The Queen of the South thread

3 minutes ago, Slipmat said:

Looking at the list of managers who have been appointed or given temporary charge of the team since Hewitson became chairman, the majority of years which have seen us in decline, a pattern suddenly emerges when it comes to the "previous managerial experience" section of their CV's:

Allan Johnston  -  none

Jim McIntyre  -  Dunfermline

James Fowler  -  none

Gavin Skelton  -  none

Jim Thomson  -  none

Gary Naysmith  -  East Fife

Allan Johnston  -  QOS, Kilmarnock, Dunfermline

Wullie Gibson  -  none

Grant Murray  -  Raith

Marvin Bartley  -  none

Maybe time to ditch the untried approach?  And if we go down the tried and tested route just make sure it's not AJ again.

It'll be John Hughes. 

So we've now lost 9 of our last 12 games under Bartley.  Which makes me wonder, if in Hewitson's line of business, he employs a site manager who is tasked with supervising the construction of 12 houses and 9 of them were found to be structurally defective and unsaleable, would he be happy to continue to employ that manager to oversee further projects?

6 minutes ago, Slipmat said:

So we've now lost 9 of our last 12 games under Bartley.  Which makes me wonder, if in Hewitson's line of business, he employs a site manager who is tasked with supervising the construction of 12 houses and 9 of them were found to be structurally defective and unsaleable, would he be happy to continue to employ that manager to oversee further projects?

A slightly dodgy parallel.

If we'd won 80% of our games that would be brilliant.  If 20% of homes were structurally defective and unsellable, that would be a disaster.

41 minutes ago, Kunter said:

Be a bit bad if this technical issue is really cover for his departure. So basically the club would have lied to everyone publicly 😂

Wouldn't be the first time tbh. 

I don't like to see anyone losing their job but for the club's sake the board really need to act fast. The reality is we're stuck with this group and I'm not entirely convinced a new manager will have an instant impact. It'll likely take a couple of weeks to hire someone, it'll take him a week or two to see what areas he needs to strengthen realistically and by that time the window should be open. Leave it until after the January window and I'm seriously worried we're going to finish 9th.