The Queen of the South thread

32 minutes ago, die hard doonhamer said:

Because the board don’t give a f**k

The opposite could be said given that the board allowed Bartley to sign Mumbongo and Kilsby.

I actually believe that rather than not giving a f**k, they are just f**king clueless.

1 hour ago, Scosha said:

How is Bartley still in a job with you guys? 

Because he's only about half way through a two and a half year contract.  

As others have said, it means that both sacking him and keeping him are costly.

Just now, Kunter said:

Queens is just a waste of time. 

Shite football in a shite league, zero ambition and only more shitness to look forward to going part time next season. 

Brutal, but true.

12 minutes ago, Kunter said:

Queens is just a waste of time. 

Shite football in a shite league, zero ambition and only more shitness to look forward to going part time next season. 

In the market for the best PT players rather than the shittest FT players could be quite refreshing tbh. 

12 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

In the market for the best PT players rather than the shittest FT players could be quite refreshing tbh. 

On paper that sounds like a sensible idea. However, would you trust the current management team to not only get the best players available, but mould them into a winning team?  

Just now, 19QOS19 said:

We thought we might get promoted last season and we didn't. We thought we would be at least pushing for the play offs this season and we aren't. To think we might be a decent part time outfit  is extremely wishful thinking , again..

When we were "good" part time we had investment thrown at it.  Prior to the Connolly years it wasn't great either.  

I'm now looking forward to the match next Saturday evening. A chance to get back on winning ways after disappointment of last action of the match. A big crowd, a few beers and hopefully retain the Calcutta cup

6 minutes ago, queenslad said:

I'm now looking forward to the match next Saturday evening. A chance to get back on winning ways after disappointment of last action of the match. A big crowd, a few beers and hopefully retain the Calcutta cup

Right, so:

With the Rugby on the telly, the Queens game being on another channel, Queens being this awful, our opponents being small and distant, and George possibly having commitments in Rochdale, the crowd next week really is going to be pitiful.

35 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Right, so:

With the Rugby on the telly, the Queens game being on another channel, Queens being this awful, our opponents being small and distant, and George possibly having commitments in Rochdale, the crowd next week really is going to be pitiful.

In all seriousness, I fully expect it to be the lowest home crowd for a League fixture in the last 20 years or so. I'm picturing about 5/600 in attendance. 

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

In all seriousness, I fully expect it to be the lowest home crowd for a League fixture in the last 20 years or so. I'm picturing about 5/600 in attendance. 

Yep desperate times. Hard to see the attendance being much above that. Puts a new slant on the notion that we can’t afford to sack Bartley. Those who stay away next week because we’re shite/the rugby’s on tv/the QOS game is on tv aren’t likely to be tempted back anytime soon. What an absolute mess we are in. 

Ah, well it's not Marvin's fault.

Apparently he'd been telling them all week that yesterday would be about "mentality", but inexplicably, they didn't listen.

Sandra and he still seem to be under the impression that we're really good against the teams above us.  It doesn't really explain why there are so many of them.  

Next week against Montrose is apparently a 'must win', but Bartley says he thinks all games are, which raises questions regarding his obvious delight and pride after Falkirk only beat us narrowly.  

I wonder if someone should tell them that the points gap to 9th is now the same as that to 4th, with fewer other teams in the way.  The play-off push we seem to be mounting is not quite as advertised.

17 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Ah, well it's not Marvin's fault.

Apparently he'd been telling them all week that yesterday would be about "mentality", but inexplicably, they didn't listen.

Sandra and he still seem to be under the impression that we're really good against the teams above us.  It doesn't really explain why there are so many of them.  

Next week against Montrose is apparently a 'must win', but Bartley says he thinks all games are, which raises questions regarding his obvious delight and pride after Falkirk only beat us narrowly.  

I wonder if someone should tell them that the points gap to 9th is now the same as that to 4th, with fewer other teams in the way.  The play-off push we seem to be mounting is not quite as advertised.

Just watched the interview. Pretty much heard all those lines from Marv before and it no longer washes. Sadly it’s repetitive, like watching AJ before he was fired. He needs to choose the right team to do the job and motivate them to do it. Considering the so called quality of our team vs City that was a disgrace. Edinburgh deserve the plaudits for grit and effort.  Only Brydon and Mumbongo escape criticism. The points in the interview I picked up were indeed the delusional point about our attitude to teams above us…well our record shows that that has worked…not. The final kicker was the one about players turning up on time again. Was that why Ambrose was on the bench again? If someone was late that’s the biggest indicator of poor mentality. Guess we will limp through to the summer and likely 7th place but given finances, terrible results and fan unhappiness big calls in the summer for our Board. They got us into this dire situation and they need to find a way out.  A lot of fans will be saying….why should I go and watch this…there is no entertainment and joy in it just now. I guess 500 fans max next Saturday. This can’t go on next season…..

12 minutes ago, HighlandQueen said:

The final kicker was the one about players turning up on time again. Was that why Ambrose was on the bench again? If someone was late that’s the biggest indicator of poor mentality. 

Did you think he meant that literally?

Maybe you're right.  I just took it as a reference to the team 'not turning up ' in the way that expression is usually deployed.  He'd earlier said that we'd never really got going.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

43 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Did you think he meant that literally?

Maybe you're right.  I just took it as a reference to the team 'not turning up ' in the way that expression is usually deployed.  He'd earlier said that we'd never really got going.

He says “every player needs to arrive on time because it affects the group”. I took as someone late again. Just surmising it’s Efe as benched when fit. My worry is that they don’t seem to be playing for Bartley…