as clear as from the old stand which is why I can forgive the ref.  However, when you look closely you can see that it's bounced up and past Fotheringham.  Only his arm can bring it back into his path.  It wasn't actually even his upper arm.  

It was that blatant that I'm struggling to see how the linesman could possibly have missed it.  He's a little behind it, but his view seems unimpeded.  Crazy.

I'll need to stick it on on the tele. I just can't see it clearly on my phone. I'm not arguing it wasn't a handball as there's a helluva shouting for it, I just thought it would have been far clearer than that footage. 

1 hour ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Difficult to see on a phone but I was convinced at the time that the angle that the ball came down as he controlled it indicated a handball. Would be good to get a view from anyone in the main stand. Marvin was angry enough about it to get booked and our players were incensed. Still justice was indeed done. Great result. Terribly sad postscript with what happened in the car park though. Condolences to the chaps family. 

30 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Whit? The way we play against the big teams we've nowt to fear.

... fair point but the Buddies are sitting clear 3rd in the Premiership just now so this is gonna be a level up from United (where we rode our luck a bit) and it's in their back yard.

Probably a 4k crowd so the cheque will be a bit meh after all our efforts on Saturday. Gotta hope, but it looks a bit pish.

19 minutes ago, Otis Blue said:

... fair point but the Buddies are sitting clear 3rd in the Premiership just now so this is gonna be a level up from United (where we rode our luck a bit) and it's in their back yard.

Probably a 4k crowd so the cheque will be a bit meh after all our efforts on Saturday. Gotta hope, but it looks a bit pish.

The whole draw does not have a decent game  in it .

We could have got worse say a away trip to the Highlands make nothing at least we will make something .

Very difficult a step up from United  but we must forget about it for now game not untill 20th Jan.

38 minutes ago, Greenacres said:

The whole draw does not have a decent game  in it .

We could have got worse say a away trip to the Highlands make nothing at least we will make something .

Very difficult a step up from United  but we must forget about it for now game not untill 20th Jan.

Agree with most of this.  Spartans v Hearts is the only tie that caught my eye.  Ten out of the twelve Premiership teams managed to draw lower division opposition?  They must have kept the relevant balls in the fridge for the required amount of time this time.

I very rarely go to away games so won't be heading up to Paisley for our game, but in a way I'm happy that we're not at home as our recent record at Palmerston suggests that we have more of a chance if we're not playing in Dumfries.